Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 07:58 PM       

Probably the most emotionally exploitative, and well directed trailer for a video game I can remember ever seeing- and its about zombies.
I can't believe a game called DEAD ISLAND could pull this off without making me want to crack up.

Also I probably will not play this.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 17th, 2011, 09:55 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 View Post
On another note, Dead Space 2 completely failed to scare me and I'm at chapter 11. Do I have anything to look forward to or should I just stop playing?
In terms of scares, no. There's a moment near the end where they have you do something that will make you wince, but that's it.

With More Yes Than Ever
DougClayton4231 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2011, 08:59 AM       
Is there anything else to look forward to in terms of gameplay? The best part of the game so far was when that giant mutant thing tries to kill you about forty-seven times after it drags you into outer space. I like being able to stomp squishy things. It's probably the highlight of the whole monotonous series by now.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 18th, 2011, 09:05 AM       
A series of two games. Wooo.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 18th, 2011, 02:05 PM       
Quote:
Is there anything else to look forward to in terms of gameplay? The best part of the game so far was when that giant mutant thing tries to kill you about forty-seven times after it drags you into outer space. I like being able to stomp squishy things. It's probably the highlight of the whole monotonous series by now.
Easy now.

I'm not really sure what you're asking for at this point. There's more challenging combat scenarios ahead, but if your favorite moment was one of the QTE-type shooting events, I don't know what to tell you.

taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 18th, 2011, 02:48 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
A series of two games. Wooo.
three

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Funky Dynamite
Old Feb 18th, 2011, 02:59 PM       
And two animated features.

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 18th, 2011, 03:43 PM       
Actually, there are five games, but the original just got it it's first legit sequel.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 18th, 2011, 03:51 PM       
i don't like how ea is whoring isaac clarke on everything they can now though they made his suit for mys sims a dragon age armor a skin on dante's inferno what's next?

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Funky Dynamite
Old Feb 18th, 2011, 04:13 PM       
EA just wants to get everything they possibly can out of the series, hence all the offshoot games, books, animated features, etc.

Quote:
Actually, there are five games, but the original just got it it's first legit sequel.
Aren't there just the three regular games and the one downloadable one?

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Feb 18th, 2011, 04:22 PM       
Dead Space 1 & 2, Extraction, Ignition, and Dead Space for the iOS, which is mad decent from what I've heard.
With More Yes Than Ever
DougClayton4231 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2011, 08:50 PM       
Are there any other scenes with those annoying monsters that run and hide instead of eating your face? Because if there are, I'm done.

I don't understand why people are fapping over any of the Dead Space games. All of them are knock-offs of far more enjoyable games.

So I guess I'm about done with my 360 until Duke Nukem and Mortal Kombat come out.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Feb 18th, 2011, 09:26 PM       
In 2008 or whenever, Dead Space, hands down, beat the shit out of Resident Evil 5 for me. It was a far more enjoyable game. If you don't like the games, fine. Just trade them in and quit being a bridge troll.
Funky Dynamite
Old Feb 18th, 2011, 11:12 PM       
Quote:
Are there any other scenes with those annoying monsters that run and hide instead of eating your face? Because if there are, I'm done.
Find a spot with a fairly long straightway leading into a wall, put your back against that wall, and wait. They will come to you down that aisle.

And you are being a troll at this point, what with the nonstop, nonspecific complaining. Just quit, either the game or your bitching.

CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 18th, 2011, 11:13 PM       
If I could facebook-style like a post, I would like your post.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 11:15 AM       
Quote:
In 2008 or whenever, Dead Space, hands down, beat the shit out of Resident Evil 5 for me. It was a far more enjoyable game. If you don't like the games, fine. Just trade them in and quit being a bridge troll.

RE5s multiplayer gave it a lot more replayability. Other than that Im inclined to agree Dead Space was the better game.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 01:52 PM       
I had to replace my Nintendo 64 that I've had since 1996 the other day. It felt like shooting my dog.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 02:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
RE5s multiplayer gave it a lot more replayability. Other than that Im inclined to agree Dead Space was the better game.
Multiplayer is the only way to play it. The Sheva AI was terrible for me - I remember it vividly. And a game that you can only play with two live people really isn't good for me. I still haven't beaten it, nor do I really care to. I could never make it through that fight with Wesker. Not that I tried really hard, mind. It was just tough with a partner that was useless. It was pretty, though.

But I love more than anything the fact that the Dead Spaces don't have cutscenes that separate you from Issac. The fact that you're constantly connected to him through the RIG's HUD and you're always on his shoulder was really cool. The animations were great, the ragdolly physics weren't, (excepting the zero-gravity stuff, which was great), and the sound design is literally the best I've ever heard in a video game.

Also, I really like Issac's character in the 2nd, too. But then maybe I'm a sucker for stories with tortured protagonists. It didn't take anything away, for me, as I was already pretty sympathetic to him when he was all but silent in the first.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 03:31 PM       
Dylan, we should play RE5 then. Its just fun to play through. I've gone through it at least 5 or 6 times completely with different people.
Funky Dynamite
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 03:35 PM       
I'd like to second that by saying that multiplayer added playability to RE5. The fact that you had to be so careful with what resources you gave to your AI packmule meant that I only wound up giving her stuff I wouldn't mind losing. And it was made all the worse knowing that in RE4, you could just stow your companion in a dumpster while you took care of business.

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 03:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
Dylan, we should play RE5 then. Its just fun to play through. I've gone through it at least 5 or 6 times completely with different people.
I only own it on the computer. It was 3.75 or something on Steam one day and I figured it might've been worth it.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 04:33 PM       
Awwwwwwwww
Funky Dynamite
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 05:05 PM       
Well shit. I own the PC version, but only the GFWL version.

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 05:41 PM       
It's the same. Any game that uses GFWL that is sold on Steam has both the GFWL and the Steam overlay.

Two overlays.
SKATASTIC
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 05:45 PM