Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 02:37 AM        Let's play the Actor Game
Saw this going around on Facebook and thought it would be fun to do on here. It's pretty simple: You reply to this thread saying "I wanna play!" and I give you an actor's name via PM. You then have to edit your post and list one movie you love, one movie you like and one movie you don't like of theirs. If you like, you can include why you love, like or hate said movie as well. You can also include an "honorable mention" film if you like.

After you make your post, it's your responsibility to send the next person, who replies after your post, an actor that they have to post about.

IMPORTANT NOTE #1: Please only send your actor / actress assignments to each other via PM as to not clutter up this thread.

IMPORTANT NOTE #2: Please keep up with the thread until you've made your post AND you've sent an assignment to somebody else as well. If you make your own post but take long to send somebody their assignment, it will only slow down the thread. If somebody takes longer than 24 hours to give you your assignment, please let me know and I'll either get them to send you one or I'll send you one myself.

Here, I'll provide my own example of how each post would look:

Quote:
I wanna play!

I was assigned Steve Buscemi by [insert user name here]

A Steve Buscemi movie I love: Fargo
Why: Easily one of the Coen brother's best films, and Buscemi is perfect in it. Seeing him get annoyed with his mute partner and his ever-growing frustration never gets old.)

A Steve Buscemi movie I like: Things To Do In Denver When You're Dead
Why: It's n absolutely awesome cast and a great movie that I never felt got enough exposure when it was released. Buscemi plays a small role as "Mister Shhh" but it's highly memorable seeing him as a silent, seemingly unstoppable hitman since he doesn't exactly have a threatening appearance.

A Steve Buscemi movie I don't like: Armageddon
Why: Steve may have the funniest moments in the film, but that doesn't save it from being a bloated turd filled with more cliches than any movie should ever have. It also has more Ben Afflecks than any movie should ever have.

Honorable mention: The Search for One-eye Jimmy
Why: It's a great little independent film that virtually nobody saw, particularly because it was only released on VHS, but it has some great performances by Steve Buscemi, Samuel Jackson, John Turturro, Michael Badalucco and more. Definitely worth watching if you can track it down.

Ok, who wants to play next?
Easy enough, right? Good. Don't fuck it up.

Ok, who wants to play next?

Last edited by Mockery : Jul 28th, 2011 at 05:00 PM.