1.Super Famicom Hard
2. Super Famicom Easy
3. SNES
4. PSX of Hard type
5. Wonderswan color
6. Port of wonderswan color to GBA
7. The After Years, FF4's sequal, on Mobile and Wii
8. DS Remake
9. PSP "Final Fantasy 4 Complete" which has the original game, After Years, and a third NEW game between them called Interlude (for some reason.)

I own 3,4,6,7,8 and 9. Like right now i can play them, any of them. Currently, I had a game in the bugged GBA version, while slowly earning up in the new DS remake, and starting up the After Years in my copy of Complete.

They have virtually none of the same features:

FF2 SNES was mostly a mix of hard and easy type. It removed special abilities (like dark wave) and replaced the egrab bag status items with "Remedy". That sorta thing.
The PSX was basically FF4 Hard Type translated, but its atrocious loading time made it unplayable.
The GBA port has a bug that skips over people due to a quirk with the ATB system. You can exploit it with enemies just by spamming Attacks and they'll never get a turn (The trap doors dont even get Target out.) It also has a spiffy new dungeon or two. And you even get to swap characters! In addition you have the usual superboss.

The DS port was a whole new game. And its like a Final Fantasy game made by enix, since...thats what it is. The game increases in huge stupid bursts so a single Surprised encouner with an Area magic attack will usually kill you before you can react. You also have wholly redesigned and new abilities, a very interesting game at the very least. You can even battle Whyt, an Eidolon, with other people online.
You cannot, however, switch party members. Nor is there the same extra dungeon. Namingway is now a bunny and insane. (voice acting...Remember FFX? Its either that or never hearing your characters name out loud.) Also has a bizarre new Augment system to give characters other characters powers. It also has a superboss, but not the same superboss as GBA.

The PSP version has FF4, After years, and its new Interlude sequal. It uses a 2D center design, wholly redone in the original style, much more faithful that the DS one. This same engine spans all three games on the disc, and all were made together so it looks really spiffy.
It does not however, have voice acting, augments, extra lunar ruins dungeon, party swapping.

Sooner or later im actually gonna finish one. They just have to stop releasing new versions before i can.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 11:18 PM       
what thread was this supposed to be a response to, the what are you playing now thread?
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 11:59 PM       
Only 4 posts in all this time too. Very impressive.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 16th, 2011, 12:02 AM       
:ROLLSUPSLEEVES
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jun 16th, 2011, 01:05 AM       
Final Fantasy 4 is really bad.
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2011, 04:25 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
Final Fantasy 4 is really bad.
I kinda agree. 4 is way worse than 5 or 6. Even 3 is more fun if at the same time way more annoying.

4 is just bland and uninteresting, to me the most uninteresting of the "Old 3"

BUT, itīs about two and a half galaxies better than 13.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 16th, 2011, 04:38 AM       
I LIKED IT
Old Jun 16th, 2011, 02:34 PM       
It was WAY better than anything after 6.
drifting in the void
Old Jun 16th, 2011, 04:34 PM       
Meh, it was way too classic in terms of the battles and character advancement for my tastes...
dead end
mew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 16th, 2011, 05:39 PM       
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 16th, 2011, 05:59 PM       
I'm still stuck on a boss.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2011, 06:50 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
It was WAY better than anything after 6.
and Chrono Trigger is better than the entire series

Old Jun 16th, 2011, 07:42 PM       
That goes without saying.
BANNED

Old Jun 16th, 2011, 07:49 PM       
i liked how the main character goes from a dark knight to a white knight or whatever (actually i hated it but it was still a neat touch) that a bunch of characters died i think and also that the little girl at the begining grows up

SO YES THERE IS CHARACTER ADVANCEMENT

but yea other than that i guess it is kind of bland..
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jun 16th, 2011, 09:11 PM       
ff2 us is my favorite final fantasy game :< stop being so mean to it :<

this thread reminds me that i still have to finish the ff4 sequel i bought on wiiware
drifting in the void
Old Jun 17th, 2011, 03:15 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
i liked how the main character goes from a dark knight to a white knight or whatever (actually i hated it but it was still a neat touch) that a bunch of characters died i think and also that the little girl at the begining grows up

SO YES THERE IS CHARACTER ADVANCEMENT

but yea other than that i guess it is kind of bland..
I meant Character Advancement not developement, my fault maybe. What I mean is ways to improve your character over the course of the game. FF4 was pretty primitive in that regard if Iīm not mistaken. Simple leveling and getting spells at fixed levels. I hate that actually :D Take 6 or 7 or fucking 8, those are miles ahead of 4 in that regard. Even 2 and 3 are

7 was the best though, it had the most possibilities for customization. 8 was good too but the whole Junction-system lead to me never casting spells at all which is a flaw to me.

Concering Cecilīs change over the course of the game...I always felt kinda sad when he turned from badass Dark Knight into a wussy pink Paladin...
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 17th, 2011, 06:28 AM       
I think 5 had the most ways to customize, especially if you were determined to master every class, then you could take the starting class and make whatever you wanted
Old Jun 17th, 2011, 10:21 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBlood View Post
7 was the best though, it had the most possibilities for customization. 8 was good too but the whole Junction-system lead to me never casting spells at all which is a flaw to me.

6 & 10 mo-fos
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 17th, 2011, 10:36 AM       
the only final fantasies i enjoy are the crystal chronicles ones

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jun 17th, 2011, 11:17 AM       
RETURN TO ZORK :achimp
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 17th, 2011, 12:37 PM       
6 is the best for sure.
Old Jun 17th, 2011, 02:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
RETURN TO ZORK :achimp
He is so drunk even his plants are potted.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Jun 17th, 2011, 05:41 PM       
7 just 6 in 3D, except it got boring after you reached the world map.

Also, 12 is where it's at, and anyone who disagrees will be split into 4 buttcheeks and fucked in the middle of them. However, you opinion will still be different from mine and I will respect that

SKATASTIC
Old Jun 17th, 2011, 08:11 PM       
I felt like I won the lottery when I played Final Fantasy 12 and FF 13.