Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 26th, 2005, 05:05 PM       
eyes and heart are "Along the nervous system".
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Apr 26th, 2005, 05:26 PM       
If you put it that way, everything except your hair is.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 27th, 2005, 05:08 PM       
Right. The central nervous system is a very encompassing thing, it includes your brain. Your central nervous system uses your brain like a computer, and your brain uses your central nervous system like a robotic chasis. All responses of your central nervous system stem from the imprints and programs inside of your brain, while every perception of your brain was imprinted by the central nervous system through pain or pleasure. Pretty simple, really.
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Apr 27th, 2005, 05:18 PM       
Yeah, but Ziggy's point was that different cultures place the soul in SPECIFIC parts of the body.
BANNED

Old Apr 27th, 2005, 05:35 PM       
My point is that it doesn't really matter where you put it because it's all the same system/place. It doesn't really matter what point of theorbital path earth takes around the sun you decide to say the earth is a part of, because it's all the same orbital path....
Sorry if that made no sense, a little dizzy from cleaning.
Besides, most cultures say it's in the same place, anyway. And if its any different they usually connect it in some way.
BANNED

Old Apr 27th, 2005, 05:37 PM       
Besides, give me one culture that says it's in the eyes. Or that it floats around the body in some auric field. In fact, give me one religion/religous text that says this that wasn't created by 14 year olds.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Apr 27th, 2005, 05:38 PM       
During a clairaromatic revelation I found my soul in my pineal gland.
BANNED

Old Apr 27th, 2005, 05:44 PM       
The soul and the ajna chakra are different..
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 27th, 2005, 05:59 PM       
nuh UH
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Apr 27th, 2005, 06:02 PM       
All depends on what factore influence each particular society where, while religion is important, it is not the only factor. How many words for snow are there supposed to be in the innuit language?

Wherever you go, there you are.
BANNED

Old Apr 27th, 2005, 07:09 PM       

FurankuS is probably a spambot
Old Apr 30th, 2005, 01:04 AM        AAAH THE MADNESS OF TRUTH YARG
You are all wrong, because I think that you are wrong and thus you are.

The universe is wholly composed of chaos. Natural Laws as we know them cannot be applied to it, since to apply or not apply them would define what is undefinable. The concept cannot be explained to those who do not arrive at it themselves since we are designed to be unable to convey what it is.

Through some sort of astral burp, some form of sentience was birthed from the gaping maw of chaos. Before the utter oblivion and simultaneous existence around it caused it to go batshit crazy and collapse in on itself, it created filters to make itself think that it WASN'T in a chaotic universe. Withouth going into much detail about my view on life (not "wtf what is the point?" life, but "hey! homeostasis!" life), since we are all derived from this one thing we all still make use of the filters. It would APPEAR to me that the filter functions thusly.

Reality, in whatever form it takes to you, is completely fabricated by what you consider the mind. Everything, EVERYTHING IN THE ENTIRE "UNIVERSE" is merely a creation of my mind. Now, I'm not going for some stupid Matrix "the power is within you" angle (although it is, sorta...). All of this happens unconsciously. You are always doing exactly what you want to be doing; since you ARE creating this, why would you be doing something you didn't want to do? For example, let's say that you are kidnapped and tied up. You probably want to escape, right? Well, in order for you to want to escape you had to be captured in the first place.

In theory, you should be able to influence the world around you quite drastically. The only problems with this are thus:

-No matter what, you are limited to what you think are the natural laws. (If you think "I can fly", then you can't. If it was possible for you to fly, you would do it and you wouldn't have to wonder what it would be like if you could.) These laws include common things like gravity, thermodynamics, and other stuff such as "Dogs cannot talk."

If I may digress as I think I should, this itself raises some interesting points. When you were four, did you understand the laws of Thermodynamics? Yes, since you obeyed them. Only once you perceived a need for concrete explanation did one appear. Your definition of the laws may not be (hell, ISN'T) the same as mine, but that doesn't matter. The filters ingrained in me make me THINK that they are, and conversely you THINK that pencil is the absence of Lou Ferigno or whatever demented crap it is.

Anyway...
-The level of detail needed to make something fit in with your universe is astronomical. Snap your fingers. Then explain to me EXACTLY how you influenced the air currents in the room, how exactly the noise reflected off of EVERYTHING that it was able to reach, and so forth. Do you understand? I don't know if you do, but I'll find out when I decide how you'll respond to yourself (IE me).

You think I'm crazy? Why, while walking home today, did I see a long line of cars at an intersection, think of a Cake song, and notice that a bank sign said it was 64 (C= 3, A= 1 thus C+A=4, The eleventh letter of the alphabet (K) minus 5 in a way that I don't bother to explain since you're not real and thus won't get it yields E, the name of the band) degrees outside? Why when I learned the meaning of the word "fortnight" did I encounter the word eight times in the following two days? Why did I find this topic on the forum after conceiving of this theory?

Coincidence, of course! Well, you WOULD think that, self, not wanting me to know the truth and all.
I'll let you all go load your rifles and put my name on your Caller ID now. IF I THINK THAT YOU CAN OooooOOOOO
Mocker
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old May 1st, 2005, 03:49 AM       
faggot
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old May 2nd, 2005, 09:53 AM       
high-five goat let's go get some beers
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old May 2nd, 2005, 10:43 AM       
I was mistaken guys, the soul is actually physically located in the genitals.
Mocker

Old May 2nd, 2005, 04:51 PM       
Verily, that certainly explains the need for urinals.

derrida is probably a spambot
Old May 5th, 2005, 11:19 AM       
there is no invisible special part of you thqat's going to live forever. you are a machine that changes states according to the asspokery of external stimuli. death is the machine coming to rest in a particular state.

you are allowing imaginary concepts to force your machine into a state of faggot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggytrix
I was mistaken guys, the soul is actually physically located in the genitals.
This is actually true
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old May 5th, 2005, 03:53 PM       
ok man
derrida is probably a spambot
Old May 5th, 2005, 04:19 PM       
longschlongsilver is probably a spambot
Old May 6th, 2005, 01:43 PM       
the entire concept of a SOUL is flawed in this example.. say thebody is reconstructed using this "matter materialisation". What if this machine constructs two of you, instead of oneflawed one? is the "soul" split? yo would be the exact same person.... same clothes, experiences, goals, personality...

anyway, when you die theres 2 things that could happen.

1) afterlife. wOOt. go on and do something cool.

2) feel nothing, and no longer have a conciousness...

oh well. i wont feel it anyway, cause i'll be GONE!

-may this happen to you.....-
Mocker

Old May 6th, 2005, 05:02 PM       
Your compelling charisma, intelligence and lucid sense of logic have captivated me. I would be very much interested in subscribing to your newsletter. Please accept the meager donation that I have enclosed in the envelope.

Dirty Girl
Matt Harty is probably a spambot
Old May 6th, 2005, 05:17 PM       
longschlongsilver how would i go about accessing your fanclub?
BANNED

Old May 10th, 2005, 04:08 PM       
"FurankuS"

That was easily the stupidest attempt at "Chaos Theory" i've ever heard in my entire fucking life. You sound more like you've watched too many matrix movies than have studied any kind of philosophy, whether metaphysical nonsense or something put out by a children's publishing company. I hate you.
You're not special. Human beings aren't special, you're just a part of the "Chaos", you aren't 'THE' Chaos. You have no control, over natural law or even what you're going to have for dinner next year. Shut up, and never speak like you're an intellectual again. I didn't even read most of your post because it seemed like such a horrible rip off of Phil Hine, except using lyrics from a lame metal band. Die.

I 'mawed' you. LOOK AT THAT POETRY.

Being able to find coincidences in your surroundings is simple neural programming. You make a filter of sorts in your brain looking for "This". It helps when you're shopping for your favorite clothes, or when you're trying to pick out something good to eat. It's just a simple process of the brain to 'notice' 'things'. It's not some kind of sign that you're Christ's ill begotten great great great great great great great great great grandson.

Being away sucks ;(
Mocker

Old May 10th, 2005, 04:49 PM       
George Berkeley said it much better over two hundred years ago with no embarassing involvement of chaos theory. Well, it didn't exist then, but still.

BANNED

Old May 10th, 2005, 04:50 PM       
Yea