Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fun haver
Max Radical is probably a spambot
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 05:05 PM        Know an uber-cool tech thing?
I've been asked to write a piece on recent cool technology or gadgets, but one more article about the Wii would cause the internet to implode. Anyone got a name or link for a shiney new coolness of any kind?

Yes, this is your dream. This is someone actually saying "No, really, please tell me all about that cool thing you saw on the internet!". Go for it.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 05:22 PM       
You could write about Web 2.0.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 5th, 2007, 05:57 PM       
Ugh. Try UMPCs, they're getting pretty popular. A few people have replaced their desktops with them.

BTW, that's just a program. It actually runs Windows Vista.
Banned
Microshock is probably a spambot
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 05:16 PM       
it seems thers no point of that...as of interesting technology...

hmmmm...

dont know..ill write it later
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 08:24 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Microshock View Post
it seems thers no point of that
Of what, UMPCs or Windows Vista?
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 08:35 PM       
I think he was talking about how you said people where replacing their desktops with UMPCs... which there is seemingly no point to as it doesn't really matter how big a desktop PC is.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 09:52 PM       
http://ubertablet.blogspot.com/

Hugo Ortega did.

I wouldn't completely throw out my desktop. I still like the keyboard and mouse and such. But if I bought a UMPC before I ever had a tower, well I might never have bought one.

I just thought it was neat that they can potentially wipe out laptops and desktops.
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 10:18 PM       
No chance. They could probably replace PDAs, because PDAs are really not that great for anything due to their rubbish screen size/shape and OS. But everyone loves huge displays for desktops and even laptops these days. Not to mention powerful CPUs which kick out way too much heat for the UMPC form factor.
Banned
Old Mar 9th, 2007, 10:56 PM       
what does umpc stand for exactly?

it just seems to me like metalmilitia was saying that theres no point of switching from your powerful desktop to some pda with a big screen.
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Mar 9th, 2007, 10:58 PM       
Ultra Mobile PC
Archduke Tips is probably a spambot
Old Mar 10th, 2007, 12:19 PM       
IEEE is the professional organization for electrical and computer engineers. They publish a magazine called "The Spectrum" that I get monthly. It is filled with all sorts of information about upcoming and new technologies.

You can look at issues of the IEEE Spectrum on their website at:
http://www.ieee.org/portal/site
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Mar 10th, 2007, 09:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
Ultra Mobile PC
And that is very much what it is, and it is BY NO MEANS a PDA.

Then again, I wouldn't expect you, (Microshock), to know or care about portability of computers as you are very much young and computers have pretty much been portable all your life, not that I'm saying it's a bad thing or anything. Things weren't always that way, though. I still have my absolutly massive Panasonic Toughbook with 32 Megs of RAM and 1 Gig of memory space. It was before the advent of the touchpad. The touchpad blew me away when it came out. In fact, any touch screen still amazes me.

Then this amazing project is released last July, codenamed "Origami". The Ultra Mobile PC. I was flabberghasted at how they can fit a Gig of RAM and 40 Gigs of hard-drive space into this tiny thing. I was further amazed when I saw a video of the Panasonic Q1 running World Of Warcraft. All of the specs seemed in alignment. That is why the UMPCs amaze me and will probably continue to amaze me. Technology moves so fast, I'd hate to be living fifty years from now when computers are just clouds of electrons floating in the air with infinite connections to one another.

You got a good head on your shoulders, kid. It'll take you far. Just don't be gay like me and think you're going to have a career writing fiction when you grow up.
Banned
Old Mar 12th, 2007, 03:56 PM       
YOU KNOW WHAT?!?!? WRITING FICTION WAS MY DREAM!

HOLY SHIT!
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Mar 13th, 2007, 11:34 AM       
Uh, how the fuck are you supposed to type with those things? Is there like a pull out keyboard I'm missing?

ILL TAKE MY LAPTOP FOR 500 (that's literally how much I paid )

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Mar 13th, 2007, 04:46 PM       
When you go to type things in, a virtual keyboard appears, depending on the model. They all look a bit different. A few actually are proportionate to regular keyboards.