Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

huond is probably a spambot
Old Apr 25th, 2004, 05:18 PM        Capture cards
Anyone know anything about these things? Anyone have any recommendations. I want to convert VHS tapes mainly. PLEASE TO BE HELPING

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Apr 25th, 2004, 05:57 PM       
I've heard that ATI all-in-wonders are good.

Old Apr 25th, 2004, 06:02 PM       
I don't want to spend $300 on an all new video card, I want a CAPTURE CARD
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Apr 25th, 2004, 06:35 PM       
I have an ati all in wonder 8500dv, its ok. you can get them for under a hundred bucks these days and they are pretty slick. So if you have a pretty slow video card it might be worth looking into one to upgrade as well.

I also had some cheap pci capture card i got for like 30 bucks about 5 years ago. It got the job done and would probaly be perfect for this purpose. check www.pricewatch.com for some decent prices. you can also check www.dvdrhelp.com for some reviews.

Old Apr 25th, 2004, 06:43 PM       
I have a 128 MB G-Force 4200 or something like that, I bought it a while ago on some supersale Its still good, so I don't want to upgrade it.

Anyways, I want to convert stuff to DVD so DVDRhelp will probably help, I forgot about that place
Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Apr 25th, 2004, 07:15 PM       
I got a capture card as a gift, but i have never even used it. I don't know how good it is. If you are interested i'll dig it out and give you more info and sell it to you for cheap and shit if you want it.

Old Apr 25th, 2004, 07:36 PM       
If it can be used to make a good quality vhs to dvd transfer, thats what I really care about.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Apr 25th, 2004, 11:22 PM       
FOOL! NOW JIXBY IS GOING TO WANT TO KEEP IT!
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 26th, 2004, 02:03 AM       
i want one of those too i want one that cna capture 640x480 at 30 fps

Old Apr 26th, 2004, 11:46 PM       
jixby has a dvd recorder which is probably why he offered the capture card to me.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 27th, 2004, 12:03 AM       
and he has a tivo or used to
Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Apr 27th, 2004, 12:20 AM       
The computor is only meant for going on the internet with not makind DVDs with get with the program guys
OH GOD
Old Apr 27th, 2004, 12:41 AM       
w/e i make dvds all the time on ym computor