Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Blackjack is probably a spambot
Old Jul 16th, 2003, 07:12 AM        "THE MATRIX IS A RIPOFF OF TRANSFORMERS THE MOVIE!"
Ahh, imdb really has some nutcases these days:

Before you take steps to slate what I'm about to say here I love the matrix films and they are amazing and it's used in a different context altogether as opposed to transformers the movie. I loved the cartoon series of Transformers when I was a kid and I spotted the movie dvd for a low price in a shop and decided to buy it just to see what I'd think of it these days. Now see where you see any similarities and if you think there are one too many for coincidence.
1) Autobots are the "good guys" who are on the real world of Earth trying to bring down the regime of the evil decepticons on the machine world of cybertron.
- Morpheus and his resistance are trying to bring down the machines who are controlling the world.
2) Unicron is a massive machine who gets it energy from transformers.
- The Machines in the matrix are powered by the energy of humans.
3) Optimus Prime leader of the autobots carries the power of "the matrix" within him but although he is a great leader he cannot control it's true power.
- Morpheus is the heroic leader of the resistance in the matrix and although he understands it he cannot control it to the extent that it can be.
4) When Optimus Prime dies he predicts that "the one" shall rise from the ranks and he will be able to unleash all the power of the matrix in their darkest hour and end the war.
- Morpheus says he will find the one who can control the matrix and end the war.
5) Hotrod rises from being an autobot to be the one, an ultimate machine which not even the violent decepticon leader Galvatron can stand against. then uses the power of the Matrix to destroy his malevolent foes.
- Neo rises and eventually even the mighty agents do not stand a chance against him as he has near absolute control of the Matrix and does he bring it down? well i don't know but that's to be continued.

If you haven't seen the transformers movie and the matrix then if you come on to say how much rubbish im talking then you don't even know where I'm comin from but flame me anyway if you want. I definitely recommend both of these films and let me know your thoughts on this.

" Remember drinking doesn't make any man think he is better,
but it has made many a man think he is better. "

Read the comments, if you really care:
http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0092106/board/nest/2003668
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Jul 16th, 2003, 12:30 PM       
Words fail me.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Jul 19th, 2003, 01:01 PM       
OMG!!1111 Its al soooooo troo. WTF?!?!?1111 The Wacther bros totaly ripped off Trnsfermers th Mobie111oneoneone

Thoz fag0tz
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Jul 23rd, 2003, 09:12 PM        youve got the touch!
i wonder is neo could manage the universal greeting?....

i lost the transformers movie dvd somewhere in my messy room, and after hours of serching i give up looking....

it will turn up SOME day...

The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Jul 23rd, 2003, 09:32 PM       
Wow...everything you say...

is for some reason...

sounding so profound...
Pickleman's Uncle
Poxpower is probably a spambot
Old Jul 24th, 2003, 12:31 AM       
I have an old TF: The Movie commercial/trailer and they say that it si "in the classic tradition of Star Wars".
So maaaaaaaaybe matrix is ACTUALLY a ripoff of Star Wars.

I mean think about it! Optimus is like Obi-Wan and he gets killed by Megatron (vader) and Hot Rod is actually Luke and Unicron is the Death Star, and Arcee is Leia and I'm guessing Ultra Magnus must be Chewie or possibly Han. Or maybe Kup is Han and Blurr is Chewie. Or Maybe Blurr is C3-PO and Wheelie is R2-D2. And the Matrix is the force or course, and Unicron is also the Emperor at the same time as the Death Star or maybe he is actually Jabba and the decepticons are te Empire....
In any case it makes perfect sense.

Matrix = Transformers Movie = Star Wars

not. but we can always pretend like we found something really releveant by comparing these movies.