FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Dec 11th, 2012, 01:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaarg
NEW! Pancake-scented laundry detergent!
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 09:23 AM       
I am going to do a cartoon-themed croquembouche for my kid's birthday party, God help me.
Superior Electric Sheep
replicant is probably a spambot
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 03:33 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
I am going to do a cartoon-themed croquembouche for my kid's birthday party, God help me.
Croquembouche just sounds scary in it's self.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 04:35 PM       
Last time I made one I got second-degree burns when a blob of molten sugar landed on my hand. Peeled it off skin and all. Sounds like a good time to me!
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 09:45 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
Last time I made one I got second-degree burns when a blob of molten sugar landed on my hand. Peeled it off skin and all.

Anyway, are you going to try a specific cartoon?
teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 11:42 PM       
My kid likes Pingu, so Pingu it is. I lucked out, claymation is crazy-easy to do in fondant.

The bad thing about being burned with sugar is that it's sticky. You can't get it peeled off before it starts cooking you, and it's cooking you all the time you're trying frantically to get it off you.

The prettiest croquembouches are dunked in the sugar- sort of a caramel-y, toffee-y kind of thing, stuck together with it, and then sort of wrapped in a cocoon of spun sugar. I'm not going that route. I'm using chocolate this time.
teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 11:07 AM       
Recipe for the best fucking chocolate glaze ever....

Melt one entire stick of unsalted butter in a saucepan. Don't boil it or get it to the point where it's turning brown...you want to be there right as that last tiny sliver liquefies.

Add in 2 heaping tablespoons of cocoa powder and 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract, and stir that shit till it's ultra-smooth.

Start adding in powdered sugar, a little at a time, stirring well after each addition. You might use as much as half pound, depending on the purity of the butter and how much it soaks up. Keep adding and stirring. It will start to look like a complete mess...thick, oily paste. When it's so thick it's starting to pull away from the sides of the pan and most of the oily stuff is absorbed, start adding milk a tiny bit at a time. At first the milk will just slosh around the paste, but after a couple of teaspoons it will start to smooth out. Keep adding and stirring until you have the consistency you're going for. I go until it's falling off the spoon in a ribbon back into the pan. Then you have to work fast- if you're covering a round cake, pour it on as you're turning the cake plate. If you're dunking pastries, keep it on low heat and keep stirring to prevent it from setting up. It will dry smooth and glossy and it tastes incredible. Good on eclairs, too.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 03:18 PM       
How can McVities taste like someone pressed them together from wet sand and yet have NO DIETARY FIBER IN THEM WHATSOEVER?

They have a grainy grass thing stamped into the top and everything. They're not digestives, they're LIES. (
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 25th, 2014, 09:59 PM       
I'm eating a delicious sirloin steak that I cooked rare in worchestire sauce with a KC Masterpiece meat rub. It is god damn fantastic.

seriously, like, no part of this is fat

and no bones

this is awesome
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Aug 30th, 2014, 12:20 PM       
PUSSY

still funny you guys

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old May 14th, 2016, 06:14 PM       
I'm eating a delicious sirloin steak that I cooked rare in worchestire sauce with a KC Masterpiece meat rub. It is god damn fantastic.

seriously, like, all parts of this is fat

and all bones

this is awesome
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old May 23rd, 2016, 10:12 AM       
Mint M&M's
You may already be there.
Beloved Cunt
Old Apr 28th, 2017, 07:24 PM       

seriously, like, no part of this is fat

and no bones

this is awesome