Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Art
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 07:24 PM        Walrus ghost

This drawing was scanned on to the computer pretty badly and the size I have it saved at school won't let me upload to photobucket so this is shrunken.

Critique.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 08:07 PM       
Coming out of the box it looks more like a walrus genie. And since it is so faint I can't tell if those smudges were intentional, or you just drew this on a basket or a tiny brick wall or something.
Mocker
Old Sep 28th, 2004, 11:31 PM       
Everyone says it looks like a walrus genie, but I drew X's for eyes so I intended it to be a ghost. It's really faint in real life to because I got pissed off at my ebony pencil and just started drawing with my finger and a No.2 pencil, plus the shotty scanning didn't make it much better.

I'm working in photoshop to add color and make more comic book like. We have to make 30 peices by may so I'm trying to get at least 2 variations of this to send in.

subterfuge is probably a spambot
Old Sep 30th, 2004, 02:36 AM       
He looks lumpy, and not just walrus-lumpy, but gay-lumpy. Try giving his "tail" more flow, like imagine a big S curve that's smoother flowing than it is now. And for god sakes, put some background in to show his transparency. What are you, some kind of savage?

Also, robots don't have emotions so this one shouldn't show any surprise. That's incorrect.

You get a D.
Mocker
Old Sep 30th, 2004, 05:35 PM       
First of all I once loved a robot and she loved me back, there's nothing you can say that tells me that robots can have emotion

I really wanted the robot to be suprised because a robot is something that can interpert everything, so when It sees something inexplicable like a walrus ghost I wanted it to be shocked. Part of the meaning I was trying to attach to this peice was that not everything can be defined by numbers, physics, and words. That's why I wanted the robot to look suprised, but I have to explain it and you can't just understand it from the picture so I failed in that sense

I didn't want to put a background behind the walrus because I wanted the foreground of the figures be bold and defined as opposed to the very fuzzy background. I didn't want the walrus to be intergrated into the background, because than the dimensions of the drawing would be more confusing than they already are.

I agree the tail is bumpy and not flowing and I'm not going to say I did that on purpose. I have huge problems with consistancy in my drawings that I really need to work on. Light souce is another one thorn in my side. I just didn't know were I wanted my light coming from and how to shade it, so in the end I just kinda picke random spots and kept working it till I thought it might look good.
Captain Goodtimes is probably a spambot
Old Sep 30th, 2004, 06:20 PM       
I think it's a spot on job all you need are some walrus whiskers!