Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MrSmiley381 is probably a spambot
Old Aug 28th, 2009, 08:37 PM        Halloween II
I walked into this movie with low expectations and was still disappointed. No real creativity in kills, no suspense, just a lot of Rob Zombie artistic imagery of wannabe scary nonsense.

Did anyone else feel this way? It's stuff like this that makes me worried about remakes of horror movies.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Aug 28th, 2009, 08:49 PM       
I loves me some Malcolm McDowell and I'm still not going to see this movie.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 12:04 AM       
After seeing the first movie (which I hated as you probably gathered from my long-winded rant in the blog) and seeing the trailer with Michael Myers walking up towards Rob Zombie's wife on a white horse in some sad excuse for an artsy shot, I refuse to go see this movie.

And I agree about Malcolm McDowell... he's just not enough to redeem it.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 07:11 AM       
Ugh. That's pretty much all I can say about this.

Although, the original Halloween 2 is pretty awesome.

That was very funny. Well done.
Unfunny Python Reference
Ex Leper is probably a real personEx Leper is probably a real person
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 01:15 PM       
I'll go, but only to see what "Weird AL" is doing there.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 02:28 PM       
Whatever, I'll go see cause I can watch Rob's Halloween and not compare it to the original. Better than watching G.I. Joe or whatever else is out there.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 04:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Whatever, I'll go see cause I can watch Rob's Halloween and not compare it to the original. Better than watching G.I. Joe or whatever else is out there.
That's not even it man...

It's just a bad horror movie, comparing to the original or not. There's no difference in the quality of that movie and say the recent "See No Evil" movie starring WWE's "Kane", and I'd venture to guess it's right on par with the new G.I. Joe flick. If people stop going to the theaters and supporting crap like this, Hollywood will have to do something else other than rehash shit.

Furthermore, if you want to see a fantastic, new horror movie... wait for the criminally direct-to-dvd release of "Trick 'r Treat" that's coming out soon. A bunch of us finally got to see it at a screening with the director of the film at Comic-Con and it was pretty much everything I had hoped for.

In closing: Fuck the new Halloween II flick.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 04:44 PM       
Heh, you can't stop Hollywood from making bad movies. Not when people like the bad movies that you don't like. Personally I enjoyed Rob's Halloween, but terrorist like you would take my freedom to watch these movies!

BTW Kane is in a movie :O
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 05:03 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Better than watching G.I. Joe or whatever else is out there.
WRONG. Go see district 9 or inglorious basterds
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 05:08 PM       
Oh yeah, I definitely need to see both of those. Inglorious Bastards most of all.
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Aug 31st, 2009, 08:59 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery View Post
In closing: Fuck the new Halloween II flick.
BRAVO! I second that notion.
the axe and the smasher
robo_rob is probably a spambot
Old Sep 1st, 2009, 03:05 PM       
I'm going to go see it this weekend (had to skip catching it last weekend), and my expectations are already low. While I didn't hate the 2007 Halloween, it certainly wasn't well liked by me either. I'm something of a Halloween fan, and after the last 2 movies (prior to the new H2) I've found myself really appreciating the first three more than I ever did.

I even like Rob Zombie, but somebody tell him that a movie is more than take some acid, flash some skanks and a monster on screen, and say mother fucker for 2 hours straight.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Sep 1st, 2009, 03:15 PM       
I didn't like The New Pink Panther movies either, but somehow I got over it.
Forum Virgin
rabid-penguin is probably a spambot
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 06:39 PM       
Three things I absolutely HATED about this movie.

1:He took his mask off, and looked like a homeless guy. I don't like when I know what the killers face looks like, if they wear a mask.

2: He may as well have spoke. Mike is supposed to be silent, but in this movie he screams and I BELIEVE I heard him saying curses under his breath while he stabbed the bajeezus out of a lady.

3: NO ORIGINAL KILLS. Like the other movies, he doesn't go out of his way to make traps or use a variety of weapons, in this one he just KNIFE-SPAMMED until he was satisfied. I like horror movies with gruesome, interesting kills. Not some guy beating a dead horse.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 07:44 PM       
I remember being pissed off at the Friday the 13th (part 2? 3?) when Jason basically gets his ass kicked all the time and can be heard saying "oof" when someone hits him.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Sep 5th, 2009, 12:26 PM       
Probably part 3. He gets his ass handed to him numerous times in that one. That's kinda just evolution of the character though. By Manhattan, he's essentially teleporting around, has super-strength, and is unstoppable.

That was very funny. Well done.
Space Viking Repo Man
Zbu Manowar is probably a spambot
Old Sep 5th, 2009, 09:01 PM       
I never got past Rob Zombie's origins for the new Mike Myers. Part of the scariness was that he was just a normal kid who went berserk. The typical kid, who had never done anything weird until he suddenly dons a mask and stabs his sister to death, and then goes quiet for a few years until he goes apeshit again, and freaks out his psychologist to the point where that man is nearly driven insane.

But in the Zombieverse, it's just another case of Walmartitis. The only shocking thing about Mike turning killer is that he doesn't torture animals already. It's just a matter of time because the kid is stuck in a twisted, idealized version of the '70s that Zombie probably got from repeated viewings of Dazed & Confused. Then Zombie feels the need to explore the kid's psychosis through some of the most boring sequences ever. No mystery, no suspense, nothing new.

So I won't bother with Halloween II. I would want to, but Zombie simply doesn't know what makes the original work and how it could never be made in today's cinema with an unnatural focus on the minutia of procedure. The Shape's mystery is what really makes him an enduring character, and Zombie just wants to put him under a microscope and it destroys it completely.
the axe and the smasher
robo_rob is probably a spambot
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 03:15 AM       
I watched it the other day. I did like it better than the last Zombie Halloween movie, but however still wasn't totally happy with it.