Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

SatnsAngel is probably a spambot
Old May 10th, 2003, 10:44 PM        gamecubes zelda
i bought zelda and everyone is telling me that it sucks... But i love it. I need advice on what you guys think :/
Black Midnight is probably a spambot
Old May 10th, 2003, 11:00 PM       
for once i find someone who says it doesn't suck, thank you god for our non-cel shade hating messiah
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old May 10th, 2003, 11:12 PM       
You two are fucking morons and so are the people who said the new Zelda sucks because of the cel shaded graphics.
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old May 10th, 2003, 11:19 PM       
They said they LIKED the cel-shaded graphics.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old May 10th, 2003, 11:22 PM       
Mocker
Old May 10th, 2003, 11:27 PM       
That is like me saying I don't like my cereal crunchy or soggy. That is the best reply ever I might add.
Les Waste is probably a spambot
Old May 11th, 2003, 12:49 AM       
jesus christ satnsangel, stop fucking posting
Bobo Adobo is funnier and smarter than all of you, proven by the fact that he is currently in a high-paying and important government job where he earns a fat cash paycheck and much pussy. How did he get so famous and successful you ask? It's simple: he has never, in his entire life, watched one second of anime.
- Outerspacekid
Mocker

James sucks
Old May 11th, 2003, 01:00 AM       
I'm sure the game is lovely, but I'll be damned if I'm going to play it any time soon.

I just wish Nintendo would get some sort of definite storyline going on with their fucking games. Just because they're platformers, doesn't mean they don't need a story.

For example, this new Zelda game. He's rescuing his sister. Oh yeah, I forgot all the times they even mentioned him having a sister in the 8+ other Zelda games. Christ, I don't even think he has parents in LttP. Didn't he live with his Uncle?

So yeah, I'm sure it's a game to nut over, but we gotta take a stand. Get some friggin continuity, Nintendo. Oh, and stop throwing in prequals between prequals with Metroid, and Give Mario and Luigi something worthwhile to do.

Unless I'm missing some major plot point by not playing the game, where Link is brainwashed by Aganhim or whatever into thinking he has a sister, who gets kidnapped, who he has to save, which turns out to be Ganon. And if that's the case... then it's still stupid.
Gonadatron is probably a spambot
Old May 11th, 2003, 02:40 AM       
Jamesman, this Zelda holds true to the Zelda story moreso than any of the other ones. The game starts... I forget how long after Ocarina of Time, but It's a long time. The hero of time is long dead, but his legacy is passed on. The Link in this game is not the same Link, but a sort of reincarntion. He wears the green tunic for a tradition that honors the Hero of Time.
Old May 11th, 2003, 03:00 AM       
The Zelda games are like the Castlevania games in that there is a different Link from a different time period in each one. The character's name isn't even Link unless you name yourself Link.
Bobo Adobo is funnier and smarter than all of you, proven by the fact that he is currently in a high-paying and important government job where he earns a fat cash paycheck and much pussy. How did he get so famous and successful you ask? It's simple: he has never, in his entire life, watched one second of anime.
- Outerspacekid

FS is probably a spambot
Old May 11th, 2003, 06:02 AM       
Over the course of the Wind Waker, the whole story is linked to the "legend" of the Hero of Time.
Mocker

Captain Robo is probably a spambot
Old May 11th, 2003, 08:14 AM       
Ocarina of Time was the best game ever
Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old May 11th, 2003, 12:49 PM       
GEE JAMESMAN HOW NON-IGNORANT.

Link never lived with his Uncle in the original, if my memory serves me correctly, but they still went ahead and said that he did in Link To The Past. Know why? Because it's a different Link, and it's a good fucking game anyway. The plot thickens as you play through it, just like past Zelda's. There's alot of twists and turns for what turns out to be a pretty short game. In short: It's not just about rescuing your sister.

I loved the way it linked to Ocarina Of Time, although the big revelation half-way through the game concerning the fate of Hyrule was pretty predictable.

I still think Majora's Mask was the best so far, though.

FS is probably a spambot
Old May 12th, 2003, 05:07 AM       
Majora's Mask? :/

Wind Waker was fun, but nowhere near as good as Ocarina of Time was in its time. The game was too short, too. I hear they nixed two dungeons to make it shorter, probably thinking that all the sailing was enough to make up for that, but dammit, they were wrong.
Old May 12th, 2003, 09:43 AM       
Wind Waker is too short, and too easy. A bigger-than-usual proportion of the game is dedicated to optional sidequests and crap like that. It's a hell of a lot harder to get all the heart containers than it is to actually win the game.

And getting pictures of everything for the Nintendo gallery is fun and time consuming as well.
- Outerspacekid
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old May 12th, 2003, 10:56 AM       
The Wind Waker is a great game. Just plain fun to play.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Mocker

James sucks
Old May 12th, 2003, 10:57 AM       
Different Links in different parallel universes, connected only by a thin, ever-changing story.

And you don't see a problem with this?
Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old May 12th, 2003, 11:03 AM       
Who said anything about parallel universes?
Mocker
Old May 12th, 2003, 11:53 AM       
Yes, the game was too easy. I beat half of the game within 3 days without any guide. I dropped the game and it got a gash on it. I sold it to Gamestop for 25 bucks.

FS is probably a spambot
Old May 12th, 2003, 05:01 PM       
I think you need to see the Legend of Zelda as an old story that keeps being retold in different forms, like Arthur and the knights of the Round Table.

The green-clad hero "Link" (who is technically nameless) takes up a magical sword to defeat Ganon(dorf) to save the Hyrule and Princess Zelda. Everything around that is like creative liberty.

The games that had different stories usually were sequels, like Majora's Mask. Link's Awakening is the big exception, I guess, in that it deviates more from the standard story than other games. I've never beaten it cause I didn't have a SNES.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old May 12th, 2003, 05:07 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by FS
Link's Awakening is the big exception, I guess, in that it deviates more from the standard story than other games. I've never beaten it cause I didn't have a SNES.
Link's Awakening is for Game Boy. A Link to the Past is the SNES one.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog

FS is probably a spambot
Old May 12th, 2003, 06:06 PM       
Er, yeah. I tend to mix those titles up.
Mocker

James sucks
Old May 12th, 2003, 08:16 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by FS
I think you need to see the Legend of Zelda as an old story that keeps being retold in different forms, like Arthur and the knights of the Round Table.

The green-clad hero "Link" (who is technically nameless) takes up a magical sword to defeat Ganon(dorf) to save the Hyrule and Princess Zelda. Everything around that is like creative liberty.
Don't we lynch people for doing that when it comes to turning a game of comic into a movie? So it's OK for a game to retell the story of a game over and over and over, taking creative liberties, just because Miyamoto is "involved" in every one?

It just seems like all these Nintendo mascots are overrated. I need consitency, progression, and depth when it comes to a story. And that's not what I see in this new Zelda game.

I'm sure it's a great game, but I just wish people would stop treating Miyamoto's turd children like pure gold, and see them for what the really are. It's not perfect if it makes no sense. You're all JUST like Hitler's girlfriend.
Mocker
Old May 12th, 2003, 11:07 PM       
I think they should have put out the other Zelda ithat they were working on before the Gamecube launched instead of Windwaker. I'm not saying Windwaker is a bad game, it is a decent game, but just nothing to write home about. I DO think that Miyamoto is overrated.
Old May 13th, 2003, 01:04 AM       
The story might be important, but if I wanted to read a good story, I'll go read The Sound and the Fury again. But unless I can start making Benji and Quintin fight moblins and collect rupees to buy flippers from the king of the zoras, books and video games aren't the same thing.

Do you really need a good story to play a video game? I don't think I've ever said "I'm sorry Link, I can't guide you through the great palace to beat your shadow because this story makes absolutely no fucking sense. I have no motiviation."

And even if the story is just being rehashed over and over again, all the Zelda games with essentially the same plot (The original one, A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker) are so fundamentally different that it's not like playing the same game over and over.

And is it really that bad if Nintendo just keeps using the same characters, i.e. Link and Mario? The last original idea Nintendo ever had was Pokemon, which was a gay-up. I'd rather be the same fairy fag over and over again than trust Nintendo to try and create a new hero, which would end up being something even faggier than link.

And it's not like Nintendo's lack of creativity is even close to being as bad as Square and the Final Fantasy series. Saying Final Fantasy 8 was a sequel to Final Fantasy 4 is like saying Disney's Aladdin was a sequel to Disney's The Little Mermaid.

In short, the story isn't nearly as important as how fun the game is.
- Outerspacekid