Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 12:47 AM       
Aw shit, I just got the LCD seal of approval.

If you are decent at last minute cram-style scanning, you can pick some funny bits out of helm & khal's exchange, but really, this isnt the funnies page of the forum so why you bitchin?

And Nom, don't take that as validation of your worthless infestation of this thread, just so there's no misunderstanding. Reading your words is like slow
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 01:15 AM       
I'm not. This forum(and sometimes movies and games) is the only forum I go to. Chojin is the one who finds my posts in threads discussing current events to be painfully unfunny. I never knew I was suppose to crack jokes in every thread just because its called Imockery. But let's not sidetrack this thread again with my cancer inducing posts. Continue the heated discussion at your own pleasure and risk.
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 04:06 AM       
ok guys we got the ok from ant

Nom is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 12:51 PM       
Nevermind Kelly. There’s no reason to bore everyone. This is obviously not the place to have this conversation. Later.
Mocker
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 12:59 PM       
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 01:10 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant10708
Chojin is a VET and Helm is funny and since he is a big contributer to this thread I think the thread is funny by default.
No, it's still boring as sin, but this is really the forum for such shenanigans.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 02:16 PM       
i just had such high expectations cause it was a hollycaust thread is all
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 04:55 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nom
Nevermind Kelly. There’s no reason to bore everyone. This is obviously not the place to have this conversation. Later.
Quitter.

P.S. Sorry, Ziggy. Perhaps my above repsponse will give you the closure on this topic that you so desire.

P.S.S. Dialetics is the uber-form of passive aggressive behavior. Smartassimus maximus. I find it most entertaining.

Wherever you go, there you are.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 06:04 PM       
Dialetics isn't a word, it's dialectics. Also, it's existence, not existance. Geez, I will never adjust to people who spell existence wrong. Ireegardless, I'm a jackass.

swimini is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 07:13 PM        I have to jump on this
this supposed theory is such drivel that it hardly merits a post, but I must say I was impressed to see people quoting form the Bible, you should know a source before you denounce it. Anyway i was wondering if anyone could point out where it describes in the Bible the fall of Satan. See in my Bible it starts with whole 'in the beginnnig thing' and Satan had already fallen by then. I think perhaps you are being inflluenced by later works such as Dante's Divine Comedy (1318) Milton's heroic 'Paradise Lost' (1667) which is largely responsible for the image of Lucifer/Satan as rebel angel we find so attractive today. Incidently I adore Paradise Lost and would reccomend anyone with an interest in the 'dark side' to read it, well at least books one and two anyway.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 11:15 PM       
There'svarious sources depending on what pointof view you'd like to take, I guess. Most of what i said was from gnostic sources, but from a more traditional point of view some people think the Angel's who were cast out of heaven and bred with human women to make nephilim in the book of enoch is the fall of lucifer. I think even within the church and educated folk there's a few different opinions on what exactly constitutes the fall of lucifer... don't forget, though, there's plenty of other books that aren't in the traditional bible. Like the Nag hammadhi writings, the writings of valentius, the dead sea scrolls, the pseudepigrapha and the apocyphra... a few of those were around even before jesus, and most of the others no more than 500 years after...

Nom is probably a spambot
Old Jul 8th, 2005, 12:27 PM       
it's Valentinus, and apocrypha, respectively

swimini is probably a spambot
Old Jul 8th, 2005, 12:38 PM       
kahl I wasnt taking issue with you here, the works you site are all very relevant, my problem is with the original thread starter who so briefly the describes the Bible as being split into just 'two' books. I am all for experimental thinking but if you are going to propose such notions you ought to have some knowledge of what you dealing with. Incidently kahl, how do you know so much about early christian writings? is this something you have studied or the mighty of power of google?
BANNED

Old Jul 8th, 2005, 01:12 PM       
No, it's something i study(more or less), with other things. When i found sources for it, though, I used yahoo-- but that's only because most of my books are in ebook or real book form which wouldn't help anybody online.
Ididn't think you were having aproblem with me, I was just answering for the hell of it... i really don't think there's anywhere in the bible where they talk about lucifer falling. I know at one point Jesus mentions he "Saw him fall", but who knows what that means... i don't really read the bible, incidently. Most writings like that are kind of boring. I've been reading various copies of the tibetan book of the dead, and all the prayers and bullshit just make me want to burn the books. So irritating. I'll have to type one of the more annoying ones up soon...
Mocker

Old Jul 8th, 2005, 05:06 PM       
Second-hand sourcing!

Isn't it better to develop one's own opinion from the primary source? Too much is diluted in another's interpretation.

Mocker
Old Jul 8th, 2005, 06:23 PM       
Yeah, but last time God talked to me I was REALLY high, and I don't do that anymore.
BANNED

Old Jul 8th, 2005, 06:52 PM       
I'd say that's rather impossible, kellychaos, since most bibles have been "interpreted" already. If there is a "primary source" i couldn't read it, anyhow, and I doubt there's a library that loans it out.

P.S. the things i was sourcing were the primary source, i was linking to the actual books, or at least fragments of the books.
Dr.Merlin is probably a spambot
Old Jul 10th, 2005, 09:32 AM       
The origional books reside in rome in the vatican in environmentally stable glass cases.
The origional bible actually had more prayers that would help with farming and other types of prayers that got results.
it was like a really handy spiritual boy scout handbook.
as the church re invented itself over and over again, some things were later thought of as heresy.?!
understand that the Church was to Control the People at this time, it was through the ages of corrupt kings that the bible began to change, the church began to change.
Sure I have questions, we all do.
BUT,
at the root of it all,

There is an infinite creator who loves the creation infinitely.

so, keep an open mind, study the ways of the Jedi, do what you will, and don't hurt anybody.

Don't follow Leaders, and watch your parking meters.
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Jul 10th, 2005, 12:22 PM       
That's pretty fucking stupid. Ooooh, the "Vatican", they speak Italian and have marble floors, there must be a conspiracy somewhere in there.

There is no "original" copy of the bible. The OT was passed down by oral tradition for centuries leading up to their final transcription in Alexandria in the 3rd century BCE, and towards the end of the first century CE they were revised by the Jewish people in Jerusalem (though it's an ongoing argument in Christianity whether the modern torah or the LXX has more relevance).

As far as the New Testament goes, there was no original copy since every composite work within it was written centuries before St. Athanasius began the process of labelling them as canonical. By that time they had been circulating along with various apocryphal texts for centuries, and had been written down by countless scribes who liked them for whatever personal reason.

The concept of having a united bible comprising the Old and New Testaments in their entirety didn't even invent itself until the early High Middle Ages, as prior the book-making process was so rediculously expensive that you'd have to be retarded to undertake such a project, since those wealthy enough to own that many pages of scripture had the patience and intelligence to deal with them in serial.

As far as the idea of "hidden" books of the Bible go, most Christian theologies entail some primitive notion of metaphysical consequence (though not always so cogent) that basically says that God gave us the Bible in such a way that if some part were missing from it, it would de facto not really be scripture. You could have a book written in blood whose DNA matches that of Christ, and it wouldn't be part of the bible since had it been meant to be canon then God would have revealed it to us by now. It's contrary to common sense to posit a God as existing who inspired scripture yet was foiled by some cloak and dagger bullshit.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jul 10th, 2005, 01:07 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn
Dialetics isn't a word, it's dialectics. Also, it's existence, not existance. Geez, I will never adjust to people who spell existence wrong. Ireegardless, I'm a jackass.
Irregardless isn't a word.
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Jul 10th, 2005, 01:39 PM       
we've already been there
BANNED

Old Jul 11th, 2005, 03:27 AM       
Mocker

Old Jul 11th, 2005, 05:37 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggytrix
Yeah, but last time God talked to me I was REALLY high, and I don't do that anymore.

I hope that you have an anytime minutes program.

imported_Hollycaust is probably a spambot
Old Jul 22nd, 2005, 03:45 AM       
I come back 309835 days later and see all this shit about gnostic. fuck you.

btw Im going to write a book and title it "The Holly Code". I know people will read it. I mean... why wouldnt they? I'm fucking fabulous. It will have a collection of my thoughts and my theory on Jesus being the Devil. It will be great, trust this.
Mocker
Old Jul 22nd, 2005, 11:21 AM       
you aren't gonna do shit and you know it.

fabulous like a month old carton of milk.