Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Oct 14th, 2010, 09:04 AM       
Ummm, the new Amityville horror wasn't that great except for one thing.
Spoilers!

Since its the season we watched
Dr Tongue's 3D House
The Doctor is probably a spambot
Old Oct 14th, 2010, 09:09 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by elx View Post
dudeee last night i was watching the '82 amityville horror flick. seriously the worst movie ever. we didn't even finish. is the whole series that crappy?
The first one ('79) was decent and followed the "true" story in the book. Just how true the events are all in who you listen to, but it was an enjoyable movie and I imagine you could easily sit through the entire film. There was a cool documentary where they question the validity of the events, where George Lutz (owner during the time of the events) was ticked at the sequels. The '05 remake with Ryan Reynolds was horrible, but I do suggest watching the original. As for any one after the second I haven't bothered with.
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 18th, 2010, 08:04 AM       
THE HUDSUCKER PROXY
i believe i very recently said that the coen brothers could do no wrong. i was mistaken. this movie is terrible.

KILL!
not bad, but it was no kurosawa!

THE ORPHANAGE
booooring.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 18th, 2010, 10:32 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaarg View Post
THE HUDSUCKER PROXY
i believe i very recently said that the coen brothers could do no wrong. i was mistaken. this movie is terrible.
That one would be my favorite, were it not for Miller's Crossing.
Forum Virgin
shekk is probably a spambot
Old Oct 18th, 2010, 01:31 PM        wild zero
i want an animated gif of when you see that chiq is a manjob in this movie.
watched it again last night.

facts are useless things -reagan
Shadowdancer21b is probably a spambot
Old Oct 18th, 2010, 01:52 PM       
I watched Stay Alive. It sucks big time.
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 18th, 2010, 04:58 PM       
haha, fucking guitar wolf.

i know i've seen wild zero, but all i remember about it is that it's the guitar wolf movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
That one would be my favorite, were it not for Miller's Crossing.
i really don't get the positive reviews for hudsucker. what's so good about it?

honestly, i think they did a better job with blood simple, haha. at least people died in that one!

(have yet to see miller's crossing, it's not streaming on netflix and it's just been added to the dvd queue, so there's something in the neighborhood of 493 dvds above it)
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 18th, 2010, 05:02 PM       
I dig the era, and it's exactly every fantasy I've ever had about it - the fast-talking business-y types are awesome. Paul Newman, Tim Robbins, Jennifer Jason Leigh, etc. All amazing in this movie. And how could you not love the extruded plastic dingus?

I have the feeling you might be disappointed with Miller's Crossing, not that I believe it's not good. I dunno. Just seems like it gets washed away by the Untouchables and the Godfather series.
Old Oct 19th, 2010, 06:29 AM       
as long as it's got people dying, it should be good. that's what the coens do best.

also, yeah, i really didn't like the fast-talking perspective.

the testament of dr. mabuse
kind of long, but cool. there's a chase scene that i really liked.
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Oct 19th, 2010, 11:44 AM       
Machete

Meh. Far better than Expendables, but still kinda lame. The first half hour was awesome, but then they tried to put way too much plot in this gorefest and it became boring as hell.

Leon - The director's cut

One of the best action movies ever.

Brazil

I have never seen this for some reason, altough I love Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas and 12 Monkeys. It was almost as good as those two. Loved it, and the ending was beautiful and sad at the same time.

Predators

I was expecting the worst, but I was entertained. So...I dunno. It's ok I guess. Better than those AvsP atrocities.

Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story

The hell with this shit.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Oct 19th, 2010, 01:23 PM       
Walk Hard had a few laughes but it could have been a 30 minute movie. We watched the extended version of it and it just went onnnnnnnnnn.
Old Oct 19th, 2010, 05:34 PM       
all i remember liking from walk hard is tim meadows.

but that's because i like tim meadows a lot.

(matt besser was also in it but i think he had two lines and neither was supposed to be funny)

but yeah that movie sucked.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 19th, 2010, 05:55 PM       
ALL I REMEMBER LIKING FROM IT IS THE DRUG SCENES

"ITS THE LEAST ADDICTIVE DRUG. THIS ISNT FOR YOU. NO. IT HAS NO LONG TERM SIDE EFFECTS." all angry faced
Old Oct 20th, 2010, 02:31 PM       
yeah, the tim meadows parts, haha.
Unfunny Python Reference
Ex Leper is probably a real personEx Leper is probably a real person
Old Oct 20th, 2010, 04:15 PM       
THE SCREAM TRILOGY
in anticipation for the what will most likely be a mediocre follow up trilogy.
SKATASTIC
Old Oct 21st, 2010, 02:39 PM       
Oh no. Really?
SKATASTIC
Old Oct 21st, 2010, 02:48 PM       
should be the star.
Unfunny Python Reference
Ex Leper is probably a real personEx Leper is probably a real person
Old Oct 21st, 2010, 06:18 PM       
I agree.
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Oct 21st, 2010, 07:46 PM       
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 24th, 2010, 07:20 AM       
i watched GRAVEYARD OF HONOR which i really liked

Spoilers!
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Oct 24th, 2010, 07:59 PM       
I SAW PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 2

IT SUCKED SLIGHTLY LESS THEN THE FIRST ONE

BUT IT WAS STILL HORRIBLE
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 24th, 2010, 10:11 PM       
I watched Temple Grandin and even though it ran rather long, I loved the hell out of that movie. But then, I like biographies and true stories so I'm guessing it's not for everyone.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Oct 25th, 2010, 01:41 AM       
Watched Back to the Future Pt 1 again. The last few minutes of the movie leading up to the lightning strike are still incredibly painful to watch. JUST PLUG IT IN DOC COME ON MARTY NEEDS TO GO HOME YOU ONLY HAVE A MINUTE LEFT OH FUCK NOW THAT END IS UNPLUGGED JESUS CHRIST HURRY OH GREAT THE CAR ISN'T WORKING GOD DAMMIT WHY ARE THESE 4 MINUTES SO EXCRUCIATING.

Shadowdancer21b is probably a spambot
Old Oct 25th, 2010, 02:12 AM       
The Elvira version of "The Giant Gila Monster." So bad it's good.
Old Oct 25th, 2010, 07:28 AM       
batteries not included
a silly 80s movie about tiny alien robot things that fix things up for some old people.