Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Jonathan Clement sucks
Old Nov 12th, 2005, 04:05 PM       
Well, marraige is between a man and a woman and if they're religious, they should know that. You people are always making me suffer. You LOVE to watch me squirm! Well, someday the tables will turn and YOU'LL be hte ones who are suffering!
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 12th, 2005, 04:21 PM       
how are you the one suffering in this situation?

Jonathan Clement sucks
Old Nov 12th, 2005, 04:22 PM       
I TOLD you! They make all the women supprt it! And I'll be forever sickened by my own wife! What kind of a marriage do you call THAT?
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 12th, 2005, 04:25 PM       
there will always be conservatives. you don't have to marry a liberal, you cunt. there is no way that this affects you, so stop your bitching. go marry some brainless cunt and you'll be alright.

Jonathan Clement sucks
Old Nov 12th, 2005, 04:36 PM       
They're all taken!
Rosenstern is probably a spambot
Old Nov 12th, 2005, 04:38 PM       
We so need some kind of anti-Clement emoticon. Godammit I hate this guy.
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Nov 12th, 2005, 06:08 PM       
lote of people hate you too, but clement is worse.

Jonathan Clement sucks
Old Nov 12th, 2005, 06:32 PM       
You're just jealous.
Old Nov 12th, 2005, 06:38 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
Well, someday the tables will turn and YOU'LL be hte ones who are suffering!
And what is it with you and always thinking you know the future? You do this at your own forum, too. You're always like, "Someday, all you poeple mocking me are gonna feel really sorry about your actions." You don't know what you're talking about, and never have.
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Nov 12th, 2005, 06:59 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosenstern
WAIT!!!!!! STOP THE PRESSES!!!!! The correct answer is: "What exactly would make any answer correct, Preechr?" OH YEAH!!!
[poses like the Buddy Christ]
You said Mr. Clement's opinion was stupid. You offered what you considered to be a better opinion: your own. My question to you was: Why is your way of thinking better than Jonathan's here? Are you asking me what would make you correct in correcting Mr. Clement?

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Nov 12th, 2005, 07:33 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggytrix
I'm less concerned with the tax issues than I am with denying someone the right to see the person they've devoted their whole life to in the hospital or having some poor queer's estranged parents making life support decisions, for example, when in a straight relationship it would be the spouse.

To me, that's civil rights. And denying civil rights to someone because they are physiologically attracted to their own gender is just as oppressive as denying someone civil rights because they have a different skin color.
IANAL but, every one of the "automatic" rights of straight marriage can be legally gained by gay couples willing to do the legwork. It's a pain in the ass, but possible. I'm bringing this up because it's an important point for any non-traditional couples to know so they don't get caught in one of the (in reality very rare) scenarios you are hinting at. Responsible gay couples should be encouraged to seek legal help in order to secure these rights in their state. The only remaining problem would be travelling across state borders with these rights intact, which is generally up to the state into which the couple has travelled. Generally, existing legal arrangements from one's state of residence are honored in a non-resident state even when contrary to the non-resident state's laws.

So, it is my understanding that the legal issues can be very much minimized... so much so that the actual denial of marriage-like rights to those that have obtained them legally outside of the automatic framework of straight marriage would be EXTREMELY rare. It will be such a rarity, and the legal battle that ensues because of it, that actually leads to nationalized recognition of gay marriage rights... in 2137 AD.

In my preferred alternate reality, people will someday soon wake up to the realization that the government has no business granting rights to people based on their behavior. We will all remember that our rights are born within us, not given to us by Uncle Sam, and we will go back to treating all disputes that do not involve the actual harm of another as contract disputes, settling them privately instead of involving government (for the most part.)

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Old Nov 12th, 2005, 09:14 PM       
I was not asking you anything. It was a rhetorical question, preechr. I'm not certain if you got that. Is your problem that you can't see why a cultural libertarian would have any oppinion of his own? I believe that everyone has the right to live the way they want to live. I think that's abundantly appearant in the other posts i've made here. The reason I find this view personally better than Clement's is because he refuses to let others live the way they want to live, despite the fact that their choice, in this case, has no repercussion on him whatsoever. As for me malevolently calling him out (I don't think I ever called him "stupid", but I'll go back and check), do I need to remind you what site we're on?

Jonathan Clement sucks
Old Nov 12th, 2005, 09:57 PM       
ARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!! IT DOES AFFECT ME!!!
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Nov 12th, 2005, 09:58 PM       
you are too brainwashed to be taken seriously anymore. i'll be ignoring you from now on

Jonathan Clement sucks
Old Nov 12th, 2005, 10:46 PM       
I'm not brainwashed! I'M INSANE!
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Nov 12th, 2005, 10:51 PM       
Good one!

Jonathan Clement sucks
Old Nov 12th, 2005, 10:52 PM       
It's true! Sometimes, I want to burst out with maniacal laughter.
Old Nov 12th, 2005, 11:16 PM       
Thread backups

Frizzurd is probably a spambot
Old Nov 12th, 2005, 11:29 PM       
If it is lesser than marriage then it is seggregation jackass. We tried that already it doesnt work.
He he he hahaha you know i used to think gays were sick and called them faggots, laughed when there were news stories about them bieng attacked thinking it was they deserved it like a criminal. And... guess what .. turns out i am one. Id be careful man your begenning to make me wonder.

Jonathan Clement sucks
Old Nov 12th, 2005, 11:38 PM       
That's no excuse to make a mockery of marriage and cost me the one thing I truly need!
Rating: Yes.
Spectre X is probably a spambot
Old Nov 13th, 2005, 04:28 AM       
Jon, you seem to be unable to see this thing most people call "reality". Your statements have absolutely no grounding in any reasonable logic whatsoever.

Marriage is not something between a man and a woman. It's a concept of staying together with the one you love for the rest of your life if possible. So what if that person happens to be of the same gender?

How does that destroy marriage? Will it stop you from marrying the gal you like? Will it? Will thousands of married gay couples swarm to you and physically restrain you and your spouse-to-be from saying "I do" to each other?

If they're allowed to marry, it will not do anything to anybody else's ability to marry. Men and women will still be able to get together and marry each other.

They won't force women to accept them. They'll merely request that they accept them. Hell, they'll request of everyone to accept them. Some people will, but not all of them, leaving you with ample choice to marry a nice, subservient, conservative hausfrau who shares your views on marriage. The gays will not use hellish mind-rays to brainwash all of the women in the world.

Seems to me you're being very hateful, Jon. And last time I checked, that wasn't a very Christian thing to do.
ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old Nov 13th, 2005, 08:55 AM       
i don't think jonathan is a christian at all. and he's here to cement everyone's views against christianity by playing the stereotypically extremist part.

Jonathan Clement sucks
Old Nov 13th, 2005, 06:06 PM       
You people make me sick! Tell me THIS, than! Why does it NOT being legalized affect YOU? It DOESN'T!!! And yes, it WILL make them all turn liberal!
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Nov 13th, 2005, 06:25 PM       
why
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Nov 13th, 2005, 08:03 PM       
about 1/3 or more of the posters on here are bi-curious or farther towards gay/lesbian. it affects many people, including people who are posting in this thread, oddly enough.