Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old May 14th, 2004, 09:29 AM       
And since the theme of this thread is not merely pertaining to Rush, but other conservatives as well, here's what Mike Savage had to say on it:

From the May 10 Savage Nation:

Savage on the Iraqi prisoner abuse photos:

I don't mean to be too comedic in the political arena, but these so called abuse photos frankly are mild by comparisons to what goes on in South of Market clubs in San Francisco.

Savage on why "we need more of the humiliation tactics, not less":

And eventually you're gonna find that we need more of the humiliation tactics, not less. ...

I don't know what its gonna take for you to finally welcome what the troops are doing, what the interrogators were doing until you finally recognize the enemy, the true face of the enemy and what its gonna take to break this death grip that they seem to have on the minds of the Democrats. ...

These people don't fear death, they fear humiliation. The only way to humiliate them is take their deepest fear, the pig, the dog, the woman with the leash, and use it on them to break them!

Savage on the consequences of prohibiting "these interrogation tactics":

What's gonna happen is terrible. What's gonna happen now is even worse that you can imagine. Because these interrogation tactics which were working, by everything I can read, are no longer permissible, you are gonna have an event in this country before the election, and you can thank your friends Levin and Kennedy for that, you can thank all the phonies on the Democrat side for that.

Savage on the utility of the abuse to facilitate intelligence-gathering:

These people live only for their honor, and so the only thing you can withhold from them is their honor. There is the answer as to why you see these graphic pictures. These are not a few individuals who made this up. That's crap. That's crap in my opinion. This came from the top. And how high up it goes I don't know but frankly I commend them for it. It's wise intelligence techniques, to break the enemy where he's vulnerable, not try to get him where he's strong. ...

That's why the women were used! It's a very intelligent method to break the enemy without resorting to thumb-screws and the much more severe methods of torture. ...

I think it's a very good policy, and the more I learn about it I think that it made good sense. Short of real torture, this worked. Use little women in particular. Little, ugly women. And let 'em take big strapping Iraqis and put 'em on leashes naked. ... Get police dogs to bark at naked Iraqis, until they crack and tell you which Ahmed or... [unintelligible mocking of Arab names]

From the May 11 Savage Nation:

Savage on who's to blame for Nick Berg's death:

Nick Berg, an American, not military, over there building transmission towers, was captured by the Untermenschen the sub-humans, who wrap themselves in a religion. He is seen saying his mother's name, his father's name, sister's name, his brother's name and then the smiling Arabs cut a living human beings head off as he screams. It's a blood-curdling scream that you'll ever hear again. You'll never get it out of your mind if you're a normal person, or you're not given to murder or you've never been around murder. Uh, it's something you'll never forget, not should you ever forget it and you can thank the Democrats, you can thank the Senate Arms Services Committee for their hysterical hearings. You can thank John Kerry, Chuck Hagel, Biden, The New York Times, the alphabet channels and The Washington Post for this atrocity because they caused it.

Savage on Senator Dayton, liberals' reaction to abuse:

There was nobody worse today than Senator Mark Dayton, Democrat of Minnesota as he calls putting panties in the head of cold blooded murderers atrocities. Listen to clip six.

DAYTON: Thank you Mr. Chairman, and I thank you Mr. Chairman for holding today's hearings and for your resolve to face these atrocities. You're an honorable man.

Shut this atrocity up. Mark Dayton is a human atrocity for saying this, but he's really just a little cog in the wheel of Liberalism. I used to say that Liberalism is a mental disorder. I don't think it's a mental disorder. Nope. I think it's far worse than that. I think this kind of Liberalism is suicidal behavior. An act of suicidal behavior.
---
Mocker
Old May 14th, 2004, 09:41 AM       
Limbaugh: gives context of Skull and Bones comment -- "was actually relating to the media"

LIMBAUGH: [A]nd I -- I'll tell you why I used Skull and Bones. You know, I was tweaking them, because Bush is Skull and Bones, and it's Yale, and they think Bush didn't qualify to get into Yale. That Bush is a phony-baloney and they hate -- normally they hate Skull and Bones. The Media hates Skull and -- except those that are members. But they hate it, because it's super-secret, and it doesn't allow them in. And so I thought I was actually relating to the media by calling this a Skull -- I thought I was helping them criticize Bush. Yeah, this is the kind of stuff Bush did in college instead of learning stuff.

But no, they missed that totally. I really was trying to relate to them. I was trying to give them a line that I thought they would appreciate the nuance of. But no, they've totally missed it, because they're reacting in shock and emotion and seeking an opportunity to inflict a little knick or two, fire some BBs at the battleship of Rush Limbaugh in an attempt to inflict a little harm here. But we're not, we're not only still floating, we're still steaming through the waters here.

So no, I've been amazed that they missed the Skull and Bones re - I couldn't -- I didn't even say college initiation, a caller said that. I said Skull and Bones. I said it specifically for a reason, because I was trying to help them take another route to Bush. They've missed it, and they're coming back at me with it. Idiots.
Mocker
Old May 14th, 2004, 12:38 PM       
From the May 11 episode of Hannity & Colmes:

(Ollie) NORTH: The official response of the United States is to catch and punish the perpetrators of this heinous act [the murder of American civilian Nick Berg]. That's what we must do.

COLMES: And there certainly has been outrage. There's been outrage in this country. There's outrage globally. You don't feel there's enough outrage about this? I've been hearing outrage all day.

NORTH: Alan -- Alan, for 13 or 14 days now, all we have seen on the front pages of America's newspapers is a group of obviously twisted young people with leashes and weird sex acts, the kind of thing that you might find on any college campus nowadays, being perpetrated by people in uniform.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old May 14th, 2004, 12:42 PM       
Vinth is so desperate to take back his status as A#1 asshole here he's talking about my two kids gtting raped. Just when you think this bottom dwelling slug has puked up all the fish shit and mud in his stomach, he bores a little lower and pukes up something even worse.

There's no end. He's talking about my two daughters getting raped. Having failed to get a reaction to mocking the holocaust he desprately reaches for my daughters. Nice.

That's the boat you want to be in Nalds? That garbage is what you are at this point closely associating yourself with. You've allied yourself with Vinth's position way more heavily than I have with Kerry of Kennedy or Clinton. You want to agree on something with Rush that even Bush won't? My thread's title predicted Rush's feelings. I chose the phrase 'no big deal' as a joke, not knowing that on May 10'th those were the exact words he used. Maybe I'm the psychic one, but predicting what really bad people will do and say isn't that hard.

You want to think that 'in context' the torture that took place is 'no big deal'. Fine. But read Vinth. He's a rush fan too. And you're almost all the way to being him. Is that what you want?
Buffalo Tom is probably a spambot
Old May 14th, 2004, 12:58 PM       
"One can measure the degree of civilization in a country
by looking at it's prison system" - Dostoyevsky

You will not save the hearts and minds of ordinary Iraqis from the monsters who killed Nicholas Berg and who mutilated the four Americans in Fallujah, by becoming a monster yourself. Follow the advice of someone whose name is often invoked by Dubya to justify his actions - turn the other cheek and love your fellow man.

Edit:

Look, Raygun. You strike me as someone with a brain and a conscience. Are you really incapable of showing compassion for the people who were abused in Abu Ghraib? This has nothing to do with political ideologies. It has everything to do with being a decent human.

Burdock says you're a stand-up guy. Don't lay yourself low and crawl into the gutter with scum like VinceZeb. I hope you're better than that.
Old May 14th, 2004, 03:47 PM       
Yeah, that was my point right there.

But remeber, Tom, Dostoyevski was a godless communist.
Old May 17th, 2004, 11:44 AM       
BUMP!
Mocker
Old May 17th, 2004, 12:10 PM       
Wasting your time on a waste of time. Why?
Old May 17th, 2004, 12:29 PM       
Who, Vinth or Nalds?

Vinth is entertainment.

Nalds? I can't say why I've never entirely depsaired of him. Flashes of humanity now and then, and I keep hoping that by pressing him on wether or not he agrees with horrid things people he supports say or making him compare himself to Vinth that he'll slip up and reveal a third dimension.