Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker

James sucks
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 08:41 PM        Downloading Flash Interfaces for Offline Use
I know you can download games and movies and have them run without the need for them to be on a website. But is it possible to do the same for a webpage interface.

To be specific: http://www.square-enix-usa.com Online Strategy, Final Fantasy IX. (You'll need to register/login to see what I'm talking about). It's an online strategy guide for Final Fantasy 9. I worry that it won't always be available, and I wanted to preserve it by saving it to my computer. But is that possible?

Also, I have a problem navigating the guide on IE. I can click on Walkthru > Disc 1 and the like, but when I click on a specific section (In this example, let's say Prima Vista Airship), my browser locks up completely. However, on Netscape, it works perfectly fine.

But speaking of Netscape, I can't access the pages on there anymore. It won't let me log in or anything. It's javascript related, and I have javascript enabled, but it's not working.

I e-mailed their support, and they said I shouldn't be having any problems, and they don't know how to fix it. :/

So yeah, if anyone could help, please do? The downloading of the guide is more important than the browser thing.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 10:59 PM       
I recommend finding a different walkthrough. Trying to save a Flash website is hard, especially if it's using dynamic content, like I think that this is.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 11:43 PM       
Well, here's the thing.

There is an official strategy guide in book form, which I have (I pretty much collect strategy guides for Square games). But they have this thing where you enter codes from the book into the online walkthrough in order to get specific help and information in locating items and whatnot.

Now, granted damn-near any FAQ on GameFAQs should have the same information. But also damn-near any FAQ on GameFAQs gives me a headache. But I dunno. I guess at the very least, I was just hoping to copy down the specific information for each code. Unfortunately, I'm having problems with both IE and Netscape, so I can't even view the guide. So if anyone could help me with that, it would be great.
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 04:44 PM       
If you can read .swf files, here is what you do.

Open up the site, and check Temporary Internet Files, and search around for there. It should have something like main.swf or ff10.swf or something like that. If you don't have flash and you can't see .swfs, go to download.com and download a .swf viewer. I hope it helps.

That's for your first question.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 05:02 PM       
I copied the SWF file into a new folder, and it works...

The problem is all the links don't. Going back to my example, when I click Prima Vista Airship, it pops up a javascript IE window, which remains blank.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 10:51 PM       
You all suck.
Resident Chimp
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 11:33 PM       
You're going to have to download every single Flash file if you want it to work 100%.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Oct 10th, 2003, 12:23 AM       
OK. But how can I make it work on my browser again? I wanna fix that.
Resident Chimp
Old Oct 10th, 2003, 08:39 AM       
Well, there's the catch. If the links are hardcoded into Flash, there's nothing you can do, unless you figure out a way to edit the Flash movie (I'm not a Flash expert at all, so I might be wrong, but I don't think you can just open any old movie and start messing with it). Ask FS or Mockery about that.

If the links are done in Javascript or HTML, you have to get the actual webpage that the Flash was displayed on and then edit that so the links reflect the directory structure on your hard drive.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Oct 10th, 2003, 11:47 AM       
OK. Well, forget all that downloading stuff. What about just making it work with my browser again, instead of freezing up?
fartymowler is probably a spambot
Old Oct 10th, 2003, 12:16 PM       
You ask too many questions. Shut up.
Jebus is probably a spambot
Old Oct 10th, 2003, 06:06 PM       
Why dont you just take lots and lots of screen caps.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Oct 10th, 2003, 06:31 PM       
Because I can't access the pages at all.

I guess I'm not going to get any help on this. It's a very odd situation. I'm just gonna use the other computer, and copy down all the notes.

Blue is probably a spambot
Old Oct 11th, 2003, 02:28 AM       
Why not try www.gamefaqs.com It has heaps of guides for heaps of games.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 11th, 2003, 03:02 AM       
could you logon to the page in IE, save whatever page you can get to without crashing, and then open the saved page in netscape? :/

-willie
Mocker

James sucks
Old Oct 11th, 2003, 12:23 PM       
Nah, because the pages aren't accessable unless you're logged in, which Netscape isn't letting me do. I uninstalled it anyway; only reason I had it was to access this site.

I basically have my solution, as inconvenient as it may be. I just needed to copy down sections that you would access via keywords included in the official strategy guide. Everything else in that online guide is more or less an exact copy of the book.

So I can either use the other computer, or locate the URLs for each page, and paste that into IE. But it'll work.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 11th, 2003, 10:47 PM       
have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling flash

-willie