Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 01:15 PM       
EDIT: deleted because I like my next post better and it covers this post's talking points quite nicely

Last edited by Pentegarn : Aug 13th, 2010 at 01:54 PM.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 01:33 PM       
HOLY SHIT I totally was thinking he was an alex jones groupie. The unfounded paranoia and rediculous conspiracy theories, as well as hating everyone on the right and left just screamed Alex Jones. I LOVE watching his podcasts, one of the most buttfuck insane assholes out there. This man has no idea what the differences between science fiction and newspapers are. Oh man, it is so exciting to have one of his minions here!

Now that I know this I'm gonna relax and enjoy.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 01:53 PM       
Now, for what I call "evidence of why Coolie is at best a village man-child" posted in chronological order, and broken down by your host, Pentegarn.

To Coolie,

It is my personal hope that this is broken down in such a way that it shatters both barriers (both your reading comprehension and your delusion barriers) that your attempt at a brain has erected and shows you that you are at best, a village man-child.

Chapter 1: Coolie makes an outburst, then postures a lot
It began (in this thread at least) with Coolie spewing his nonsense, and once again posting a quote and a website, but making no real point. People goof on him, and he replies with "yawn*" which I can only assume means "you all win now" but he thinks shows him as someone who doesn't care what we think. Yet he comes back here repeatedly for more of what we think. Hmmmm, not the sort of activity conducive to someone who does not care.

SIDE NOTE 1: Anyone else notice Coolie makes wild outburst statements like "think for yourselves" and yet refuses to acknowledge that it might be possible the propaganda he regurgitates at us may well be funded by companies that make non-fluoride toothpaste?

SIDE NOTE 2: That violates the new rule about posting links by the by

Chapter 2: Not on our watch Coolie
Everyone calls him out for it, and it eventually culminates in this statement made by Willie asking yet again, that Coolie post an actual scientific study and not something special interest groups created

Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
coolinator could you quote something from a SCIENTIFIC STUDY perhaps instead of something that just states a group's opinion
Chapter 3: Coolie gives us what we DID NOT ask for
So coolie, being cornered yet again, claims he did already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoolinator View Post
Already did that in the last fluoride thread.
Now I will grant that this statement belongs with some very famous sayings, such as:

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman" -Bill Clinton

"I have never used steroids, period. The allegation about me in Mr. Canseco's book is absolutely false."- Rapheal Palmero

"I am not a crook" - Richard Nixon

Buck up Coolie! You are rubbing elbows with some famous people. So you have that going for you, which is nice.

However, that all being said, it was still a lie, hence why I said as much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
No, you did not
You again reiterated the lie by saying you did

Chapter 4: Reading compre-what?

As quoted above, Willie asked for scientific evidence instead of a special interest groups opinion.

Everyone ready for this?

It's pretty comedic what comes next.

Are you sure?

Coolie posts this:

Quote:
Now, let's look at this link. It clearly states "activists take on fluoridated water". Not scientists, activists. Coolie typed it himself that it was activists. He even quotes a letter from Travis Crank, an activist....

From dictionary.com

Quote:
activist
–noun
an especially active, vigorous advocate of a cause, esp. a political cause.
and

Quote:
scientist
–noun
an expert in science, esp. one of the physical or natural sciences.
Now I am not one of them there fancy word-ologists. But it seems to me those are in fact two different things.

Thanks for playing Coolie, but you are in fact, an idiot.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 01:57 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin
Sources are meant to support arguments, not make them for you.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 02:13 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supafly345 View Post
HOLY SHIT I totally was thinking he was an alex jones groupie. The unfounded paranoia and rediculous conspiracy theories, as well as hating everyone on the right and left just screamed Alex Jones. I LOVE watching his podcasts, one of the most buttfuck insane assholes out there. This man has no idea what the differences between science fiction and newspapers are. Oh man, it is so exciting to have one of his minions here!

Now that I know this I'm gonna relax and enjoy.
Glad I could help with that.
You may already be there.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 02:16 PM       
My two favorite moments from Pentegarn's post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn
funded by companies that make non-fluoride toothpaste
*cough, cough* Tom's of Maine *cough, cough*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn
He even quotes a letter from Travis Crank
Now that is a name that inspires scientific rigor and confidence.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Aug 13th, 2010 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Found another priceless gem ....
Slim Goodbody
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 02:22 PM       
Oh, I just noticed that other thread and I guess I should get some thoughts out there on it.

I never read that other thread, didn't even know it existed. Looking at that single scientific study of frogs (I dunno if there was more) things look pretty condemning for the use of fluoride on their developing embryos.

This is a common practice among extremist fringe opinion groups however. The raw foods movement continually repeats a single study, a study where cats who ate raw meat gradually became more ill than cats who ate cooked meat, to make a blanket claim that cooked food is unhealthy. When cats physiology is simply too different from ours for something like that to matter. They require taurine as an essential organic acid to survive, which is removed from meat when it is cooked. Humans have no such need, making the study worthless.

The physiology of an amphibian is radically different from a human's, and especially their developmental process. I am not trying to dismiss the whole study, but without knowing more it seems sketchy, especially if it came from an anti-fluoride source.

I haven't read all these threads so I don't know if this has been brought up yet but we all do know that a complete lack of it can cause osteoporosis along with brittle teeth and nails right? Do you guys rally against iodine as well? Similar to fluoride you can't have more than trace amounts of it in your body or else it could be harmful, but without these trace amounts you will develop goiters and cretinism. And its found in table salt! IT CAN KILL US.

I am mostly posting this for myself since none of it will be news to many, and ignored by the rest. But the human body is complicated, thinking there is just black and white poison and not poison elements in nature is childish and kinda stupid. Us adults know that too much of anything is dangerous, and that for some things in this world too much is a very tiny amount.
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 02:41 PM       
Quote:
I haven't read all these threads so I don't know if this has been brought up yet but we all do know that a complete lack of it can cause osteoporosis along with brittle teeth and nails right?
He doesn't believe that is true and will post links to articles written by anti-fluoride people about some study that had something to do with fluoride but they don't bother actually looking at it to prove you wrong.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 02:57 PM       
Quote:
I haven't read all these threads so I don't know if this has been brought up yet but we all do know that a complete lack of it can cause osteoporosis along with brittle teeth and nails right? Do you guys rally against iodine as well? Similar to fluoride you can't have more than trace amounts of it in your body or else it could be harmful, but without these trace amounts you will develop goiters and cretinism. And its found in table salt! IT CAN KILL US.
In addition to fluorine and iodine (nonmetals), selenium, zinc, chromium, potassium, magnesium and manganese are all essential metals that are required for a healthy functioning human body. Yet all these metals if ingested in excess can have deleterious effects on the body's well-being.

I'm pretty sure Coolie can read; he just chooses to ignore our - and the medical community's - opinions on this, preferring instead the opinions of such scientific luminaries like Travis Crank, or Alex Jones.

Or .... maybe he suffers from iodine deficiency. That would explain the cretinism.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 03:09 PM       
I just thought I would throw this out there because I know we have some fans of reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDC
Widespread use of fluoride has been a major factor in the decline in the prevalence and severity of dental caries (i.e., tooth decay) in the United States and other economically developed countries. When used appropriately, fluoride is both safe and effective in preventing and controlling dental caries. All U.S. residents are likely exposed to some degree to fluoride, which is available from multiple sources. Both health-care professionals and the public have sought guidance on selecting the best way to provide and receive fluoride...

Because frequent exposure to small amounts of fluoride each day will best reduce the risk for dental caries in all age groups, the work group recommends that all persons drink water with an optimal fluoride concentration and brush their teeth twice daily with fluoride toothpaste. For persons at high risk for dental caries, additional fluoride measures might be needed. Measured use of fluoride modalities is particularly appropriate during the time of anterior tooth enamel development (i.e., age <6 years).

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5014a1.htm
Quote:
Originally Posted by National Cancer Institute
The possible relationship between fluoridated water and cancer has been debated at length. The debate resurfaced in 1990 when a study by the National Toxicology Program, part of the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, showed an increased number of osteosarcomas (bone tumors) in male rats given water high in fluoride for 2 years. However, other studies in humans and in animals have not shown an association between fluoridated water and cancer.

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/f...dated-water#r4

Oh and...

http://www.quackwatch.com/03HealthPr.../fluoride.html

after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 03:55 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by quackwatch
Half-truths are commonly used. For example, saying that fluoride is a rat poison ignores the fact that poison is a matter of dose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg
Sodium Fluoride AT THE LEVELS FOUND IN DRINKING WATER is non-toxic.
I said that over 3 months ago. I think we all did at one point or another. Proof once again that Coolie chooses to read for comprehension only that which fits his rather twisted worldview. Anything else is in one eye and out the ass.

Thanks for the link, Dim. It made me go back and reread the "Sodium Fluoride = Poison" thread. Good times.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 04:11 PM       
The explanation he likes to give for that is that if something is poisonous in any dosage, it's always poisonous. Which is bull, and every time he's said that, someone has pointed out as much, but that's as far as it goes.

BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 09:57 PM       
Or goes out in the sun because fuckin sun poisoning holy shit

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 09:58 PM       
YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO FEEL SO STUPID WHEN FLOURIDE KILLS EVERYONE BUT COOLIE.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 10:02 PM       
Quote:
that's not a scientific study, dumbass.

i guess he was being ironic.

oh i get it he means all the abstracts and that bibliography he posted in the first link
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 10:07 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO FEEL SO STUPID WHEN FLOURIDE KILLS EVERYONE BUT COOLIE.
Only if "Flouride" is the name of the serial killer who gets us all
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 10:30 PM       
AND IT'S COOLIE.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 10:46 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
Hope he never drinks any alcohol
Damn. I forgot all about Dr. Ames.

Good one.
Lethal fresco
Blasted Child is probably a spambot
Old Aug 14th, 2010, 02:27 AM       
Kind of fascinating how much energy is spent on this issue. I don't think Sodium Flouride has been discussed this much on any internet forum ever, including forums for dentists, or even forums for scientists who research about sodium flouride and its potential dangers.
I feel this urge to type Sodium Flouride again. Sodium Flouride!
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Aug 14th, 2010, 08:01 PM       
I think we are all missing the major fact here is that COOLIE IS A PEDOPHILE. Does it not bother anyone that he is clearly here to pick up on the I-mockery youth? The same youth that we are all trying to legally corrupt with our over the top brand of cynisism Coolie is trying to HAVE SEX WITH. We all know that vulerable and sexually confused youth find things like this fascinating.

Since official I-Mockery records clearly show that Coolie has used this website to disseminate over 3 terrabytes of child porn I think we have no choice but to start a war with every other forum that comes up when one googles his tagline and or name.

Last edited by Evil Robot : Aug 14th, 2010 at 08:02 PM. Reason: I misspledd something777777777
Slim Goodbody
Old Aug 14th, 2010, 10:43 PM       
Coolie, who raped and killed a young girl in 1990.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 14th, 2010, 11:55 PM       
Stupid of me not to realize it sooner.
Lethal fresco
Blasted Child is probably a spambot
Old Aug 15th, 2010, 04:06 AM       
But is he a paedophile, or an artist?