Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ghoul
argonath is probably a spambot
Old Apr 30th, 2008, 08:53 AM        Iron Man
I saw the sneak preview of Iron Man last night. Holy crap, what a way to start off the summer movie season! I think of all the Marvel-based movie series to come out in the last several years, it is by far the best franchise launcher. Robert Downey Jr. is perfectly cast, and Jeff Bridges and Terrence Howard were excellent in their roles. Even Gwyneth Paltrow was pretty good. The story was well-done, but parts of the movie seemed to drag. It could have been trimmed from its almost 2 hour running time to 90 minutes, but this is a pretty minor complaint.

As far as the action sequences, they are outstanding. The gadgets and weaponry on the suit are just badass, and the flight scenes were very cool. Even the CGI was pretty believeable for the most part: some scenes during the last battle relied on it a bit too much, but overall the animators did a good job. I won't spoil the ending, but I will say that it was a first for a superhero movie. Still not sure if that's a good or bad thing...I guess we'll see in 2-3 years when the sequel comes out (and there will be one--Iron Man will do EXTREMELY well over the next couple of weeks).

I give it a 4 out of a 6 pack. Go check it out!
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 30th, 2008, 05:55 PM       
i loved it it was awesome i loved the ending i hope for new armors and stuff in the next movie terrence hinted to it so yeah
also
Spoilers!

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 30th, 2008, 09:28 PM       
This movie rocked my ass andd Tony Stark is a total dick. He's the man I aspire to be.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old May 1st, 2008, 05:56 PM       
I wanna go see it tomorrow. Damn TAKS testing is preventing me from seeing it at midnight....
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old May 1st, 2008, 08:06 PM       
I don't want to spoil it but someone bears a resemblance to the evil Steve Jobs.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old May 2nd, 2008, 03:53 AM       
I'm Nick Fury and I'd like to talk to you about the Avengers Initiative.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old May 2nd, 2008, 07:40 AM       
You know, Iron Man will be in the upcoming Hulk flick, as well.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old May 2nd, 2008, 01:44 PM       
at this point, who doesn't know that? they're apparently making reference to the super soldier serum as well. after the Hulk movie, there'll be an Ant-Man movie and a Thor movie, and supposedly at the end of the Thor movie there'll be a reference to Cap. AVEGNERS ASSEMBLE!
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old May 2nd, 2008, 03:37 PM       
Sweet guys, I didn't know yet
frappez le cochon rouge
Old May 2nd, 2008, 04:50 PM       
Well, there already was a Captain America movie. heh heh heh ehhhh.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old May 2nd, 2008, 05:19 PM       
I remember the old cap america, flash and daredevil movies from the 80's, left a bad taste in my mouth. The old hulk movies with Bill Bixby were sweet. Especially the one with Thor where they go to a bar and have a chug-a-lug contest.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old May 2nd, 2008, 06:44 PM       
If Marvel really does manage to produce a series of good movies, I'll be very happy. DC's been dominating Marvel in the movie department lately so it'd be nice if Marvel stepped it up cause aside from the first two x-men and spider-man movies, they've sucked pretty badly.

That being said, the upcoming justice league movie will probably be fucking horrible.

That was very funny. Well done.
That damn kid
Hangie is probably a spambot
Old May 2nd, 2008, 11:07 PM       
GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH THAT MOVIE KICKED ASS, (jesus I just got back, I feel like my soda was spiked with some raver juice) ZOMGZOMGZOMG. I nearly choked when

Spoilers!
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old May 3rd, 2008, 07:11 AM       
I've seen just about every other comic book based movie in the last few years and as such my expectations for this one are not very high.
SKATASTIC
Old May 3rd, 2008, 03:30 PM       
I thought Tom Jane's Punisher was really good. Kind of looking forward to the Flash movie if Ryan Reynolds will play him.
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old May 3rd, 2008, 07:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
I've seen just about every other comic book based movie in the last few years and as such my expectations for this one are not very high.
Go see it right now and stay after the credits are over. You'll wee yourself.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old May 3rd, 2008, 11:01 PM       
Meh, I wasn't blown away. Marvel's just churning out so many superhero movies that you might as well make them their own freaking genre. Action, Comedy, Romance, and Superhero.

Not that it was bad. It's quite good, but it felt like it was just going through the motions. I wish it had more than two or three action scenes, though, cause that suit's totally boss.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old May 5th, 2008, 01:02 AM       
First 2/3 of the movie was pretty cool.

Last 1/3 of the movie sucked horribly. The dialogue went to absolute shit for some reason.

TONNNNY!!!

COLLATERAL DAMAGE, TONYYYY

TONNY YOU'LL DIE

TONNYYYY

3/5 is how I'd rate this movie.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old May 6th, 2008, 06:38 PM       
IMDB's stupid fucking headlines for this:

Moviegoers Turn 'Iron' Into Gold
'Iron Man' Is Marvelous For Marvel
Heavy Metal Plays Well At Box Office

frappez le cochon rouge
Old May 6th, 2008, 06:44 PM       
Church bombing kills ten

Space Case
Blaster Atoms is probably a spambot
Old May 7th, 2008, 06:30 AM       
I thought it was funny as hell. Looking way forward to the next one, and the avengers movies. I'd like to see Triple H play Thor, personally...
The Wolf
Old May 7th, 2008, 06:41 AM       
Ugh.

And is that your sig?

Space Case
Old May 7th, 2008, 06:44 AM       
Is it too much? I had wondered about that.
The Wolf
Old May 7th, 2008, 08:21 AM       
Yeah, too big. Maybe 1/3 of that would be small enough.

Space Case
Old May 8th, 2008, 06:10 AM       
I think I'll just have to change it then. Downsizing would lose some of the detail. No matter.