Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Jun 17th, 2007, 06:54 AM       
Here's a fun analogy! Willie is to Fallout 3 as Chojin was to the Nintendo Wii.

Say it 3 times fast.

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jun 17th, 2007, 07:14 AM       
why i outta
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Jun 17th, 2007, 12:54 PM       
I got fucking goosebumps when I heard Ron Perlman.

But will it have as many fucking goofy random encounters like the last one? like the bridge from The Holy Grail, or the Portal that sends you back in time and causes you to break the water chip?
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jun 17th, 2007, 07:36 PM       
Probably not, but let's hope. This game really looks fucking awesome and maaaaaaaaan not enough people I know have played fallout.

That was very funny. Well done.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jun 17th, 2007, 08:14 PM       
I bought the original Fallout today and almost immediately fucked up by taking out my knife in Shady Sands, at which point all of the townspeople converged on me with intent to kill. The dude with the rifle actually missed me and killed the guy I was going for in the first place, which made me lol.

I don't know if I can go back safely now. Please someone tell me I don't need to go there to get the rope for the Vault 15 elevator shaft. :<
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jun 18th, 2007, 12:06 AM       
nah you can trade for it at killian's in junk town
OH GOD
Old Jun 18th, 2007, 12:08 AM       
or uh i guess the hub or adytown, but you'll probably find junktown first

might have it in necropolis but it's a bit early to go there

plus come on MACGYVER does the voice of killian you can't go wrong w/ that
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jun 18th, 2007, 12:14 AM       
I just found Necropolis and decimated a group of ghouls upon entry, but then I got my brains eaten when a bunch of other ones started following me.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jun 18th, 2007, 12:15 AM       
Also I'm having trouble finding Junktown, the raider guy said it was south of his camp, but all I could find was the zombie place and a fuckton of desert. Is it like southeast or something
OH GOD
Old Jun 18th, 2007, 12:21 AM       
uhh its sort of southwest of shady sands (mostly south tho), if i remember
OH GOD
Old Jun 18th, 2007, 12:23 AM       
almost directly south of v13 (like one square east and ten squares south)
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jun 18th, 2007, 12:28 AM       
I found it, thanks

I'd just been kind of sweeping the desert for it, and all I found were some mole rats and the ruins of some city. The ruins would have been cool if there was any loot inside, but it was like, completely empty
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jun 18th, 2007, 12:37 AM       
So I get poisoned by a scorpion on my way there, and I try and see the doctor but I can't because it's night, and when I don't leave the hospital the assholes there take out guns and start fucking SHOOTING ME

People in the future are a bunch of douchebags :<
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Jun 18th, 2007, 01:08 AM       
has anyone here ever seen a copy of "Fallout: Radioactive"?

Its apparently a bundle with 1,2, Tactics, and a bonus disk

also from wikipedia:
Fallout MMOG

On November 30, 2006, Interplay has filed a Form 8-K filing to the SEC regarding a potential Fallout massively multiplayer online game.[6] The Form 8-K contained a prospectus stating that Interplay will be issuing common stock on Euronext to raise capital for developing a Fallout MMOG. The report stated that the production and launch processes will require an estimated US$75 million in capital. The report also stated that production may start as early as January 2007 and the game may launch as early as July 2010.[7]
In April 2007, SEC filings were made showing the purchase of the IP for the Fallout MMO to Fallout 3 developer Bethesda for $5.75 million USD. While Bethesda now owns the rights to the Fallout MMO IP, clauses in the purchase agreement state allow Interplay to license the rights to the development of the MMO, provided that development begins within 24 months of the date of the agreement (April 4, 2007), and that Interplay must secure $30 million within that time frame or forfeit its rights to license. Interplay must furthermore launch the MMOG within 4 years of the beginning of development, and pay Bethesda 12 percent of sales and subscription fees for the use of the IP.[8]

OH SNAP SCREENS!
http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36877
OH GOD
Old Jun 18th, 2007, 02:07 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
So I get poisoned by a scorpion on my way there, and I try and see the doctor but I can't because it's night, and when I don't leave the hospital the assholes there take out guns and start fucking SHOOTING ME

People in the future are a bunch of douchebags :<
the doctor guy in junktown isn't exactly a good guy either lol

see and if you hadn't pissed off shady sands you'd probably have a bunch of spare antitoxin from the whole "kill the radscorpions and bring the tails to the doctor" quest
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jun 18th, 2007, 02:11 AM       
So I go in to get healed and stuff and when I can't pay him they shoot me AGAIN

Is every doctor in this game a huge asshole :<
OH GOD
Old Jun 18th, 2007, 02:15 AM       
nope, just that guy

the one in shady sands is kind of a cock about not talking to you unless you're actually hurt after hours, but if i remember right he actually will heal you if its dark out

doc morbid on the other hand, sells the body parts of the people he fails to fix up (or possibly who just can't pay)
OH GOD
Old Jun 18th, 2007, 02:17 AM       
don't forget, you have doctor and medical skill yourself

and you get XP for usin it successfully
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Jun 18th, 2007, 05:00 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowX View Post
has anyone here ever seen a copy of "Fallout: Radioactive"?

Its apparently a bundle with 1,2, Tactics, and a bonus disk
we have that at the store I work, its about £10 from what I remember (or £15 for two)

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 18th, 2007, 02:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
http://www.nma-fallout.com/article.php?id=36877

Scans containing screens and other stuff from Game Informer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowX View Post
Beat ya to it.

Also, for anyone else too lame to have seen it, here's the teaser trailer

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/teaser.html
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jun 18th, 2007, 10:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
don't forget, you have doctor and medical skill yourself

and you get XP for usin it successfully
yeah but my doctoring has like a 12 percent chance at succeeding and at 27% my first aid skill isn't much better
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 18th, 2007, 11:10 PM       
5 click 5 click 5 click 5 click 5 click 5 click 5 click 5 click 5 click 5 click rest
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jun 18th, 2007, 11:21 PM       
I also replaced my character's standard "Night Person" trait with "Bloody Mess" because it sounded awesome
OH GOD
Old Jun 18th, 2007, 11:29 PM       
night person's pretty useless, yeah

i always pick gifted, and then sometimes i'll go with finesse or slim frame (although in #1 being able to carry shit is a lot more important than it is in #2), and always always pick 10 agility so that i can shoot a pistol 2 times a turn at the start or punch twice and kick once
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jun 18th, 2007, 11:49 PM       
yeah, I had gifted and I can shoot people twice a turn so I guess I've got agility too.

So anyway I get to Killians and start talking with him, then try to buy the rope I need off him and not only does he not have it everything else is unbelievably expensive. Then I go to try the Hub place, and some black guy waltzes in and goes GIZMO SENDS HIS REGARDS