Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

GAsux is probably a spambot
Old Apr 12th, 2004, 11:01 PM        Colin Powell
Is there any doubt that if Dubya gets re-elected that Powell is out? I really don't see him sticking around. I believe that it may take some time, perhaps years even when all the major players are no longer remotely in positions of power, but eventually Powell will become the whistle blower to blow the top off this whole 9/11-Iraq War thing.

I could be wrong but it's clear that from the beginning Powell and State were at odds with the Pentagon over the situation and I think it's significant that Powell's recent assertions that the intel he cited at the much publicized U.N. meeting was likely incorrect. He's already gone farther than anyone in the current administration. I think his loyalty to the position of the President will keep him from speaking out while he holds his current position but I would not doubt that somewhere down the line he could become the guy that spills the beans from the inside.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Apr 13th, 2004, 10:07 AM       
Yeah, I think you're right. Robert Reich wrote a piece about a week ago, which was pretty much chicken little crap, but he too predicted that Powell is done for. He anticipates either Rice or Rummy to be put in his place, and that scares me.....
Mocker
The_Rorschach is probably a spambot
Old Apr 13th, 2004, 11:10 AM       
At least it won't be Ollie North

But then. . .

Bush picked up enough Iran/Contra collaborators when he first ordered up his administration, we might actually see North up for the docket

GAsux is probably a spambot
Old Apr 13th, 2004, 12:09 PM        Interesting...
Ironic that the Administration placed the only person with significant military leadership in STATE instead of DEFENSE. I think Bush knew that Powell was a bigger dove than he wanted to deal with so he stacked the Pentagon with proven war mongers.

I dunno, I just get the impression that Powell's idea of diplomacy and foreign policy differs greatly from the Administrations. I think he was also used a bit by the Administration to do the dirty work at the U.N. Who better to plead the case for war than the pragmatic Powell. Powell's presence added a certain credibility to the "evidence" delivered to the world that could not have been garnered from Rummy.

I think Powell is a bit of an old school type who won't air his personal differences with the boss out of respect for the office. I'd be very interested to see what his post-administration writings will look like.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Apr 13th, 2004, 03:52 PM       
I bet you his book is going to be even juicier than Clarke's ... if he's not assasinated before publication.

Wherever you go, there you are.