Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

FlakTrooper is probably a spambot
Old May 7th, 2003, 09:53 AM        Mettlica Icon on Mtv
My roomate was all jazzed about watching it so I thought what the Hell I would too. I should have known better. They did a half ass bio of metallica which barely mentioned Cliff Burton at all. I think there was like two quick things about him. The covers people did of Metallica songs were terrible. Avril tried Fuel, even though she said she like old Metallica better. She completely ruined the song beyond all belief. Fred Durst destroyed Santitarium with his stuid habbit of chanting certain lyrics over and over. Then there was Snoop. Poor Snoop. He may be super cool, but he just should not be doing anything remotely rock. Stainds cover of Nothing Else Matters was good, but they cut them off. Korn did well with One, though they missed a lot of parts. Finnaly Metallica played at the very end of the show. They played a lot of old songs, which I enjoyed. For they last song they played something new. It wasnt too bad if you forget about everything from And Justice For All back. I was enjoying their new hard-rockish song for what it was, then Mtv cuts it off. I should have known better than to trust Mtv to play anything actually decent.

CastroMotorOil is probably a spambot
Old May 8th, 2003, 03:26 PM       
I thankfully missed staind avril and snoop, good lord I cannot even imagine how bad snoop must have been. KoRn was pretty cool, they didn't do the best part of the song (the end) but i thought they didn't mess up badly at all. Limp biskit was better then i thought they would be, i personally hate fred durst but he manged to not screw up the lyrics but i did not like the guitar on that song. The best part was that Hammet looked sooooo forced when limp was playing, Hetfield looked sorta forced as well. I still think that Lars is the person responsible for metallica's downfall. The bio sucked ass, NEVER FORGET FUCKING CLIFF! The part when metallica played was pretty sweet actually, and the new song is not as bad as their other newer stuff. But then agian i just want them to be good so bad that i will grasp onto to anything remotely decent
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old May 8th, 2003, 03:29 PM       
I didnt watch it nor do I care. But Matt Walsh was in the comercials for it, and that is pretty fuckin cool.

Generator86 is probably a spambot
Old May 8th, 2003, 06:52 PM       
DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

AVRIL=METAL!

Anyways, um, yeah. Sorry. I thought (and God strike me dead for saying this) Sum 41 probably did the best job of covering Metallica. I forget which song it was, though.

Quote:
you type well for being drunk...

EvilDeadAsh is probably a spambot
Old May 8th, 2003, 10:46 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Generator86
DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

AVRIL=METAL!

Anyways, um, yeah. Sorry. I thought (and God strike me dead for saying this) Sum 41 probably did the best job of covering Metallica. I forget which song it was, though.
They did For Whom The Bell Tolls, Enter Sandman, and the solo/part of the last half of Master Of Puppets.

Oh, and the last song, the new one by Metallica, is entitled Frantic which is off their upcoming album St. Anger.

CastroMotorOil is probably a spambot
Old May 8th, 2003, 10:52 PM       
The new song was alright, i am gonna probably end up buying the new album even though i will hate it i used to be a diehard fan of metallica nad old habits are hard to shake, i just keep wanting them to be awesome again