Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

noob 4eva
maggiekarp is probably a spambot
Old Feb 13th, 2006, 07:42 PM        MKV fiiles
How do you play them?
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 13th, 2006, 07:45 PM       
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Lazy_Man_MKV.htm
noob 4eva
Old Feb 13th, 2006, 08:28 PM       
How do I make that work?
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 13th, 2006, 08:41 PM       
idk install the codec pack and it should let you play them in media player, i guess

i don't play around with fruity codecs
Banned

Pram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram Maven
Old Feb 18th, 2006, 07:53 PM       
lol @ fruity codecs.

I use Real Anime to compress my clay animation stuff, and it outputs as MKV too..(short for Matroska somethingerother) Which I find to be absolutely useless to me. Who actually uses that format, outside of its reasonable application in anime encodes? At this point, it is incompatible with every major media player for the web.
OH GOD
Old Feb 19th, 2006, 03:15 AM       
let's all listen to music in .ogg and .shn format next guys
Banned

Pram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram Maven
Old Feb 19th, 2006, 10:35 AM       
Ugh, no. I was tired when I wrote that. I meant that you shouldn't use MKV at all.

Real Anime 2.25 is the last version to output to Rv10, and it's also the most stable.

Why those other two audio formats, though? What would be the advantage over Mp3? Smaller file sizes? I think that Real Anime has both, but I haven't used them.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Feb 19th, 2006, 03:13 PM       
Ogg is smaller, lossless, and doesn't have time gaps at the ends of files.
Banned

Old Feb 19th, 2006, 03:26 PM       
Thanks, Chojin.

I kind of figured it had something to do with saving space.

Is the quality comparable to an MP3 or WMA at a high bitrate?(90000 kbps)
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Feb 19th, 2006, 03:29 PM       
If it's lossless, it would have to be.
Banned

Old Feb 19th, 2006, 03:31 PM       
Sorry, I misread that as "lossy." I haven't slept yet and I worked all night.
OH GOD
Old Feb 20th, 2006, 08:15 AM       
real sucks
noob 4eva
Old Feb 20th, 2006, 12:05 PM       
Well since it's stupid to watch MKV files, is there a way I can turn it into something I can watch?