Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Mar 1st, 2004, 04:53 PM        Did US Kidnap Aristide?
I doubt it. On the other hand, we are the country of preemptive regime change now. Maybe this is just a trial run fro Venezuela.

Administration Denies Forcing Aristide Out
AP

By DEB RIECHMANN, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - The White House and military and diplomatic officials on Monday denied allegations Haitian President Jean-Bertrand Aristide was kidnapped by U.S. forces eager for him to resign and be spirited into exile.

With U.S. military forces already on the ground in the Caribbean nation and more on the way, chief presidential spokesman Scott McClellan said, "It's nonsense, and conspiracy theories do nothing to help the Haitian people move forward to a better more free, more prosperous future."

Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld estimated that between 1,500 and 2,000 U.S. troops would go to Haiti for a "relatively short period." They would participate in an interim force, which could include as many as 5,000 troops from several countries, that would stay until replaced by a U.N. peacekeeping force.

Rumsfeld and Secretary of State Colin Powell joined the White House in denying that the United States had forced out Aristide.

McClellan told reporters that Aristide left on his own free will. "We took steps to protect Mr. Aristide and his family so they would not be harmed as they departed Haiti," he said.

Rumsfeld, at a Pentagon (news - web sites) news conference, said he was involved in the diplomatic flurry preceding Aristide's departure. "The idea that someone was abducted is inconsistent with everything I saw," he said. "I don't believe that's true, that he's claiming that. I would be absolutely amazed if that were the case."

An African-American activist, Randall Robinson, said Aristide told him on the phone Monday that he had been kidnapped at gunpoint by American soldiers and ousted in a U.S. coup d'etat. Aristide said he was being held prisoner at the Renaissance Palace in Bangui, Central African Republic, Robinson said.

Rep. Charles Rangel, D-N.Y., told CNN that when he spoke with Aristide on Monday morning, the exiled Haitian leader told him that the international community had let him down — "that he was kidnapped, that he resigned under pressure, that he was taken to a Central African country."
mesobe is probably a spambot
Old Mar 1st, 2004, 05:56 PM       
yet another point for the americans. *waves a little flag*
TOP CHEF
Stabby is probably a spambot
Old Mar 1st, 2004, 06:36 PM       
I'd like to say I doubt it too, but I'm really not that sure. Hard to believe the government is telling the truth this time when they unflinchingly lied to us the last time(s).
GO AWAY DONT POST HERE

davinxtk is probably a spambot
Old Mar 1st, 2004, 07:17 PM       
Hey, this Haiti business is interesting.
A friend of mine who's on leave from the Marines right now, before he gets shipped to Hawaii, insists that there have been 19,000 US Marines in Haiti for almost a month now.
This is somewhat suspicious.
(1:02:34 AM): and i think i may have gone a little too far and let her know that i actually do hate her, on some level, just because she's female
(1:03:33 AM): and now she's being all kinds of sensitive about it
(1:03:53 AM): i hate women
mesobe is probably a spambot
Old Mar 1st, 2004, 08:08 PM       
Im sure the US gave the rebels their weapons and told them when and where to strike. Aristide probably refused to chug as much cock as Bush wanted so now he has to pay.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 09:40 AM       
Are you saying: There is no way they could have kidnapped him; that's crazy!

or: They would never...

or: They have no reason...

Personaly, I am not surprised that after all that crap about fighting to he death he just ran away. They all do.
ranxer is probably a spambot
Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 09:45 AM       
yep, aristide was democratically elected by a grassroots movement and stood against forien exploits. the cia has been there a long time working on getting rebels ready to attack. i'm really pissed at this administration. of course we've done this before so its nothing new.. getting away with murder..
some lady the other day was telling me that the bible says murder by the state is ok as long as its in the states interest! anyone else ever see anything like that in the bible?

neway.. I believe aristide when he says it was a U.S. government supported coup.. sorry, but our track record of corporate interests using military and our tax dollars to get its holdings secure is our favorite tactic now.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 09:56 AM       
Ranxer, the Bible is bullshit, man :/

Quote:
i'm really pissed at this administration
Al Gore wouldn't have toppled Aristide
Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 10:02 AM       
No, I don't think it's impossible at all. I just think it's unlikely this close to an election.

But do I think this administration night be arrogant enough to take a risk like that? Sure I do.
BombsBurstingInAir is probably a spambot
Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 01:04 PM       
CBC? Rangel? Robinson?

Any chance this is politically motivated??

Where is the evidence to back up such a claim?

Why was Aristide all smiles and laughs like MJ??
Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 02:22 PM       
The claim, spurious or not, comes from Aristide, not the CNC or Rangel.
BombsBurstingInAir is probably a spambot
Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 03:47 PM       
OK Banks...OK...