Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 16th, 2010, 11:07 AM       
Now here's something you don't see everyday. A pitcher getting yanked in the seventh inning of a no-hit shutout.

Reading about it, I think that Gardenhire probably did the right thing. Still, if I were a Twin fan (WhiteRat, your thoughts?) I might want his head on a pike.
You may already be there.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 16th, 2010, 05:33 PM       
If I were a Twin fan, and I knew my manager was shielding his elbow, I would be encouraged that my manager wants our team healthy.

I would also be gripping about the bullpen giving up 2 so quickly
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 17th, 2010, 12:37 AM       
At least they didn't give up 8 runs in 2 innings, blowing a 7-run lead.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 23rd, 2010, 04:59 PM       
"Your honor, I mis-heard the question. I thought they were asking if I took any STEREOS."
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 26th, 2010, 01:52 PM       
Phils have certainly found some creative ways to lose games recently.
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2010, 09:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
Well, Geggy should feel a little better, after the Sox salvaged one game of the weekend series against the Yanks. They still suck, though.

Sox still need some more good starting pitching; is Dice-K going to get any better after coming off the DL? His first two starts were pretty pathetic.
dude it was only may. it's been an odd season for the red sox. at one point of the season, 11 players were on DL. altogether 19 players have gone on DL this season. Youk, pedroia, mike cameron and possibly jacoby ellsbury are out for the season. they were 1 game behind first place yankees in the beginning of july before avalanche of injuries came. now they're 5.5 games out. something tells me there is a conspiracy by the yankees.

new york mets
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 27th, 2010, 09:38 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geggy View Post
it's been an odd season for the red sox. at one point of the season, 11 players were on DL. altogether 19 players have gone on DL this season. Youk, pedroia, mike cameron and possibly jacoby ellsbury are out for the season. they were 1 game behind first place yankees in the beginning of july before avalanche of injuries came. now they're 5.5 games out. something tells me there is a conspiracy by the yankees.
To state the obvious, that's baseball. Players get injured, happens to all teams all the time. (Where is Steven Strasburg?) The main thing is to get the right guys at the right time to fill in for the injured players to impact the team in as positive a way as possible. The Yanks, though I despise the franchise, do it better than most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geggy View Post
new york mets
And the Mets do it worse than most. 3rd? highest payroll in Baseball and barely a .500 ball club. Minaya's head should have been on a platter about 18 months ago. (Where is El Blanco, anyway? )
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Aug 29th, 2010, 12:10 AM       
if everyone stayed healthy, red sox would easily be the championship contender.

the catch of the year. http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?co...79976&c_id=mlb
after enough bourbon ...
Old Sep 12th, 2010, 08:31 PM       
Well, it's crunch time, again, and the Phils are in the thick of a pennant race that could get real interesting later this month, as they play the Braves 6 more times, including the last series of the season. The NL West also has a bit of a logjam at the top. Could be quite the finish.

In the AL, aside from the Rays and Yanks duking it out for bragging rights, not much to talk about until the playoffs begin.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Oct 10th, 2010, 10:13 PM       
Well, doesn't this suck donkey dong.

Good luck, Tony.
Dr Tongue's 3D House
The Doctor is probably a spambot
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 06:58 AM       
How about good ole Brooks Conrad, not suprised if the Braves fans lynched him after the game.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 03:19 PM       
Shades of Billy Buckner.
Banned

Womti sucksWomti sucksWomti sucksWomti sucks
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 05:40 PM       
the socks are gonna win this year!
Dr Tongue's 3D House
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 08:25 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
Shades of Billy Buckner.
I made the same reference on his third error of the game last night. The Buckner thing still stings a bit as a Red Sox fan but after '04 not nearly as much. I know Conrad is a fill in at second but come on they have to have someone else they can throw in for the next game.
Dr Tongue's 3D House
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 08:29 PM       
Infante is playing second tonight, and they are up 1 - 0 early on. Seriously 4 errors over three games and it could have easily been 5, they called one a hit in game one they could have gone either way. Hopefully he didnt take a bridge home yesterday after the game.
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Oct 12th, 2010, 05:50 PM       
Gotta feel for the guy. His first shot at the post-season, and he more or less loses the game single-handed.

The shame about Bill Buckner is that the error is all most people remember about him. He had a hell of a career, nearly Hall-of-Fame numbers in some categories.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 12th, 2010, 06:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
I guess, being the resident Tigers fan here, it falls to me to bring this up.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/pos...all_teach.html

So what happened is Joyce screwed up the call on out 27 and called the runner safe when clearly he was out.

Joyce owned what he did, and did so in a tearful manner. Galarraga handled it with class. He accepted the apology, accepted these things happened, and moved on. Personally I think a little blame falls to him, but the majority of it belongs to Selig.

I think Selig is the real villain here because:

1) he should reverse that call, and he did not. Galarraga has every right to be pissed at Selig (and hopefully is). In this way, Selig cost Galarraga a perfect game.

2) He should never have refused to implement instant replay more fully, especially for calls like this. Selig's desire to keep the human element in the game merely inserts the human error into the game (and while I am on Selig, he's a hypocrite, he wants the human element but turns a blind eye to steroids because it was saving baseball with the HR race it created) In this way also, Selig cost Galarraga a perfect game
I heard a funny quote about this the other day. Someone (a stand up comedian unless i am mistaken) mentioned they won't invoke instant replay because it removes the human element from the game and ruin it's purity.

Then he said, yes because steroids, birth control, the morning after pill () are a pure part of the sport.
Dr Tongue's 3D House
Old Oct 13th, 2010, 06:01 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspadowsky View Post
Gotta feel for the guy. His first shot at the post-season, and he more or less loses the game single-handed.

The shame about Bill Buckner is that the error is all most people remember about him. He had a hell of a career, nearly Hall-of-Fame numbers in some categories.
Agreed he had a great career, I think he played like 20 years and it was horrible how he was vilified considering they had other chances to win the series and didn't.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Oct 22nd, 2010, 11:21 PM       
HOW BOUT THEM FUCKIN RANGERS!
after enough bourbon ...
Old Oct 23rd, 2010, 10:28 PM       
I was expecting the Yanks to take game 6 so they could be humilited by Cliff Lee in game 7.

This works too.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Oct 24th, 2010, 10:37 PM       
Too bad about the Phillies. I wanted to see them go to the World Series again. If for nothing else so I could hear Nick McIlwain bellow "THEY DID IT!"
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Oct 25th, 2010, 04:00 AM       
This very far from being current but I thought you all would get a kick out of it.

after enough bourbon ...
Old Oct 25th, 2010, 09:22 AM       
Not their year. Good thing too, Texas looks like the juggernaut, BEYATCH!

Even so, that was ball 4, God DAMN YOU!!!!