Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old Jun 26th, 2006, 12:15 AM        A History of Violence
A decent enough movie. Good cast (Viggo!), great action and Fatalities with stiff acting and laughable dialogue.

Story goes, murderers cut through small towns to avoid detection, arrive at Viggo's diner, start shit, he does his thing and kills them. His hero status attracts some mobsters from Philly who think they know him, and the rest is history.

SPOILER:

Viggo kept saying that he wasn't the guy they were looking for, and I wanted it to be that way, or something. I wanted it to be a movie where this average guy kills people in amazing ways to protect his family. Instead, it turns out he is the guy they're looking for, a former mobster named Joey, and the plot went downhill from there. Very disappointing

-Sethomas, Cunning Linguist
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jun 26th, 2006, 12:37 AM       
I haven't seen this yet, but every year there's a movie my dad won't shut up about and this is it.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old Jun 26th, 2006, 01:18 AM       
As I see it, it was really overhyped. It coulda been that movie for me but it really lost steam halfway through. I was on the edge my my couch for a good part of it, every time I thought I saw one of the bad guys I got this sick feeling. It was something you can identify with, not even having safety in your own house among your family. Then they shit all over us by twisting the plot like that and making it a half-rate mobster movie.

-Sethomas, Cunning Linguist
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jun 28th, 2006, 12:39 PM       
Guys, guys... you're missing the point here. The point is you get to see Viggo's ass-thrusting action in the hallway and his face burried in that woman's crotch.

Yeah, the movie was a big let-down.
ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old Jun 28th, 2006, 12:51 PM       
agreed. but it wasn't just a hallway; it was a stairway. :O