Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 19th, 2005, 04:15 PM        Zoo Tycoon is fun but I hate it.
I bought the complete collection of Zoo Tycoon because it was $20, and I needed a new game to hold me over until Christmas. After I got all my new games and stuff, I kind of forgot about it.

I'm playing it again a little, and it's good mindless fun. Simple management, objectives, etc. You can play for a little bit for when you're in the mood for a less intense game.

But it's also HORRIBLY flawed. I'm on one of the early scenarios, where I need to get above a certain happiness level, and then get an average happiness level of 90 for all your exhibits.

Now, to increase happiness, you need to make the exhibit for the animal suitable for them. You can click on an animal, and then get zookeeper advice on what needs to be changed. Then you do it, and it makes the animal happy.

My problem is that these fucking wolves become horribly depressed. "This area is well suited for Arctic Wolf 1." If that's the case, then why did their Happiness go from 85 to ZERO in 10 seconds? I can add little touches, like change a tile of terrain or add another rock, and it shows a smiley face over their heads to indicate they're happy. But OH FUCK NOW THEY HATE EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE.

So then they're not happy, and the average happiness rating gets raped, then the vistors aren't happy, then I start losing money, and I can't even buy stuff to MAKE them happy.

Seriously, what the fuck.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Mar 19th, 2005, 04:19 PM       
Put 'em down.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 19th, 2005, 04:47 PM       
But I need them. :/
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2005, 06:35 PM