Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Aug 2nd, 2003, 05:05 AM        Dead Like Me
Has anyone else gotten around to eyeballing this show yet? I didn't hear a whole lot of hoopla about it before, and not much now, though i'm not sure why. It's clever, funny, and original, on par with HBO's original series shows. It's one of the few shows not on comedy central that will make me laugh anymore, and it doesn't hurt that the lead character is cute, in a Molly Ringwold (don't be confused, they have little in common) sort of way. It's about a chick that was killed by a toilet seat falling from the exploding MIR station, and now she's gotta be a grim reaper. I advise those who get Showtime to watch it, fridays at ten.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Aug 2nd, 2003, 10:50 AM       
I saw some of it, but I just don't think the acting is all that great. Six Feet Under is still my favorite of the premium channel shows.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Aug 2nd, 2003, 08:24 PM       
I think the acting is fine, myself. The girl is meant to be indecisive and distant, and i think she acts like it pretty well. She's usually got nothing to say, and she always feels sorry for herself. Besides, i think she's funny enough to make up for any bad acting she may be doing.

I haven't caught a run of Six Feet Under yet, but i have heard good things. What day's it on?

Generator86 is probably a spambot
Old Aug 3rd, 2003, 04:30 AM       
I love this show. I'm sure to catch it a minimum of twice per weekend.

Yeah, George is cute as all hell, but that's not what sucked me in. It's just a funny show. Besides, Reggie(her sister) almost steals it for me.

Comparing the two isn't fair at all. Six Feet Under is more of a soap opera, with cliff hangers and unresolved issues at the end of every episode, whereas Dead Like Me is more along the lines with a sitcom, like how all the episodes are linked together(obviously), but they're still kind of stand-alone, in a way.

If given the choice between the two, though, it's a bit early to call DLM better, although I'm leaning towards it.

By the way, Ninja, last I checked it was on Sundays, but they finished up the third season a few months ago, so I'm not sure if HBO is replaying the season or anything. Your best bet is to rent or buy the first season on DVD or video or whatever.

Quote:
you type well for being drunk...