Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Ghost of Fraiser is probably a spambot
Old Dec 26th, 2003, 05:21 AM        Worst Moments in Games
What are some moments in game that just fucking pissed you of to no end? That maybe you wanna throw your console against the wall.

I have two moments.

Ghouls N' Ghost (Genesis)

After finally getting to the last level after dying constantly to the goddamn red devils and the Phantom Bee. I made it to the end, then out of nowhere this wizard guys shows up and tells me I have to find this soul with a great power then sends me to the fucking beginning of the game. Total Bullshit.

Sonic The Hedgehog 3 (Genesis)

Carnival Night Act 2, a wall closes behind me and there this spinning barrel, I move on it, it starts bouncing up and down, so logic tells me to jump. And i would try this so many times but i could never get it all the way goddamn down, and when i think i got it, sonic dies on me. TIME OVER. I would try this several other times, TIME OVER TIME OVER TIME FUCKING OVER. Then one time i just mash buttons, and after a few more times of that i actually got it down. I felt like a fucking god of gaming. It was years later that i found out all i had to do is pres up and down while on the barrel, no jumping needed, Total Bullshit.

Oh and that little gem, The Princess is in another castle
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Dec 26th, 2003, 05:54 AM       
One of the worst moments for me was when I played silent hill 1. I had just killed the lizard/dog/whatever boss in the school and after that, I saved my game. I continued playing and went all the way to the bookstore. When I came out of the bookstore, some fucking monkey-like monster jumped on me and killed me just like that. The worst part happened when I was going to load my most recent savepoint. I hadnt been saving the game since the fucking school. Hours of gametime down the drain. I was so pissed I threw my controller to the floor. It broke.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Dec 26th, 2003, 10:45 AM       
losing games really pisses me off, that's prolly the worst moment for me
McWorld is probably a spambot
Old Dec 26th, 2003, 12:17 PM       
The damn jet ski level from Battletoads
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Dec 26th, 2003, 12:31 PM       
A free for all in Warcraft where I had oblitterated everybody, but one guy had been hiding peasents all around the map and had managed to build up an army of Gryphon Riders while I was killing someone else, and then he killed me.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Dec 26th, 2003, 02:30 PM       
In Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic there is a level where your main charcter gets captured and you need to pick one of your other people from your party to free them. I used Mission since she has Invisiblity stealth mode. Well apparently when she went back to the ship she was still invisible so later on during a cinematic my game fezzes because I can't see her. Luckily I had an item that increased my awareness enouh for me to see her so my game wasn't ruined but I thought ti was for a few days.
Mocker
EverythingWillSuck is probably a spambot
Old Dec 26th, 2003, 02:33 PM       
Fuck that Sonic 3 barrel got me a few steams as a kid. That part must be a torture device.

The mine carts/hang glider levels of pac-Man 2 (and many other parts of the game)

I kept going crazy figuring out what the hell to do next in the Kirby Superstar Great Cave Offensive

ultra perfect cell is probably a spambot
Old Dec 26th, 2003, 03:43 PM       
I was playing this one fighting game (Not DBZ, mind you) and killed the hardest opponent in the game with one second on the clock. I won once, and lost once, as did my enemy. When he fell showing that he was dead, my second ran out. You shoulda heard me, I was cursin' like a truck driving sailor with overtime.
Space Viking Repo Man
Zbu Manowar is probably a spambot
Old Dec 26th, 2003, 03:58 PM       
Nothing beats that level in the NES Mission: Impossible game where you have to defeat that asshole who disappears in the room with the floor that keeps falling out in square chunks. You have to keep moving because the floor is falling away AND you have to defeat that guy who keeps vanishing. You can't use the guy with the gun because you can't aim and he's slow as shit, you can't use the guy with the sleep gas because he can only punch, and the guy with the boomerrangs works somewhat but THE FLOOR KEEPS FALLING AWAY. I beat it once but after that I couldn't care for the game at all.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Dec 26th, 2003, 06:12 PM       
In Dungeon 7 of Zelda: Link's Awakening, there's this one metal ball you need to use to throw against pillars to make them tumble. Well, there's one part where there's a large gap with a chest on the other side (I believe it was the chest that gave you a bomb). You are supposed to use the Hookshot on the chest to cross the gap, but I found that out later. I instead somehow threw the metal ball across the gap, and it landed between a hole and the chest. Now, since the ball was blocking the chest, the Hookshot couldn't grab onto it and pull me over. On top of that, the ball never moves from its position back to where it originally came from, so the only thing I could do was completely restart my game.

I've never been more pissed off at a game before.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Mocker
thebiggameover is probably a spambot
Old Dec 26th, 2003, 07:24 PM       
not being able to see the ending of ff9 because my disk is fucked. 40+ hours gone...
NES Boy is probably a spambot
Old Dec 26th, 2003, 10:38 PM       
Mario Party. The original. Three words. Tug. O'. War.

More slightly longer but still really small signature. Seriously, I-Mockery, why are you censoring some of your own curse words on your "Latest Article" image when you don't elsewhere?
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Dec 26th, 2003, 10:44 PM        Re: Worst Moments in Games
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfecto Suspecto
Sonic The Hedgehog 3 (Genesis)

Carnival Night Act 2, a wall closes behind me and there this spinning barrel, I move on it, it starts bouncing up and down, so logic tells me to jump. And i would try this so many times but i could never get it all the way goddamn down, and when i think i got it, sonic dies on me. TIME OVER. I would try this several other times, TIME OVER TIME OVER TIME FUCKING OVER. Then one time i just mash buttons, and after a few more times of that i actually got it down. I felt like a fucking god of gaming. It was years later that i found out all i had to do is pres up and down while on the barrel, no jumping needed, Total Bullshit.
That is #1. I hated that game for months, just dreading the point I would reach that level. Then I accidentally discovered the 'secret'. Increased gameplay time by 600% that did.
Mike P is probably a spambot
Old Dec 27th, 2003, 12:07 AM       
I had beaten the Tower of the Gods in "Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker", and since that pretty much marks the point in the game when you're halfway done, I was kind of pumped. Hadn't saved in a while, such and such. Instead of going right for the next temple, I decided to complete many a side-quest. Treasure maps, Nintendo Gallery Figurines, heart pieces and rupees... if it was a side-quest, I was on it. So I got a good deal of figurines, treasures and maps, heart pieces, and whatnot, when the goddamned power goes off. However, I hadn't saved it since before the Tower of the Gods. I was so pissed off that I just restarted the whole goddamned game so the monotony of getting all the crap back would be offset by redoing levels.

Oh, and any moment in Tetris when you misplace a piece resulting in your demise on the higher levels.
Drev is probably a spambot
Old Dec 27th, 2003, 02:35 AM       
One of the Worst moments was Yoshi's Story for N64...THE WHOLE GAME! We first get Yoshi's Island, being one of the best SNES games to play, and hearing this, and it being the same gameplay (excluding the use of Baby Mario, and that the eggs explode), I was hoping for this to surpass it....boy we were sure wrong. First off, you don't beat all the levels to fight the boss. In fact, if I remember, you had 3 choices, and when you bet one of 3, you fight the boss and go to the next world, and it goes like that until you beat the game. It was just too easy, and the only challenge in the game was to try to beat the game with eating all the melons (which was easy as well). I got it for my birthday, and it took me 3 days to get 100% on everything (mind you I had school and played about 2 hours a day), and sold it the next month.
Puddle Pirate! ARRRR!
DamnthatDavid is probably a spambot
Old Dec 27th, 2003, 06:17 AM       
Soul Calibur 2.

I was borrowing my friend's X-Box for the weekend, and I was playing it on it's hardest setting, it was one of them levels in the mission journey thing. Beat all opponents in a set time, but warning, enemy regains health quickly.
Now, with Nightmare, most of the time I can get the enemy off in 3 hits. But this was nearly impossible. I swear, I played through every charachter. About the 30th time, I was getting really angry. I started kicking, and punching the wall. Then, while using Mitsurugi (sp?), I pulled off this massive combo, wailing on Ivy, for she was the last. I got her to a inch of her death, it was awesome, I still had half my life. Then, in the middle of an attack, she blocked, grabbed, threw, and did a small combo on my sword wielding ass. No worries, I had recovered quickly. I rushed her, side stepped her attack, and was about to claim victory with a sword blow to the head when suddenly, that missed sword swing I had side stepped, glitched to another position, one with sword entering my body. Killing me. I started cusing, and then I kicked the wall. Sending my foot through and opening up a 3ft by 1ft gap.

Old Dec 27th, 2003, 06:57 AM       
WHOA! HOLY HELL! Even I don't get THAT pissed when that happens (no offense)
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Dec 27th, 2003, 07:36 AM       
You're not a hill giant with a taste for children either. Its not that bad when you put things into perspective.

Old Dec 27th, 2003, 08:10 AM       
WTF did you say?! Seriously, what the HELL are you talking about?
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Dec 27th, 2003, 08:40 AM       
Go ask your mom.

Old Dec 27th, 2003, 09:28 AM       
Can we focus back on the topic at hand? I have another bad gaming moment. In this one other non-DBZ fighting game, and in it, I was so close to winning when my enemy used a fatal move that sliced my head off, then my character got his balls stretched off. I was so pissed, I told the game to fuck itself and screw it's mom.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Dec 27th, 2003, 11:19 AM       
alright
zoom
eggyolk is probably a spambot
Old Dec 27th, 2003, 04:05 PM       
I agree, the Sonic 3 carnival shit got rather old.

Another thing is Morrowind, when you complete a shit load of quests and haven't saved in a while then you ACCIDENTLY STAB A GAURD IN THE BACK AND DIE////////

MK IV is probably a spambot
Old Dec 27th, 2003, 04:25 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebiggameover
not being able to see the ending of ff9 because my disk is fucked. 40+ hours gone...
The FF9 ending

Trann is probably a spambot
Old Dec 27th, 2003, 05:10 PM       
Megaman & Bass is PISSING THE HELL OUT OF ME.
Second King level, you fight a giant tank thing. I had that all figured out and I managed to make it to the next part of the level. No extra lives or anything, I go to the next boss (the flying platforms thing) and I died right before destroying it. I never played that game again.