Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
The Retro Kat is probably a spambot
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 08:47 PM        Atheism
There is no god. None.
Gas and masturbation are highly unlikely to be connected with each other. Have you tried to stop masturbating? Has the gas subsided as a result? Perhaps you could try the same experiment by increasing the times you masturbate daily. Do you notice that the gas is increasing?
Mocker
The_Rorschach is probably a spambot
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 08:53 PM       
And now we know for sure. Thank you for the post

Now please leave, and take your friend FartinMowler with you.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 09:05 PM       

Fantastic.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 09:20 PM       
i swear, this forum needs to be invitation only.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 09:21 PM       
I don't believe that Retro Kat exists.
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 09:28 PM       
How about the box that says "James, son of Joseph, brother of Jesus." that they found?

I have a lunch box that says "You suck The_Rorschach" that dates back to May 1 2003
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 09:41 PM       
This is all Boogie's fault.

cba1067950 is probably a spambot
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 11:59 PM       
what do you call me then if there is no god?

..."insult insult insult"... yea yea whatever
The Goddamned Batman
Old Apr 17th, 2003, 12:11 AM       
A waste of space, though that has little bearing on my thelogical beliefs.

..."cry cry cry"... yea yea whatever
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Apr 17th, 2003, 08:18 AM       
People like you make me want to become a Protestant.
Mocker
The Retro Kat is probably a spambot
Old Apr 17th, 2003, 06:36 PM       
Having a beleif system gives no freedom and gives you certain restraints. Although, I'll give it to the writers of the bible, they did create the greatest fiction novel of all time. http://www.eclipse.co.uk/thoughts/index.htm
Gas and masturbation are highly unlikely to be connected with each other. Have you tried to stop masturbating? Has the gas subsided as a result? Perhaps you could try the same experiment by increasing the times you masturbate daily. Do you notice that the gas is increasing?

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Apr 17th, 2003, 08:11 PM       
So, Retro, what "freedoms" does having no belief system give you, since there are no restraints with atheism.

You had me avoiding to respond to your idiotic post until you posted your latest message. Now this just proves you need to go back to doing something that you have a brain about, which for you would be not brushing your teeth.

Now, little boy, sit down, get your thumb out of your ass, and get ready to learn something about humans.

Now, having a "beleif" system, as you so put it means you have no freedom. Where is this so, sir/ma'am? Also, what about these certain restraints. I'm interested in hearing about how I have no freedom and certain restraints, since I am Roman Catholic.

I have freedom as a human being. We all have free will. Now, you say that having a belief system makes you lose freedom. Well, believing there is no higher power is a belief system. You are already restricted in your thinking because you never bring in the fact to the situation that there may be a God, whereas people of faith look at situations from that point of view every day. So your logic is flawed.

I am being real nice. I do hope you would explain your reasoning behind why there is no God. I do love these topics so much. Please enlighten me, no pun intended.
Les Waste is probably a spambot
Old Apr 17th, 2003, 10:28 PM       
I'm basically agnostic. And I think everyone is agnostic, whether they admit it or not. No one knows if there's a God or not, so everyone just is basically guessing. And everyone is guessing because there is no way to tell.

Which is why I think no one can be just Agnostic. You have to have a guess. Saying you're just agnostic is like saying "I have lungs." It should be implied. And my guess is there is no God. I tend to lean towards atheism because of my astronomy classes. That was some depressing shit.
Bobo Adobo is funnier and smarter than all of you, proven by the fact that he is currently in a high-paying and important government job where he earns a fat cash paycheck and much pussy. How did he get so famous and successful you ask? It's simple: he has never, in his entire life, watched one second of anime.
- Outerspacekid

cba1067950 is probably a spambot
Old Apr 17th, 2003, 11:44 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoclown
A waste of space, though that has little bearing on my thelogical beliefs.

..."cry cry cry"... yea yea whatever
i guess my arguement wasnt too convincing. but damn your response has showed me the light.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Apr 17th, 2003, 11:58 PM       
Some of us drink, some of us do the drugs, some of us slut it up, some of us eat candy and burger king all day, and some of us believe in god. Whatever wakes you up in the morning and gets you through the day.

It's all ok I say I say. dr suess
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 12:09 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doopa
some of us eat candy and burger king all day
Holy shit! You mean I have a category? :o

(waits for Re to tell me "yes rog, but unfortunately it's the 'slut' one.")

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 12:37 AM       
you wish! you dumb whore
The Goddamned Batman
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 01:55 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Retro Kat
Although, I'll give it to the writers of the bible, they did create the greatest fiction novel of all time. http://www.eclipse.co.uk/thoughts/index.htm
I take it you don't read much, then. Because I usually don't consider insanely long books that are BORING AS HELL, with huge gaping holes in the plot, inconsistencies and contradictions out the wazoo, multiple authors, and a painfully bland writing style to be worthwhile picks in my Book of the Month Club, let alone in the running for "the greatest fiction novel of all time".

FS is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 05:50 AM       
Retro Kat's post is SHOCKING and made me SEE THINGS IN A WHOLE NEW PERSPECTIVE.

The Unseens girrrl is probably a spambot
Old Apr 19th, 2003, 12:34 PM        ok
First of all...how believable is it that there is an omniscient omnipotent INFALLIBLE being watching/judging all of us? and you know...sum people believe that we were just created for the amusement of the gods....i learned that in mythology class

The Unseens girrrl is probably a spambot
Old Apr 19th, 2003, 12:35 PM        ok
First of all...how believable is it that there is an omniscient omnipotent INFALLIBLE being watching/judging all of us? and you know...sum people believe that we were just created for the amusement of the gods....i learned that in mythology class
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Apr 19th, 2003, 12:57 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceZeb
So, Retro, what "freedoms" does having no belief system give you, since there are no restraints with atheism.

The existentialist...thinks it very distressing that God does not exist, because all possibility of finding values in a heaven of ideas disappears along with Him; there can no longer be a priori of God, since there is no infinite and perfect consciousness to think it. Nowhere is it written that the Good exists, that we must be honest, that we must not lie; because the fact is that we are on a plane where there are only men. Dostoyevsky said, If God didn't exist, everything would be possible. That is the very starting point of existentialism. Indeed, everything is permissible if God does not exist, and as a result man is forlorn, because neither within him nor without does he find anything to cling to.

Man is condemned to be free; because once thrown into the world, he is responsible for everything he does.

Should I betray the proletariat to serve truth or betray truth in the name of the proletariat?

Man is condemned to be free; because once thrown into the world, he is responsible for everything he does.

Everything has been figured out except how to live.

- Jean Paul Sartre

Learn anything? Probalbly not ... what a waste ... of "cut & paste" :/

Wherever you go, there you are.
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Apr 19th, 2003, 01:25 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Retro Kat
Having a beleif system gives no freedom and gives you certain restraints. Although, I'll give it to the writers of the bible, they did create the greatest fiction novel of all time. http://www.eclipse.co.uk/thoughts/index.htm
While I still think Vince is an ass for automatically attacking everyone he disagrees with by telling them they're idiots in sentences that don't make any sense read forwards nor backwards, I have to say I agree to some of the non-hostile parts of his post.

Christianity does offer free will. While there are some loopholes and unclear action-reaction structures out there (Judas betrays Jesus because Jesus accuses him of being a backstabber because Jesus knows that Judas will betray him because he accuses him...), free will is very central to the faith.

In atheism, hovewer, one must look at the world from a purely scientific point of view, and every atom and every man's actions and directions must be observed as the only potential and logical physical/chemical outcome of any situation in question. One must acknowledge the universe as a closed space in which every movement and reaction is predecided, and if one could observe chaos from a distance, one could see the pattern and predict every single action from the beginning of time to the end.

This is of course debatable, but MY definition of atheism rules out free will.
xXxASPERGERSxXx
CaptainBubba is probably a spambot
Old Apr 19th, 2003, 03:03 PM       
Define the following terms:

God
Free will

Protoclown, the Bible is the greatest novel of all of human history, period. This is not an opinion. It is the best selling peice of written word in all recored history, and therefore from an objective point of view, the "greatest".

Indeed, everything is permissible if God does not exist. Statements like this are a red flag of people who think about something so much and get so lost in their own maze of thought that their final conclusions never make a drop of sense.
Vibecrewangel is probably a spambot
Old Apr 19th, 2003, 03:39 PM        LOL
I still say we are God's middle child left run amock.