Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old May 7th, 2007, 09:55 AM       
I mean I verily wish it did.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 10th, 2007, 10:12 PM       
Confirmation from the local Sam Goody: Planet Terror and Death Proof are being released separately. They're actually being released two days apart at my store on the 16th for Planet Terror and the 18th for Death Proof.

So it's good news if you're one of the folks that only liked Planet Terror.
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Sep 11th, 2007, 05:54 PM       
yeah good news for me!
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 13th, 2007, 12:16 AM       
Nevermind, Planet Terror is being released OCTOBER 16th.

The fake trailers won't be on the discs.

WHAT THE FUCK?
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Sep 13th, 2007, 03:54 PM       
Old news

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Sep 13th, 2007, 04:22 PM       
OH WELL THEN. GUESS EVERYONE KNEW BUT ME.

I feel like a total douche.
Forum Virgin
FuriKuri is probably a spambot
Old Sep 18th, 2007, 10:04 PM       
There better be a Grindhouse set eventually. I am not buying the movies by themselves.
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Sep 18th, 2007, 11:15 PM       
I'm sure they will eventually, but right now I suspect they are going for profitability as the theatrical release more or less tanked. Also, I think there was a lot of demand to split the two films up.

I for one, don't want to be within 100 yard of Death Proof ever again.

Last edited by J. Tithonus Pednaud : Sep 21st, 2007 at 09:05 AM.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 07:40 PM       
Me neither, brotha!

That was very funny. Well done.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Sep 20th, 2007, 08:26 PM       
death proof would have been much better had they chopped the entire first half hour off of it. I was ready to leave the theater about 10 minutes into Death Proof.
Keg Whore
EisigerBiskuit is probably a spambot
Old Sep 22nd, 2007, 12:06 PM       
I wanted at least one of those hollywood girls to get skidmarked. i felt sad for stuntman :[
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Sep 22nd, 2007, 12:24 PM       
The problem was that it wasn't as cheesy as Planet Terror. It was a serious movie. It wasn't Grindhouse at all. But I liked it for what it was, a kick ass car chase film. Having Kurt Russel cry towards the end was such a boneheaded move, though. I thought Stuntman Mike was supposed to be a total badass.
Keg Whore
EisigerBiskuit is probably a spambot
Old Sep 22nd, 2007, 12:58 PM       
for a moment at the end, I thought that was just a wannabee. Then, when they finally catch him, he roars from the hills. in flames!
Banned
Old Sep 24th, 2007, 01:47 AM       
uh why wouldnt he have been crying? he thought he was fucking with just some chicks that he could easily kill and they turned out to be even better stuntpeople than him and were playing his game waay better than he was

wouldnt YOU be crying if you were in this situation?
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Sep 24th, 2007, 07:54 AM       
No. I would've resolved to do better.
Banned
Old Sep 25th, 2007, 09:35 PM       
too bad they crushed his skull at the end and he probably died
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Sep 25th, 2007, 11:32 PM       
Wait 'till Death Proof 2 when Stuntman Bob comes for revenge.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Oct 2nd, 2007, 07:49 AM       
You guys just don't UNDERSTAND deathproof is all! Its exactly as old grindhouse movies were! Almost perfectly! Its really a good movie if you think about it!
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Oct 2nd, 2007, 03:30 PM       
I can't stand the black stunt woman's laugh. HAAAA-HAAAA-HAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

That was very funny. Well done.
No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old Oct 2nd, 2007, 10:35 PM       
I thought both movies were excellent. Did you notice Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright (of Shaun of the Dead fame) as zombies? I think Simon was in the phone booth.

Death Proof was good because Tarantino had a chance to make fun of himself. The believeable dialogue, the spinning-around-the-table-a-la-Reservoir-Dogs, violence juxtaposed with humor very quickly, all of his trademarks. Also, if I ever own a store, I will have a Johnny Cash picture with "Cash Only" written on it.
Space Viking Repo Man
Zbu Manowar is probably a spambot
Old Oct 14th, 2007, 02:41 PM       
Death Proof wasn't that bad, it's just that (like a lot of grindhouse flicks) it too way too long to get to the point and paid off at the end with one heck of a car chase. Plus the whole movie stank of being sliced and diced: the beginning title sequence was badly edited on and possibly the first half of the movie was new footage inserted to make the whole 'Death Proof' title accurate. If anything, the real movie itself is 'Thunder Bolt' in which Stuntman Mike terrorizes three stuntwomen in a car. The DJ girls and the bar sequence was nothing but a joke to be slapped onto the beginning of the movie ala Dr. Butcher M.D.

So in a sense, the movie works, but it wasn't well thought out. Rodriegez made his movie fun. Tarantino made a Grindhouse movie without really thinking how it would play to everybody not in on the joke. And the Weinsteins forgot that the whole movie as it ran in theaters is what everybody wanted on the DVD, and that separating them takes the joke way out of context and makes it completely pointless.

That said, if I came across either steelbook of both movies for really cheap, I'd get them. But my heart is still in a mega DVD release of this fine film that was one of the best cinematic experiences I've ever had but wasn't given enough credit.