Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Nov 13th, 2008, 05:35 PM        Explanation, Please
So I inadvertently infuriated a Christian by even mentioning evolution today. Well, not infuriated, she just corrected me (despite not being in the conversation in the first place)

Quote:
GUS, TO FRIEND: "-the big thing is that the debate over evolution is fueled by pride-"

RANDOM CHRISTIAN: "Revolution."

GUS: "What?"

RC: "Revolution."

GUS: "I'm talking about evolution."

RC: "Well, it's called Revolution."

GUS: ". . ."

"Are you talking about Revelation...?"

RC: "Well, it's just called Revolution."

GUS: "Okay."

Would someone please explain what the borderline psychotics have made up this time, I can't even understand what the hell kind of point she was making.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Nov 13th, 2008, 05:48 PM       
Damit, you should have asked her to explain, this thread might of been a hit!
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Nov 13th, 2008, 05:50 PM       
I didn't know the bitch, I wasn't going to ask her to explain the catchphrases Jim-Bob Urkel the local preacher has been spewing at his flock to keep them from thinking

That's why I'm asking you guys
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Nov 13th, 2008, 05:54 PM       
Well how about this. She must have been eavesdropping for a while, maybe more of the early part of the conversation could help me/us.
Ancient Mariner
Old Nov 13th, 2008, 05:56 PM       
Shit, the internet's not helping. "Evolution Revolution" is a pseudo-pro Darwin educational site, but the idiot's defensiveness and repetition of an easily memorized catchphrase (without an adequate or well-thought explanation) indicates bottom-of-the-barrel Christian ideas
Ancient Mariner
Old Nov 13th, 2008, 05:58 PM       
Well, before this we were discussing gay freaks who like to travel the world and have sex with dolphins, which was followed by my loud, obnoxious friend's tale of fisting his girlfriend (it finished with her pissing on him). I can't actually remember how the hell religious debate came up
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Nov 13th, 2008, 06:05 PM       
Lol, I searched it as well on Google and it really looks to be just a catchy title to get people to come to your seminar.
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Nov 14th, 2008, 02:37 AM       

Last edited by liquidstatik : Jun 29th, 2023 at 06:36 AM.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 14th, 2008, 10:36 AM       
You may already be there.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 14th, 2008, 09:10 PM       
i dont know how you refrained from making the christian feel stupid
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Nov 15th, 2008, 01:12 PM       
Maybe it was some weird denial thing, where she didn't even want to hear the word so she wanted it replaced with something else. Kind of like in the fourth Indiana Jones movie, where Jones tells Mutt not to call a snake a snake (so that he'll feel more comfortable touching it).
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
Ancient Mariner
Old Nov 17th, 2008, 02:19 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
i dont know how you refrained from making the christian feel stupid
Honestly, I was completely intimidated by such fervent, stalwart, and burning insistence on something that contained no logic whatsoever.

And not even crazy, faith-based sense logic, either! Literally, there was no possible rationale I could come up with to explain the thought processes involved with the words coming out of her mouth. I mean, I get why most ultrareligious zealots believe what they do, but there was no explanation, at all, by anyone's belief structure, as to why the hell she would say the word "revolution" out of the blue, or expect anyone to know what the hell she was talking about
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 17th, 2008, 03:00 PM       
I think I love you Flagg.
Ancient Mariner
Old Nov 17th, 2008, 03:16 PM       
Especially since it is the only sane answer to my confusion
Insane Writer
Old Nov 17th, 2008, 08:32 PM       
Shame you didn't ask her what it was. Maybe she was trying to make a joke.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 17th, 2008, 10:09 PM       
Nope, ZQ - those Religious Right Zealots don't know the meaning of the word "joke".

YOU WILL PAY FOR YOUR SINS - REPENT!

Just read the story about the Catholic Priest who wants all those HEATHEN Obama-voter-baby-killers to seek absolution before receiving communion at HIS church.
Insane Writer
Old Nov 17th, 2008, 10:29 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
Nope, ZQ - those Religious Right Zealots don't know the meaning of the word "joke".

YOU WILL PAY FOR YOUR SINS - REPENT!

Just read the story about the Catholic Priest who wants all those HEATHEN Obama-voter-baby-killers to seek absolution before receiving communion at HIS church.
Seriously? Where can I find that story?

And of course they can't make jokes. They can try though. They probably heard of this mysterious thing called "humor" that people set so much store by and want to take a stab at it.
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 17th, 2008, 10:52 PM       
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...e-repudia.html
after enough bourbon ...
Old Nov 17th, 2008, 11:17 PM       
Religious Right Humor:

Why did the chicken cross the road?

BECAUSE HE WAS GOING TO HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Believe me, you don't need that kind of humor ....
Egg
Old Nov 17th, 2008, 11:20 PM       
Just google "Chick Tracts"
That's all you need.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Nov 18th, 2008, 04:15 AM       
I Loooooove Jack Chick!!! The trouble is ... he's not trying to be funny. My favorite has to be "Allah Had No Son":

"I've been a Muslim all my life, but after talking with Mr. Christian for 90 seconds, I now realize the error of my ways, and wish to be baptized."

Now that's humor, baby!
Egg
Old Nov 18th, 2008, 09:18 AM       
There are so many awesome tracts that I can't can never pick just one.
Halloween, the rock band, the one with the little girl in the hospital because grandpa is a Shriner. They're all amazing.
Insane Writer
Old Nov 18th, 2008, 09:36 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnivore Is God View Post
There are so many awesome tracts that I can't can never pick just one.
Halloween, the rock band, the one with the little girl in the hospital because grandpa is a Shriner. They're all amazing.
What about the Harry Potter one, where the two girls decide to get spirit guides (which aren't even evil, yet Chick has them be synonymous with demons) to let them work magic like Harry Potter. The one girl's Uncle Bob (the holy guy) tells her (really) that "the Potter books open a doorway that will put untold millions of kids in Hell"

Or the D&D one?

Or the ones about homosexuality, where Lil' Suzy tells her friends "if someone tries to make you gay, run away from them!"

Last one that comes up is the one where he somehow theorized that the Holocaust was not the Nazis' fault (as no Christian would kill) and that it was an elaborate plot actually brought on by the Vatican.

And has anyone checked out his "sources"? The people are almost all known to be liars/unhinged. One of them, a former nurse, roomed with a delusional woman named Elaine (who claimed to have been a Satanistic High Priestess for 17 years), and appeared to have administered nearly-lethal levels of Demerol on Elaine.
Egg
Old Nov 18th, 2008, 10:02 AM       
Jack Chick is very special and has no need for your logic.
Insane Writer
Old Nov 18th, 2008, 11:45 AM       
Apparently. How else would he blame Catholicism for founding Islam and Communism?

And I remember one where a girl's sick and gets saved by her Grandmother but I don't know the one about the Shriner. What was it called?