Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 11:41 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by AChimp
Watch your cornhole.
My cornhole is both intact and, I daresay, virginal!

Congrats and good luck Italian.

... and Yes, Vinth. He DID show you.

Wherever you go, there you are.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 11:56 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helm
Dole is right. And he should shut up why, exactly? So that we don't get IS down and he happily goes off to serve 'the american way' all the way to Iran in his big pink bubble of denial?
I'm really doing this for two reasons: one is that I need money for college and I really don't want to pay student loans the rest of my life and the the other is that I don't feel right about supporting something that will kill our troops without taking some of the risk myself.

oh, and the fact that vince is a douche.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 12:35 PM       
Quote:
I'm really doing this for two reasons: one is that I need money for college...

This is the militarys ace up their sleeve.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 12:39 PM       
Damn them for providing people who aren't rich with a shot at a college degree. It is just so evil. They should just give the money away, not expect anything in return.

GAsux is probably a spambot
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 02:00 PM        Yup
Everyone in the military will die. They are also all homosexuals. And they get yelled at constantly and told what to do all day long. They are also not very educated, and were no doubt duped by their recruiter into joining because no one actually WANTS to be in the military. They just get tricked into it by clever recruiters and government agents who use manipulative tricks like financial incentives to lure them into certain death.

It's completely true. Ask anyone who's never been in the military. They'll tell you.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 02:04 PM       
Don't be silly. No one in the army every dies unless you are part of Misfit Squad America.

Oh wait, they already died in Iraq.

Zosimus is probably a spambot
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 02:26 PM       
Happy Birthday tomorrow Italian! and Good Luck with your choice! We all have different opinions about the good or bad of the military (especially these days) but I do hope that you will be safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceZeb
Hmmmmm... I don't know, because if not for the guys in the military the doctors, nurses and teachers would have no one to secure their freedoms? Besides, being a doctor is a passe thing as is. Everyone has a doctorate nowadays.
Really vince?! "Everyone has a doctorate these days" huh?! All I see when I look your way is an invisible submarine letter! Why not shut up like a good little boy, eat your cookie and in general, Fuck Off?
Resident Chimp
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 02:28 PM       
Vinth is just upset that he's too stupid to get a doctorate, so he tries to justify his situation in life as a conscious choice to not get one, since it is "passe" and "everyone has one anyway."

Zosimus is probably a spambot
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 02:52 PM       
Vince has a "condition" (for which I still haven't heard the name for) but with the PH.D that I hold in my hand I have diagnosed him with a condition called: "way-too-much-shit-comin-out-ma-fat-mouth" disease.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 03:31 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helm
Dole is right. And he should shut up why, exactly? So that we don't get IS down and he happily goes off to serve 'the american way' all the way to Iran in his big pink bubble of denial?
For the same reason I told Vince to shut up (which you seem to have no problem with). They, and you, made stupid comments and tried to derail the thread

The thread is about IS going into service of his country. Vince tried to make it about himself. You two want to make it about your half-assed little "we american imperialism" highschool crap.

We have plenty of threads beating the MidEast issue to death and plenty of threads dedicated to people's opinions on Vince. This one should have been about people giving their well-wishes to IS.

But, I guess your little neo-hippy agenda should be more important than a member joining something greater than himself for a common good.

BAH, went on a tangent. Again, good luck and God speed, IS.

Old Jul 1st, 2003, 07:56 PM        Just me....
I think it's funny how stigmatized people in the military are. I guess its our nature as a society to judge, but I think it's funny to see people's reaction to the military in general and the kind of people who wish to be a part of it.

You wouldn't knock a person who said they signed up to fry burgers at BK, but here you are giving someone shit about a lifestyle that a vast majority of you know virtually nothing about, sans what you've seen on tv and heard from friends.

Ironically, it stems from a lot of the very same people who like to portray themselves as the open minded humanists. It's a shame really, that people can't see past their own prejudices.

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 08:30 PM       
Blanco, I said what I wanted to say. IF you don't like it, don't read the post.

IS, you get no congrats from me for joining the reserves. If you got rid of your little "wow, I'm hating on Vince" rants, I'd respect you. Now, I could care less if you fail or achieve greatness.

Anyone else that just gives shit to the military: Go fuck off. Without people that were willing to die for our freedoms, this conversation wouldn't take place and you most surely would be dead or a sheep to whatever dictator or religious zealot decided to take over because you don't have one ounce of commitment to a greater good that is realistic in your entire fucking body.
Resident Chimp
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 08:46 PM       
Wars not make one great.
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 08:47 PM        Re: Yup
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAsux
Everyone in the military will die.
Everyone dies anyway.

Good luck, IS. I have a feeling that military life sucks...
Mocker
The_Rorschach is probably a spambot
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 09:02 PM       
I couldn't be more proud of you Italian.

I'm sure you've heard the phrase "to whom much is given much is required," and, unlike many, you understood exactly what that means. Those of us fortunate enough to have been born in America have become used to the idea of civil liberties and rights, but all too often fail to appreciate the cost which those ideals required previous to their conception. Well intentioned men, loyal to abstract ideals concerning human dignity and value, sacrificed their lives for the chance that this republic might be birthed. It has since been preserved by the blood of their children, and now you too have decided there is something about our way of life which is more valuable than yourself, and stand ready to guard against future threats.

There isn't much advice I can offer, the Navy and the Army have greater differences than just their uniforms, but I can say this: The secret to leadership is initiative. Never wait to be told anything you know needs done, and never issue an order for others to do something you would not. It was taking the initiative and exploiting oppourtunity that made men such as MacArthur and Pershing the heroes they were. You'll be ribbed, accused of brown nosing and worse early on, but don't be dismayed. Depending upon your rate, you will the Military operates in suprisingly small circles, and you will gain a reputation - Even in the Reserves. Also, always speak with your men, never at them; If you grow too familiar, your authority will be undermined, but if you condescend towards them, your authority will be resented. It's a tight line to walk, but I have no doubts you'll be fit for the task. While in boot, they will have petite positions of resposibility, everything from writing watchbills to maintaining squads will be in the hands of the recruits, so don't view authority as something yet too distant to consider.

Good luck.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 10:00 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceZeb
IS, you get no congrats from me for joining the reserves. If you got rid of your little "wow, I'm hating on Vince" rants, I'd respect you. Now, I could care less if you fail or achieve greatness.
here's the thing though, I would imagine that your respect would be roughly equivalent to an acid-based enema delivered through the broad end of a funnel by a hairy Polock named Hralgo. in other words, highly undesirable.

thanks for the kind words and support everyone and thank you for the advice, Ror. I imagine that things will be fairly easy for me until I finish school and have to go full service. Dole and Helm, despite what you may feel about the war in Iraq and the ongoing war on terror, the military and its servicemen deserve nothing less than the utmost respect. hating the military and the people who risk themselves in action is simply despicable. you are allowed your opinion, but try to direct your distaste where it is due.

Old Jul 1st, 2003, 10:03 PM        Ital....
Do you have an MOS yet? You go through boot camp, then MOS training right? I am a little unclear. You are a Reservist but you'll go active duty? Or you'll just be active Reserve?

Where are you from again?
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Jul 1st, 2003, 10:21 PM       
Check Snopes! Check Snopes!

I think he's from TEXAS, but then again I'm new...

Good Luck, IS. I guess you don't have to know the people you're signing up to potentially protect, or to hear that they appreciate it. My votes will always protect those that serve, and I feel good to know several people that would count their service as the best decision they ever made. I hope that happens for you.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 03:25 AM       
Anyone who wants to join the military- fine, its your life and you are of course entiltled to do whatever you want with it. I don't wish death or anything horrible upon them, but I still dont 'respect' people for joining the military.

And the person (who I cant remember) who equated being in the services with working at BK...there are a few fundamental differences, mainly involving guns and bombs...

I dont give a flying fuck about being dismissed as a 'neo-hippy' or liberal or whatever, to me it just seems perfectly logical to not be tearfully proud and happy about the army and everything they stand for in today's world.

But then I can see why that kind of opinion wouldnt go down well on the politics board, or 'Nazi Central' as it is also known

Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 07:19 AM       
Then, Dole, you are a moron. Without a military, you would be serving under opression.
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 08:53 AM       
Yes. I thank my lucky stars that every day the UK military is staving off the imminent take over of my country by Nazis/communists/teletubbies.

Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 09:39 AM       
Dole, if it wasnt for the UK army, you would be speaking German right now.
Resident Chimp
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 09:50 AM       
No, probably not. Hitler personally thought British civilization was really awesome and tried to form an alliance before the war, and it was only after the British told him where to go that he decided to invade them instead.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 10:28 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dole
Anyone who wants to join the military- fine, its your life and you are of course entiltled to do whatever you want with it. I don't wish death or anything horrible upon them, but I still dont 'respect' people for joining the military.
Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Wherever you go, there you are.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jul 2nd, 2003, 10:48 AM       
I respect people for having the courage of their convictions.

I sincerely hope you don't get killed or hurt, and I just as sincerely hope you don't have to kill or hurt anyone. The Vets I know through the VA have found they are just as damaged by things they had to do as by things that were done to them.

Vince. "When/if" you sign up? Does this mean your unequivical, simple as that statements that you couldn't serve were lies? How shocking.

Your statement that Eye Ties enlistment was motivated by a desire to 'shhow you' anything only serves to reinforce the already solid evidence that you have the emotional developement of a slow toddler.