Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 04:09 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu View Post
how did this thread get so long so fast
Idiots attract criticism.

Of course, I don't understand why all of the focus isn't on Gothtard.
Proprietor of Propaganda
Gabby GaGa is probably a spambot
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 06:53 PM       
"The Vedantic perception of the Rigveda has moved away from the original ritualistic content to a more symbolic or mystical interpretation. For example, instances of animal sacrifice
are not seen as literal slaughtering but as transcendental processes."
Clearly, this is an indication that original traditions have succumbed to modernist views.
now that we have that covered,
I have read the Rig Veda many times over,
which would certainly be an overload for your puny mind.
So tell me, my dear,
if the hindu strives for nothingness,
then why is half of the Rig Veda in praise of enjoying the earth.
You obviously dont know jack shit about buddah.
If he was such a follower of hinduism,
then why is there an entirely seperate system of beliefes centered around his teachings.
?
poemed out, huh?
sounds like you don't read much.
Linguistic skills don't equal poetry.
idiot.
right now,
your commiting the worst sin
being boring.
your circular and repetitive arguments
only reenforce my point
that you park your fat ass in front of the computer
and hope it covers your diminishing, if even existent
social life.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 07:03 PM       
You obviously don't read. Like I said, nobody practices vedic hinduism anymore. It wasn't displaced by "Modern" practices. The vedic teachings were displaced because the culture itself changed. Philosophies change over time, sister moon dumbass. After buddha came along, buddhism became the most popular religion because layman could practice it. Hinduism changed to adopt to this standard by becoming more accessible to people who weren't born into the Brahmanic religion.
Secondly, even vedic hinduism is an amalgamation of Dravidic, Harrapan and Aryan belief systems.

All Indian Philosophies have fairly similar teachings, just slightly different. The biggest difference between Hinduism and Buddhism is that buddhism doesn't believe in gods. Other than that, buddha was essentially a hindu.
You see, the difference between my argument and your argument is that you don't understand philosophy or the meaning of the underlying teachings. I, however, do, because I have both a brain and "College credits represent yo".
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 07:04 PM       
you didn't answer my question about which gods were opposed in the vedas. Seems like it would be an easy question to answer.
I b Willies Cookie Tester
Lenor sucksLenor sucks
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 07:13 PM       
Kahl, I was joking with you, its funny how that is about the only time, you've ever took anything I've said seriously.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 07:21 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabby GaGa View Post
I've known some of the greats of so-called prophesy.
your internet connection means nothing to me.

I have experianced first-hand.

You are so incredibly deep and spiritual!!

Please, tell me about these life-changing mind-blowing religious experiences you've experienced first hand! Tell me about the greats of so-called prophesy! I sit at your feet and await your wisdom, Swami GaGa!

Quote:

What you are failing to do
is separate modern hinduism and the old way.
Modern hinduism was corrupt by christian purist ideas in the 1800’s, and earlier when Siddartha sent out his legions of followers. When his disciples traveled around india, they subtly tried to incorporate the original hindu way of debauchery with siddarthas teachings.

When you went to India, did you enlighten all those misguided Hindus around you with this Truth? I hope you did! I'm sure that they're much better and more enlightened people for having listend to you!
BANNED

Old Mar 7th, 2007, 08:18 PM       
I like how in your (jeanettes) second quote she goes fro saying that modern hinduism was corrupted in the 19th century to it being corruped 2000 years earlier. How do you even do that? Can corruption take place twice thousands of years a part? And how did christianity corrupt hinduism?
lol

The Upishanadas are part of the vedic period of text, and are also the culmination of it. Hence, "Vedanta philosophy". Even to early hindus, the vedas were a bit inconsistent. The hindu religion was not "corrupted"; as if the vedas weren't already a corruption of other religions, and wasn't inconsistent as hell. Upishanadas I believe also came into existence well before buddhism, hence their being called Vedic.
Even in the vedas there is talks of being coming from non-being, which is a fantastic philosophy. It's in Nasadiyasuka.

Also, I never said that pleasure and wealth on earth weren't allowed in the hindu religion, just that the religous and spiritual goals weren't directed towards them. I mean, do you even realize how retarded you sound equating religion and philosophies to wealth and pleasure on earth? lol. I don't know, that's just damned funny to me. THE GOAL OF RELIGION IS TO EAT A LOT OF CHOCOLATE DUUUUUH! the goal of philosophy is to have fun skateboarding and stuff!
I also never said that people aren't supposed to be happy. What I said is that your understanding of indian philosophy and the religion itself is rather ridiculous.

The reason for sacrafices in the rigveda is because the earlier Vedic gods were mostly naturalistic gods. You know, like gods of the wind, of fire, of storms. These gods represented real natural forces, and by praying and sacraficing to them they thought they were insured successful crops from successful rain. Just like every other religion.
(many) Vedic gods were representations of natural forces, all the "Demons" or "Evil" of vedic gods were naturalistic. When two completely different cultures combined, Harrapan/Dravidian and the Aryans, there was a combination of two completely different types of culture/religion. The Aryans were HERDERS and lived and mountains, so most of their gods were typically maleish and warlike (Aryans, like most herding societies, were also the societies that invaded farming societies). Dravidian and Harrapan, however, were farming societies. So their gods (Goddesses) were related to getting lots of rain to grow crops and stuff. All this occured BEFORE the rgveda was written, and in fact the Rgveda is partly about them invading. The rgveda also wasn't even compiled as a complete text for a few hundred years, but I don't expect you to understand the relevance of that.
When the aryans invaded and combined cultures with the indu civilizations of the time frame, an entirely new culture/religion was created. That's the basis of modern hinduism: Combinations of different religions to bring about a type of evolutionary success. Hinduism adopted some parts of buddhism so they could compete, culturally and socially, with the buddhistic religion. So, as you can see, one consistent factor throughout the entire hindu timeframe is that they took ideas from different cultures and became "The best".

INTERESTING NOTE: NATURALISTIC, or what could be called WORLDLY gods, are called ASURAS, whereas the other, higher gods are called DEvAS. In the puranas and other hindu writings, ASURAS are demons and DEvAS are good gods. HOW INTERESTING THAT THE "DEMONS" CAME FROM NATURALISTIC GODS.

One important thing because you're stupid: Yes, sacrafices did fade away under "Modern" views. lol. Sacrafices had mostly faded away by the time the UPISHANADAS came out, which were written by UNCORRUPTED hindus. The UPISHINADAS are considered a VEDIC text. lol. Me talking about the philosophy of the vedas means im talking about the traditional views, not the "Modern" ones.

I still don't see how any of this has to do with worshipping of the self. So like u h... where in the vedas does it say to worship the self? Because you still haven't said that. My logic may be cyclical, but at least it's consistent and not ignorant.

Last edited by kahljorn : Mar 7th, 2007 at 09:47 PM.
Queen of the Beasts
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 09:20 PM       
Quote:
My writing earned me two awards and a book deal.
what has your done?
hmm?
Quote:
Because I'm not keen on impressing people who spend every waking moment on the Internet.
Will meditating upon this strange contradiction help lead me to moksha, Guru GaGa?
BANNED

Old Mar 7th, 2007, 09:38 PM       
If this chick sticks around she could become the new Vince or KKK
PROSPECTS
Proprietor of Propaganda
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 09:54 PM       
kkk? what the fuck?
the internet, I don’t give half a shit about.
Real people, not "0"s and "1"s,
matter to me.
Yes, we have gotten off topic.
Worship of the self was the original point.
Hindus are more concerned with self satisfaction,
rather then conforming to texts designed for "law" .
When I say I've experienced first hand,
I’m not saying I’m any better or smarter then you.
Well, maybe a little bit.
Anyways,
What I've been trying to say
is that living with them, understand each person-to-person contact,
is much different then studying texts in-depth.
I must say, you have an excellent knowledge of the technical aspect,
but the spirit of the belief is much different. the personal interface that i experienced,
with India,
shows me that the written word
and the practice
are much different.
I used to think the technical, written word was the standard,
but when you are actually there, in the Mecca of it all,
you see how people really have a general naturalization to the practices.
It's similar, in a weird way, to war (the most cliched example of all time)
Reading about it is alot different then experiencing it.
You seem very devoted to this. You actually should take a trip to India one day,
and you’ll see what I mean.
BANNED

Old Mar 7th, 2007, 10:27 PM       
Quote:
"What I've been trying to say
is much different then studying texts in-depth. "

What you're trying to say here is that I have knowledge of TRADITIONAL, real (UNCORRUPTED VEDIC) hinduism, and you have knowledge of the "corrupted" modern day hindu person who has been influenced by the west. Alright, I think I get your point. Hilarious though that your entire argument this point has been more against yourself than me. Good job.

Again, one of my best friends is an ayurvedic practicioner, and I've attended temples/festivals with them before - in fact I attended new years and all those other festivals last year. I know what indians are like. However, my indian friend also had an enforced marriage. how's that for not conforming to laws?
The purpose of the laws is to build a society you can enjoy. That's the social aspect of it. There's also a political nature to it, and religous, and philosophical. "Worshipping of the self" and "Satanism" are forms of philosophy.

Quote:
"Hindus are more concerned with self satisfaction,
rather then conforming to texts designed for "law" ."
Oh really is that why there was a strictly enforced caste system for thousands of years? yes, that must be why. All those shudras loved their positions. Also enforced marriage etc. am i right?

Quote:

I guess. I'm talking about philosophy, you're talking about the way people socialize. shut the fuck up.
BANNED

Old Mar 7th, 2007, 10:28 PM       
guys i think ive won this argument now

i love backing people into a corner until they fuck up.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 10:51 PM       
Quote:

Holy shit, it's than...THAN!
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 10:52 PM       
JUST LOCK IT

MAKE IT STOP

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Proprietor of Propaganda
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 10:53 PM       
than
than
than..
now you can have a heart attack.

kkk? what the fuck?
the internet, I don’t give half a shit about.
Real people, not "0"s and "1"s,
matter to me.
Yes, we have gotten off topic.
Worship of the self was the original point.
Hindus are more concerned with self satisfaction,
rather then conforming to texts designed for "law" .
Anyways,
What I've been trying to say
is much different then studying texts in-depth.
I must say, you have an excellent knowledge of the technical aspect,
but the spirit of the belief is much different. the personal interface that i experienced,
with India,
shows me that the written word
and the practice
are much different.
I used to think the technical, written word was the standard,
but when you are actually there, in the Mecca of it all,
you see how people really have a general naturalization to the practices.
It's similar, in a weird way, to war (the most cliched example of all time)
You seem very devoted to this. You actually should take a trip to India one day,
and you’ll see what I mean.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 10:59 PM       
Ok, did you just copy/paste the same thing?

I care about 1's and 0's. And because I care so much about 1's and 0's, I'm moving this abortion of a thread to general blabber. Enjoy.
BANNED

Old Mar 7th, 2007, 11:45 PM       
that's a completely true history of the hindu culture.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 8th, 2007, 12:08 AM       
This thread makes me sad in relation to the human soul.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Mar 8th, 2007, 12:26 PM       
HAY GUYS! WHO HERE IS A "0"? WHO HERE IS A "1"?

BINARIES UNITE!
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Mar 8th, 2007, 12:28 PM       
Oomba Oomba Oomba Dore
Oomba Oomba Oomba Dore

Oooooh, and all our gods and heroes

Are only ones and zeros...

Join hands and sing along, everything we know is wrong!

I would be a "0".

Back on topic, an artist I know travels to India and does charitable work several times a year. He's fascinated with the culture, and converses with anyone there that he can engage in conversation. He talks about India a lot, and is very interested in raising awareness about the country, its religion, and its people.

Anway, I related the gist of your ideas to him, and he was highly amused.
BANNED

Old Mar 8th, 2007, 12:52 PM       
lol.
Who's ideas, and what did he say?
I b Willies Cookie Tester
Lenor sucksLenor sucks
Old Mar 8th, 2007, 01:30 PM       
Binary Code: 1001101011100

Which stands for, I have to agree that the only way to really learn about different cultures, and their heritage. Would be to live among those people, not just visit for a few weeks, read about it, or find out through someone else's travels.

I've been to China, visited several temples, walked on the great wall, and meditated outside of a Buddhist Temple, along-side the Monks.

And you know what I will only say I learned?

How to say Vodka in Mandarin Chinese, they suck at driving, and they serve alcohol at McDonald's.

ROAD TRIP anyone?
BANNED

Old Mar 8th, 2007, 01:35 PM       
you guys are stupid if you think you can't learn about a culture by reading about it. Good job shitting on the entire point of anthropology and history, and the teaching of it in colleges.
Both of you two should just give up ever using your brain and trying to sound smart.

to learn about ancient cultures that not longer exist (like ancient indu civilizations) you can't exactly go there and live among them because they are dead. duuuUUUuh
BANNED

Old Mar 8th, 2007, 01:37 PM       
do you guys even know what a culture is? it's just a reaction to the environment.
Queen of the Beasts
Old Mar 8th, 2007, 01:39 PM       
Quote:
poemed out, huh?
sounds like you don't read much.
Linguistic skills don't equal poetry.
idiot.
Writing a bunch of sentence fragments is hardly what I'd call "linguistic skills".

I don't believe that you are a published author. Prove it to me by linking to your books on Amazon.com.