Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 30th, 2008, 03:47 PM       
I forgot to mention that I won a GTA faceplate. While waiting in line, there was a freethrow competition. I was one of two that could sink it in the hoop with a circumference of a cup, so they had to draw at random for the other four.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Apr 30th, 2008, 04:42 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotaku reviews reviewers

http://kotaku.com/384511/gta-iv-revi...in-hyperbolism

GamePro
Their Score: 5/5
Notes: Before reading this, I thought Rockstar to be but men. Now I see they are Gods.
Moment of Climax: "GTA IV isn't just a game. It's a testament to the immense talent and take-no-prisoners mentality that has made Rockstar the company that it is today."
My Score: 4/5. A 1.5 page-long love letter to Rockstar is the highlight. The fact all game faults are condensed to half a paragraph on the fifth page also contributes to a great score.

Game Informer
Their Score: 10/10
Notes: Probably the best of the lot. And by "best" I mean MOST EXCITED.
Moment of Climax: "Grand Theft Auto IV doesn't just raise the bar for the storied franchise; it completely changes the landscape of gaming. Once you play it, you won't look at video games the same way again."
My Score: 5/5. No, 6/5. It opens with "I now know how film critics felt after screening The Godfather". A perfect storm of hype, excitement and pants-wetting. Best review of the lot. No, best review ever.
I know I said I'd stay out but I felt you all needed to enjoy those reviews as much as I did.

Also, I am trying very very hard to resist getting GTA - even though I know I'll never play it - in spite of my gamer paranoia that tells me people are having a great time and that I'm not in on it.

So, I would expect for me to have it within the week.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 30th, 2008, 04:48 PM       
i'm tempted to buy it and either bring it over to my cousin's house or ask to borrow his 360
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 30th, 2008, 05:06 PM       
It's a fun game yall. I wouldn't say it's all, "HOLY SH*T THIS IS AMAZING!! BUY THIS AND QUIT YER DAY JOB!" because it looks and smells like the previous couple of GTAs.

The multiplayer is more/less just chaos, but I think that will change after more people start to play online and get a feel for the game.

I have only invested about an hour into the actual game (i've spent about 6 hours on xbox live). So I don't really have any valid opinions on it yet, but if you thought the other GTAs were alright and nothing amazing then chances are you will feel the same way about this one.

The new aiming system isn't anything revolutionary.

The Gears of War style Duck n Cover system isn't, well, Gears of War to say the least.

The police are basically the same.

The graphics aren't going to amaze you.

I mean the mechanics of the gameplay are still the same with minor upgrades in my opinion.

With all this said, I <3 this game and the GTA series. I'm sure the storyline is gonna give me a helluva hard on.

GTA IV, Halo 3, Gears of War Series, Ninja Gaiden 2, and Call Of Duty 4 are going to be xbox 360 classics in a few years, so just buy them.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 30th, 2008, 09:37 PM       
GTA IV is exactly like Halo 3. Not as many revolutions as you'd expect, but there are a few new features and all of them polished to a diamond-like sheen. The multiplayer is chaos, but that's mainly Party Mode / Freeroam, deathmatch and Cops and Crooks are more structured. Nobody has explored all of Liberty City yet, so there's still quite a few things left yet to see.

How're the copter contols, I never got to fly one.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Apr 30th, 2008, 10:41 PM       
I've heard a lot of mixed reviews. Some of my friends say it's great, others say it's perfect, still others just sit there listing all the bugs and glitches they've encountered in the first few days of having it. I dunno if I want to buy it.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 30th, 2008, 10:50 PM       
Bugs and glitches in a GTA game are nothing new. Personally, I find the unintentional imperfections in the previous games to be fun as hell. It has to be the first game/series that I can think of where the glitches are actually a good thing.

As far as GTA 4, I haven't seen any glitches, much less ones so major that your friends' remarks may warrant you not purchasing the game. To each his own, I guess.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old May 1st, 2008, 12:21 AM       
The real test will be seeing if it has any replayability after you beat it once, something none of the previous GTA and GTA clone games have had.

frappez le cochon rouge
Old May 1st, 2008, 12:47 AM       
I had plenty of fun after I beat San Andreas. But I did stop playing for a long time. I'm thinking about going back to it, though.

ValientKid is probably a spambot
Old May 1st, 2008, 05:59 AM       

The statue is alive.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old May 1st, 2008, 12:15 PM       
:crank

frappez le cochon rouge
Old May 1st, 2008, 04:28 PM       
Alright, it works now. Send me an invite, Mattjack.
Feel the guilt
Fat_Hippo is probably a spambot
Old May 1st, 2008, 05:27 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie View Post
The real test will be seeing if it has any replayability after you beat it once, something none of the previous GTA and GTA clone games have had.
That's not quite true. I've played GTA San Andreas through twice, and halfway at least 5 times. And that's saying something, because I have a horrible attention span, and it's actually pretty rare that I finish a game.
Okay, Vice City has somewhat less replayability, and I don't even like GTA III, and haven't played any clones, but GTA: SA (which for me, is the best of all GTA games by far) has tons of replayability, even if it is just driving around causing havoc.
He speaks truth!
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old May 1st, 2008, 05:56 PM       
I figure I might as well steal my friend's copy, then decide if I want to buy it. Or go the way like I did with his Gears of War, and return it 8 months later.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old May 1st, 2008, 11:29 PM       
I can't Fathom

I'm in Dallas til Sundaayyyyyyyy. I let my brothers borrow it though, so they may be on. Chances are they won't talk to you or interact with you.

Sunday night we should play. Hurt some ni*ga's feelins n shittt
frappez le cochon rouge
Old May 1st, 2008, 11:45 PM       
I'll see what I can do.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old May 1st, 2008, 11:45 PM       
Your brothers did not accept the invites to halo 3 that sam and I sent. I WILL ALSO PLAY WITH YOU GENTS ON SUNDAY!

That was very funny. Well done.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old May 2nd, 2008, 12:36 AM       
They have violent games in Canada?
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old May 2nd, 2008, 01:48 AM       
IF YOU KEEP SASSING ME, I'M GONNA HOOK UP WITH YOUR MOM AND BE YOUR NEW DAD. THEN I'LL TAKE AWAY YOUR XBOX.

The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old May 2nd, 2008, 01:54 AM       
THEN ZOMBOID IS GOING TO ADOPT ME AND I WILL BE YOUR BROTHER AND BEAT YOU UP AND YOU CAN GO CRY TO HIM AND BE LIKE "DADDY SAM IS BEATING ME UP" AND HE WILL BE LIKE "NOW IT'S MY TURN"
The Wolf
Old May 2nd, 2008, 09:12 PM       
HE SHOULD CONSIDER HIMSELF LUCKY THAT WE DON'T BEAT THE PISS OUT OF HIM RIGHT NOW.

I just got gta4 :O

taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old May 2nd, 2008, 09:37 PM       
so as you can see now i have gta 4 now who wants to play with me

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
frappez le cochon rouge
Old May 2nd, 2008, 10:13 PM       
I'm sending in my Xbox tomorrow. Got the box today. Luckily, the repair center is about 45 minutes away. So I should have it back in the next three days.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old May 3rd, 2008, 06:13 PM       
I spent almost an hour browsing the internet at the Tw@ Internet Cafe. Some of the shit on there is over the top hilarious. If you haven't checked Crap List or HornyHighSchoolReunions, I highly recommend. I don't think i've ever laughed that hard at a video game.
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old May 3rd, 2008, 06:33 PM       
I just beat the game (360 version). Simply awesome.

One thing I found weird when comparing the 360 and PS3 versions, you can watch TV from 3 views in the PS3 version but only 2 in the 360 version.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim