Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Jan 24th, 2004, 10:26 PM       
Ok here we go with the blood libel shit. It's idiotic to talk about all the fun things going on with every religion as proof of how great life for the Jews had been.

The Romans had forbidden Jews to study Torah before and after Jesus. Jews displayed a cultural nationalism under Gracco-Roman rule that posed a threat because while studying Torah, and the Midrash, Jews were respecting those laws above any government body. By nature of Jews being Jews the Romans found reason to oppress them. I don't think Jews practicing their religion should be classified as a "political revolt"do you?

The reason for the Judah Maccabee revolt was because of persecution. King Antiochus IV wasn't allowing Jews to worship. Jews celebrate Channuka and learn the driedel story to pay tribute. That was as far back as 167 BCE.

The Romans conquered Judah in 63 BCE and then in 35 CE Jesus was killed. Masada was in 70 CE and Jerusalem was finally seized by Jews in 132 CE, only to have the Romans destroy the second Temple and take back control in 135 CE, outlawing, enslaving and flat our murdering Jews in Jerusalem.

Jesus was raised within a Jewish community that was split between those who studied Torah known as the Essenes, who were labled fanatical Zealots and the Sadducees who collaborated with the Romans, encouraged assimilation, and rejected the addition of the Midrash as a footnote to the Torah. (this is an admitedly simplistic explanation)

By the time of Jesus death, and reign of Caligula, two years later, in 37 CE, antisemetism had become deeply ingrained in the social and political fabric of the Romans world.