Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

ranxer is probably a spambot
Old Apr 12th, 2006, 10:10 AM        Recession or Crash, How bad will it be and when? M3
I've been thinking the U.S. economy is headed for a crash for a while but i thought it would happen over a year ago, i'm amazed it hasn't, at least a correction of the value of the dollar. With major debt and an amazing amount of foreign investment(and falling confidence), we are on some seriously thin ice. Like they say, war is good for the economy, i guess that's one way to put it off, but its very thin.. not like the days when war meant sacrafice for more than soldiers.

anyway, the latest unkown news about our economy is the end of reporting the circulation of dollars in the M3...

http://www.kitco.com/commentary/turk.htm
The End of M3 – Hiding the Truth About Inflation

Each week the Federal Reserve reports various measures of the US dollar money supply. One of these, M3, is the total quantity of dollars in circulation. Last week the Fed stopped reporting M3, explaining as follows the reason for their decision:

“M3 does not appear to convey any additional information about economic activity that is not already embodied in M2 and has not played a role in the monetary policy process for many years. Consequently, the Board judged that the costs of collecting the underlying data and publishing M3 outweigh the benefits.”

To the casual observer not familiar with the nuances of central banking, the above stated reason may seem plausible. But those with experience know that central bankers only tell you what they want you to hear. Therefore, what is the real reason the Federal Reserve stopped reporting M3?

The answer is very simple. The Federal Reserve wants to hide the truth. They want to hide the fact that they are inflating the dollar.

The Federal Reserve says that M3 is no longer needed, and that M1 and M2, which only measure part of the total quantity of dollars, are sufficient. But look at the following table which I’ve taken from the Federal Reserve’s last money stock report that included M3.

Inflation arises from creating too many dollars. Therefore, compare the growth rates of M1 and M2 to that for M3.

Regardless whether you use the 3, 6 or 12-month reporting period, by looking at just M1 or M2 growth rates, one would get the impression that the level of current dollar creation was not unusual and that as a consequence, no inflationary pressures were building within the economy. But M3 reveals the truth, and the truth is that the Fed is pumping up the money supply. The total quantity of dollar currency is soaring, which is also apparent from the following chart which shows the annual growth rates of M3 at each month end since January 1975.... http://www.kitco.com/commentary/turk.htm

many headlines are saying this is an indiction of massive inflation, could be, but secrecy doesn't lend to predictability.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Apr 12th, 2006, 10:23 AM       
Our economy not crashing is simply a symptom of all the whenning going on.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Apr 12th, 2006, 11:17 AM       
Chojin, you simply HAVE to be Jewish.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Apr 12th, 2006, 11:22 AM       
My mother's mother is Jewish. It probably got passed down.

I'm guessing it's a dominant gene. And a superior one.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Apr 12th, 2006, 12:28 PM       
Oh, HIGHLY superior. Genetically.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Apr 12th, 2006, 12:31 PM       
Jewosity is passed down maternally, so, technically, Chojin is Jewish. I think.
ranxer is probably a spambot
Old Apr 12th, 2006, 02:04 PM       
crap.. too inflamatory a headline for anyone to get to the main point...
so, no opinions on the end of M3 reporting ?
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Apr 12th, 2006, 03:52 PM       
You'll have to excuse the self-lovin' jews for their typical gloating and excessive flaunting of their superior (ass?)holiness. It should be no surprise they're not worried about the economic collapse as they've learnt from their ancestors on how to live tehir lives in most simplistic ways.

I dont think anyone fully understands of how M3 works, myself including. But I agree that everyone should take this seriously just for pre-cautiousness. I've only recently to begin take notice of some increasing signs of possible upcoming ecnomic collapse or recession such as excessive job lay offs, the bankrupty of several companies and deflations of housing sales as they've become too exspensive.

Or this could be another Y2K scare. WHo knows? Like I've said several times in the past, anything that's unimaginative is possible in George Bush's America.