Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MEATMAN is probably a spambot
Old Feb 24th, 2004, 12:48 PM        Animal rights research
I've noticed that many people out there are in various animal rights groups, maybe some people on this very site. I've decided to do some research to decide whether the animal rights movement is legitimate, or a load of bullshit. I checked out the four books in the library that looked like they held anything important. One is an animal rights and welfare reference book, one is an Opposing Viewpoints book, (where both sides are discussed in one book) one is a book on animal rights groups themselves, and the real jewel is Animal Liberation by Peter Singer, an extremely one-minded animal rights "scientist." I will include particularly good bits and "statistics" from all of the books. I will keep everyone informed on the progression of the books, if they wish. This should take most, if not all, of this week to do, so be patient. I need to get to work now.
ranxer is probably a spambot
Old Feb 24th, 2004, 02:43 PM       
i swear that when i look at my fishtank some of the fish stare at me trying to say 'you're an asshole for keeping us in this freaking tank so far from our home'
i do my best to keep them happy but they can't seem get over the fact that my species has all control over them, then again i may be reading into it, but for some reason they like my wife better and hide often when kids come up to the tank. I can't figure out how smart or stupid they are. :/

Old Feb 24th, 2004, 02:48 PM       
Considering they're willing to bite hooks, they can't be all that intelligent. Fish are known to be stupid.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Feb 24th, 2004, 06:53 PM       
I will be spending all week calculating how much jizz it would take to fill the Earth, assuming the Earth was a jizz-fillable object. At the end of the week, I will fill you in on my findings.

No pun intended.

Old Feb 25th, 2004, 11:01 AM       
Update:

The first book I've read, The Reference Shelf: Animal Rights and Welfare, copyright 1991, editor Jeanne Williams (no author), can be broken down into the following categories: five animal rights essays, three of them ludicrous, one to the point of absurdity; four animal medical research essays, two showing accomplishments of such and two showing attempted squelching of such, all on the welfare side; one rather neutral one (imagine my surprise!) on research alternatives; one pathetic sounding plea for attention by Jane Goodall; one on the attacks on the fur industry, animal welfare; one on the chicken industry, neutral, leaning towards welfare; one about attacks and harrassment of hunters, animal welfare, but not fully; one on the history of research using animals, neutral; one on the myths of the animal rights movement, obviously welfare; one on the history of the animal rights movement, neutral, heavily leaning toward welfare; and 28 miscellaneous articles of unknown origin. If anyone wants specific of any of the above, let me know.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Feb 25th, 2004, 12:09 PM       
Update:

I have calculated the volume of the Earth. It is very big.
mesobe is probably a spambot
Old Feb 25th, 2004, 12:12 PM       
my cat is a lazy ungreatful creature. It just lays around all day and sleeps and shits in the house that I have to bust my ass everyday to keep and it eats the food that I have to rat-race to walmart and haul all the way back for it.

If that isnt convenient enough for kitty, I also scoop up all its shit and piss into a little platic bag that I am responsible for disposing of. If you as me, I think hes got it all figured out. Hes not living in captivity, hes living in luxury with a personal man-slave.