Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Banned

TheCoolinator is probably a spambot
Old Aug 7th, 2010, 11:00 AM        EPA Scientists & Workers Call for an End to Water Fluoridation Because of Cancer Risk
Quote:
Eleven EPA employee unions representing over 7000 environmental and public health professionals of the Civil Service have called for a moratorium on drinking water fluoridation programs across the country, and have asked EPA management to recognize fluoride as posing a serious risk of causing cancer in people. The unions acted following revelations of an apparent cover-up of evidence from Harvard School of Dental Medicine linking fluoridation with elevated risk of a fatal bone cancer in young boys.

http://www.sweetliberty.org/issues/h...ide090105.html

No really.....Sodium Fluoride is good for you.....
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Aug 7th, 2010, 12:36 PM       
So what is it, fluoride or "chemical wastes" that contain it that cause cancer? That website's discription and the one on the NTEU chapter 280 website of the issue differ. MAYBE THEY CAN'T GET THERE FACTS STRAIGHT EITHER!
Banned

Old Aug 7th, 2010, 12:59 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
So what is it, fluoride or "chemical wastes" that contain it that cause cancer?
They are one and the same.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 7th, 2010, 02:03 PM       
Sodium fluoride is good for you.

No, really.

WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 7th, 2010, 05:50 PM       
Sorry, your 'facts' have failed to convince me, what with me being alive and all after 30 something years of drinking tap water, brushing my teeth 2 times a day, and showering in the stuff daily.

Chew on those facts Coolie
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 7th, 2010, 06:33 PM       
Funny how it only effects young boys, couldn't be anything else but tap water!
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Aug 7th, 2010, 07:18 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoolinator View Post
They are one and the same.
But one of the sites referred to them as separate things.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 8th, 2010, 05:58 AM       
this time im convinced
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 8th, 2010, 07:10 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
MAYBE THEY CAN'T GET THERE FACTS STRAIGHT EITHER!
Indeed.

Quote:
Other major studies have reached the opposite conclusion, including a 1995 study by the New York State Health Department that found fluoride exposure does not increase the risk for childhood osteosarcoma.
Looking at such localized groups ALWAYS carries a risk that other environmental or social effects could be coming into play. Even Freud admitted that sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Quote:
[...] the Environmental Working Group does not oppose fluoridated toothpaste because most fluoride in toothpaste is not ingested.
Keep brushing!
You may already be there.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 8th, 2010, 07:20 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
Indeed.

Looking at such localized groups ALWAYS carries a risk that other environmental or social effects could be coming into play. Even Freud admitted that sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Keep brushing!
You forgot this one at the end, and it was a gem

Quote:
Originally Posted by article
“I think the industry realizes that the public may not make the distinction,” Wiles said. "If fluoride gets a big black eye in tap water then the public is going to wonder about this fluoride in my toothpaste.”
Hear that Coolie? You are part of something!

That something is the public

In other words, you are the sheep you claim not to be and acted exactly as projected by the experts
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 8th, 2010, 08:39 AM       
I like where this thread has gone.

Quote:
"The public are generally morons" says fluorologist Dr. Trevor Peter. "I wouldn't trust them to organise a shit in a brothel. No doubt some loony out there thinks that fluoride in your toothpaste is unhealthy. The tit."
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 8th, 2010, 10:42 AM       
SOURCE!
Banned

Old Aug 8th, 2010, 08:53 PM       
yawn*
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 8th, 2010, 09:12 PM       
We don't share his worldview, so he sticks his fingers in his ears and sings.

I was going to offer him a better alternative than Tom's of Maine for a fluoride-free toothpaste, but screw that now.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 8th, 2010, 09:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
I think you spelled "Sorry guys, I was wrong and should have listened" wrong
The "*" was for all the other missing letters.
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Aug 9th, 2010, 12:39 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
We don't share his worldview, so he sticks his fingers in his ears and sings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoolinator
"Gaps do not get filled by ignoring them"

Lethal fresco
Blasted Child is probably a spambot
Old Aug 9th, 2010, 03:48 AM       
I remember once way back when I was but a silly teenager, I was going to a disco but had run out of deoderant, so in panic I smeared toothpaste under my armpits. It really started to burn after a while, so I'm inclined to chime in with Coolie here and say that toothpaste is evil
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 9th, 2010, 03:55 AM       
Haha, that's awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLE
SOURCE!
The boundless pastures of my imagination.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 9th, 2010, 12:48 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasted Child View Post
I remember once way back when I was but a silly teenager, I was going to a disco but had run out of deoderant, so in panic I smeared toothpaste under my armpits.
Go to a doct- ... I mean an holistic medical practicioner immediately. They will probably diagnose you with Pit Cancer, and start you on a rigid therapy of rubbing pumice stones all over your upper torso and lymphatic system, which will of course include your nether regions.

Win-win, I say.

EDIT: The stones may be a bit too rough in places - maybe there's an option to use massage oil or organic whipped cream instead.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Aug 9th, 2010, 01:27 PM       
Tea tree oil dude. Its cures everything.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Aug 10th, 2010, 05:39 PM       
You see crap like this all the time, there is a National American Association of Doctors council that is fighting against obamacare, but its really a propaganda group with 2 doctors and 30 public relation officers as members. But they still get to say "LOOK WE ARE A GROUP OF DOCTORS YOU MUST LISTEN TO US."

Flouride may very well be dangerous, and these people might be doing legitimate research that will someday produce results to confirm their claims. But right now they are nothing but a authority by numbers fallacy claims PR group. As soon as you read something like "group representing 7000 people" as an argument, sirens should be going off in your head. I even did a google search to look for the ONE SINGLE PAPER they reference (since they don't provide a link to it) as proof in research, but I couldn't find it anywhere. All they provide is multiple formal letters from (I assume) important names demanding that flouride must be taken out of drinking water.

To put this all in perspective, there is a large group of people out there who are don't believe that microorganisms cause disease. They have a flotilla of doctors and healthcare professionals who are constantly fighting to 'change the system' for the good of mankind. Names as big as Bill Maher are on this boat, spending tons of money to prove it. And they have just as much evidence: fallacy ad populi and appeals to authority. Just because lots of people, and lots of important people beleive something doesn't make something more believable unless they have the proper data.

People don't like to think they are being manipulated, I understand that, and the idea that flouride was put in our water as some social experiment years ago perks up the ears of many people, without offering proper evidence.

I know, I know, TL;DR
But here's some truth: evidence may some day agree with you and everyone will go "OH SHIT THEY WERE RIGHT" and you'll feel real smart for knowing it all along. But in reality you were an idiot right up until the moment they found evidence, then you became lucky.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 10th, 2010, 07:18 PM       
some of the letters referenced studies that had been done by other people

for the most part they were studies which he has already brought up on this message board... like, the rats that got cancer injesting the same amount of fluoride as humans would
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Aug 11th, 2010, 05:33 AM       

Last edited by Esuohlim : Aug 11th, 2010 at 01:35 PM.