Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Art
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MaskedMonk is probably a spambot
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 09:16 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rez
THOMAS KINKAID.

can't even spell his name right, i dont give a shit. that man makes art for money. fuck him.

it's great to make money from the art you do. but to paint JUST to make money? creating a bunch of dull-ASS paintings of rich people's backyard and selling it to calendars and bored people for a bahjillion dollars? the man has no talent. and i wouldnt mind it so much if he actually felt what he was doing. but he doesn't.

bastard.
Not just backyards! Also cottages! And recently, flags!

My home town contains a Thomas Kinkaid Gallery, and I went to it and made fun of it with some people and there was this dumbass redneck lady who tried to talk to us and we pretended to be fans of cottagese and then laughed at her.

Also, I was in Santa Barbara for no reason and stumbled on another one of his damn galleries, went in, and ended up skanking to the easy listening crap they were playing.

In conclusion, I hate Thomas Kinkaid.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 09:25 PM       
I got pretty sick of Boris a few years back. He used to be the number one name you'd think of when it comes to fantasy art. But somewhere down the line, he started getting away with do whatever he wanted. I remember seeing a picture by him that was some sort of futuristic robo-football player. Just this silver in the form of a person running, wearing a jersey and helmet.

I really started hating his work at that moment.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Mar 7th, 2003, 07:27 PM        Oh God...
I once had an art teacher who showed us a painting which was just a vertical yellow stripe on a red-orange background....and then proceded to talk for 45 minutes about it.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 11th, 2003, 06:55 AM       
I thought of something else.

I hate, HATE, when people take pictures, and photoshop them by adding wings, or changing colors, or adding a lens flare.

http://ew2.lysator.liu.se/loth/b/k/bkeller/fairy2.jpg

I just really consider it an insult to see someone snag a random image, throw some wings on it, and call it art.
koolaidolio is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2003, 08:10 PM       
abstract art: a big ass canvas and a tiny dot made sells for 54390870979456458 dollars!!!!!!!! what a sik sik world
http://www.pr0k.net/thechilde/

Gibs McKormik is probably a spambot
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 02:36 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rez
THOMAS KINKAID.

can't even spell his name right, i dont give a shit. that man makes art for money. fuck him.

it's great to make money from the art you do. but to paint JUST to make money? creating a bunch of dull-ASS paintings of rich people's backyard and selling it to calendars and bored people for a bahjillion dollars? the man has no talent. and i wouldnt mind it so much if he actually felt what he was doing. but he doesn't.

bastard.
Here, here. I hate this fucker to a degree that is inexpressible. If it is mass produced for the sake of mass production it no longer is art. The only solace I find in this situation is that there like trading cards for the elderly (some of those things are worth impossible amounts for a reproduction).

There is this idiot who puts up giant “sails”. They take forever to do and cost ungodly amounts. They only are up for a few days cause everybody hates them. One he put up in a canyon cutting off one side from the other. Once he covered off a small island and killed off a large amount of life there.

Also Pollack and the whole abstract expressionist idea. Performance art. Dada is crap. Most of anime is terrible and has changed the scene of american animation and comics for the worse by lowering standers and creating a need for half assed imitations. Plus plot has become more of a back round thing for flashy action.

Then there is the formulated poetry of Japan: The Haiku.
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 03:49 PM       
Someone probably already beat me to this, but I think I'll start my shock art career by painting the word "FUCK" on a 50 foot canvas, telling many artposers of it's social significance and retire in style because of my love for profanity.
kilmie polanski is probably a spambot
Old Jul 4th, 2003, 04:22 AM       
yeas...i feckin hate william burroughs...he ruined the beatnik movement if that is even possible.

...has anyone seen the movie "Beat" with Courtney Love and Ron Livingston? I only rented it for giggles... goddammit.
Pickleman's Uncle
Poxpower is probably a spambot
Old Jul 4th, 2003, 04:25 PM       
I for one study in a Modern art program, and I hate what we have to make, but I don't hate learning how to do it and doing it. I don't hate the people who do it either, I have met many nice people who though complete and utter shit was a great heap of meaninful artwork.

So, almost everything has been said already in this thread, but please remember that the people who make this kind of crap might be more normal and enjoyable people than you might think. They aren't all gay people with a French accent and a beret, and all dressed in black and always ignoring people or thinking they are the best peice of Flesh the earth has ever had a chance to see.

I like some of these people, they are my friends, it's just that small little cormer of their mind that somehow makes them appreciate crap.

Grande is probably a spambot
Old Jul 19th, 2003, 03:00 PM       
that kinda poetry thats just random words or phrases that have nothing to do with anything. you know the kind that usually require bongos in the background. that shit blows
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Jul 23rd, 2003, 03:27 PM       
Almost anything on this audio tour: http://www.tate.org.uk/modern/explore/tatesite.html

OperationScuzBucket is probably a spambot
Old Aug 13th, 2003, 01:55 PM       
I went on an art club trip to a museum in WDC once...it had a lot of interesting "art". There was one section all about this Mexican guy who made trash into sculptures...it was bull. It also featured his amazing drawings that were very very similar to the scribbles you see on kids' menus at chilis.

imported_Wicked Steve is probably a spambot
Old Aug 13th, 2003, 05:57 PM       
Those hideous web sites with an endless maze of useless links to pages featuring geometric patterns, jumbles of ASCII characters, etc. of varying levels of glaring irritance. I've seen about five different ones now.

I agree with the Emo comment, too.

And ambient music. I once went to a concert where the opening act was like listening to the intro to "Jet Airliner" for a full 45 minutes. A guitarist with an e-bow, playing what seemed like random notes, a guy playing sound effects on a keyboard, and a guy with an assortment of things he banged on or blew into to make noises...and that was it. I was waiting for them to break into a real song, but they never did. They didn't pause, they didn't make any abrupt changes, they never approached a regular beat or a melody...they just went on for the better part of an hour. Thankfully, I woke up in time to join in the confused, polite applause at the end.

I just don't get it.

Shmatt is probably a spambot
Old Sep 4th, 2003, 05:32 AM       
I'm gonna go with 'installation art'.
Pure unadulterated violence against creativity or some trustfunded birth control mishap's pathetic attempt at being clever, whatever the case may be, this shits gone way too far.
For those of you in the dark I'll break it down fur yahs.
Installation art is any 'found' anything arranged in any way usually with a hot glue gun or rubber cement involved. Oh yeah!, don't forget your plaque to commemorate the occasion.

1 Art gallery

3 Rooms

2500 Pairs of shoes

1 stupid plaque

I think you can tell where I'm gonig with this, first you fill the damn gallery till it's about knee deep with shoes, then you hang a fucking sign in the window that says 'ART SHOW 10$', collect government grants till your 38 years old, conveniantly change your major 18 times, get mugged by me in the dark ally behind your $3000 a month flat because chances are I'm screwing your wife.

One can dream.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Sep 4th, 2003, 09:22 PM       
Gibs was on the ball with anime. It isn't art. It is simple drawings that are waaay too common now and removes any possibility of originality to emerge.
Hey kids! Anyone can be a respected artist! Just ignore all real anatomy dimensions and make sure all curves that aren't insanely wide are converted into points and add odd and disturbing colors!
Then draw millions of these that look identical with very little difference besides adding the occasional pair of cat ears, tail, or insanely large shoulder pads. You will be coveted by all people ignorant of art!
Alphonse is probably a spambot
Old Sep 4th, 2003, 10:05 PM       
A lot of people seem to hate abstract art.

That's what I do mostly.

I make pretty things with colors and shade random images.