Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 02:14 AM        Shoes on or off?
I don't know why I've never though to ask this here before. Do most Americans really wear their shoes indoors? If so, why? For me and literally everyone I know, it'd be very weird to walk around inside with your shoes on--unless you're running in and out, or something.

That was very funny. Well done.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 02:21 AM       
i don't! Most of the people I know take them off once they're indoors, too
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 02:26 AM       
By indoors do you mean at home? If so,nearly everyone I know takes their shoes off at home. I do have a few friends though that really don't care if you keep them on or not; most of those have shitty carpet and simply don't care (shitty renters).

Where did you get the assumption that most Americans leave them on?
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 02:56 AM       
Yeah, I meant at home. I guess it's always just sort of been an assumption here that Americans did that. It happens all the time on TV, especially.

BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 03:00 AM       
Hell no, shoes off

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 03:02 AM       
having a jap for a g/f, the shoes come off before I set foot inside. "It's like me pouring sand in your bowl of rice."
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 03:13 AM       
It's only rude if you take your shoes off in someone else's home when you hardly know them.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 03:18 AM       
I leave them on if I'm going somewhere, I guess?
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 03:26 AM       
I take them off whenever I can. I walk around outside barefoot too, especially in Fall and Winter. I just don't like shoes.
Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 03:37 AM       
That's the wierdest question

I usually have my shoes off, if I plan on going for a run or going to the store I'll usually throw them on. I don't see a problem with wearing shoes inside unless you just stepped in fresh dog shit.

As for it being a politeness thing I can understand but I feel wierd going into someones house I don't really know and taking my shoes off. Sometimes I'll ask and if they say to take them off I'll say FUCK YOU
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 03:58 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
Yeah, I meant at home. I guess it's always just sort of been an assumption here that Americans did that. It happens all the time on TV, especially.
You also never see anyone on tv go to the bathroom either. Well there was that one time on Everybody Loves Raymond when Brad Garrett's character took a shit on Ray's coffee table so I guess you could say that you don't see bathroom breaks often but that doesn't mean Americans don't poop or pee.
aint nobody

All Hail Duke is probably a spambot
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 04:25 AM       
i leave them on until i go to sleep, as i usually end up having to do something until then
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 05:19 AM       
shoes on all the time
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 07:50 AM       
I never wear shoes when I don't have to.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 08:41 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
It happens all the time on TV, especially.
Yeah, thinking back that's really true.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 09:56 AM       
Off.
You may already be there.
The Wolf
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 11:29 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRat View Post
You also never see anyone on tv go to the bathroom either. Well there was that one time on Everybody Loves Raymond when Brad Garrett's character took a shit on Ray's coffee table so I guess you could say that you don't see bathroom breaks often but that doesn't mean Americans don't poop or pee.
But that's seeing them not do something, whereas when I was growing up, I'd always see shit like the Tim's bastard kids on Home Improvement always wearing their shoes even while laying on their beds. Needless to say, it was quite a confusing time. I googled it (and "Do Americans wear shoes indoors was like the third option that popped up after "do americans") and it seems like a lot of people claim to have foot problems, or something.

Quote:
Shoes on all the time
Really? Do you find it comfortable, or what?

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 11:59 AM       
It depends on if you have tile/hardwood floors or carpet. I think tim allens kids were always outside/inside/outside/inside though.

Flip flops are where its at.
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 12:24 PM       
i only wear shoes when i absolutely have to.
many people wear shoes alot to curb the spread of fungi and to hide their mutated feet.
i used to know a guy who wore shoes all the time, even when swimming because his big toe looked like a thumb without a toenail.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 01:09 PM       
"do you want the shoes on, or off"
"off, please"
"TOO BAD" :sealab
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 01:27 PM       
fuck shoes i never have them on in the house unless i am just getting in and haven't had a chance to remove them. i don't have those convenient shoes you can just slip off.

but basically unless i'm going somewhere all day or going to do some outdoor activity, i wear flip flops anyway.

my friend used to wear shoes all the fucking time, and it was weird. apparently his feet were baby soft.

that's bullshit. they're feet. they should be rough.
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 01:43 PM       
Pedegg and olive or coconut oil keep my feet soft and squeezable like charmin.
man feet can be rough and it's acceptable. if lady feet look like something you feed your fish it is not as acceptable.
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 01:50 PM       
acceptable smacceptable, give me a gal who's not afraid to walk around in a creek barefoot!
Egg
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 02:05 PM       

DEAD BY DAWN! DEAD BY DAWN!
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 02:12 PM       
CONTRARY TO POPULAR BELIEF WALKING AROUND BAREFOOT WILL NOT DO THAT TO YOUR FEET!!