Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 05:43 PM        ATTN: Kevin the Plant-eater
I must have missed this. How did you get from upstate NY to Austin, TX?
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 06:35 PM       
I graduated from the ivory tower in May, and I am currently serving a 10 month service with AmeriCorps in Austin, TX. I tutor kindergarten children in an Austin public elementary school, with an emphasis on literacy and phonemic development. Anyway, yeah, that's why I'm in Texas. Not sure if this is a permanent thing just yet, or if I'll be back in NY next Fall. We shall see....
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 07:39 PM       
So, you are polluting the minds of children with your pinko, commie, god-hating, queer loving propaganda right from the start?
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 08:12 PM       
I dearly hope you're not serious, Blanco.
Mocker
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 01:07 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Blanco
So, you are polluting the minds of children with your pinko, commie, god-hating, queer loving propaganda right from the start?
YOUR MOM.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 01:26 AM       
I might move to texas soon
Mocker
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 01:47 PM       
Quote:
YOUR MOM.
....is a wonderful and lovely human being who just brought over some chicken soup because I'm sick.
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 03:56 PM       
I was going to say "just make sure you don't feed them your liberal propaganda", but Blanco got here before me.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 04:22 PM        Re: ATTN: Kevin the Plant-eater
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspadowsky
I must have missed this. How did you get from upstate NY to Austin, TX?
I-69, I think.

Wherever you go, there you are.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 06:51 PM       
*refrains from a 69 joke*

Mocker
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 07:08 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The One and Only...
I was going to say "just make sure you don't feed them your liberal propaganda", but Blanco got here before me.
Yeah, I should instead be teaching them how they should privatize their 5th grade costume ball.
Mocker
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 07:11 PM       
Or maybe you shouldn't talk about politics at all.
Mocker
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 08:07 PM       
Is it hard to be a jackass, or does it simply come kind of effortless to you....?

punkgrrrlie10 is probably a spambot
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 09:08 PM       
If it were hard to be a jackass, then there would not be so many of them.
Mocker
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 09:50 PM       
It's a gift.

BTW, Kevin, I fear for you. I checked up on the Texas State Republican Party platform. Let me show you some of the things I think we can both agree are scary:

"Congress should be urged to exercise its authority under Article III, Sections 1 and 2 of the United States Constitution, and should withhold appellate jurisdiction of the Supreme Court in such cases involving abortion, religious freedom, and all rights guaranteed under the Bill of Rights."

"Our Party pledges to do everything within its power to restore the original intent of the First Amendment of the United States and the concept of the separation of Church and State and dispel the myth of the separation of Church and State."

"The party opposes the decriminalization of sodomy....We publicly rebuke judges Chief Justice Murphy and John Anderson, who ruled that the 100 year-old Texas sodomy law is unconstitutional, and ask that all members of the Republican Party of Texas oppose their re-election."

"The Party affirms its support for a human life amendment to the Constitution and we endorse making clear that the Fourteenth Amendment’s protection applies to unborn children."

"No homosexual or any individual convicted of child abuse or molestation should have the right to custody or adoption of a minor child, and that visitation with minor children by such persons should be limited to supervised periods."

"The Party believes that scientific topics, such as the question of universe and life origins and environmental theories, should not be constrained to one opinion or viewpoint. We support the teaching equally of scientific strengths and weaknesses of all scientific theories--as Texas now requires (but has yet to enforce) in public school science course standards. We urge revising all environmental education standards to require this also. We support individual teachers’ right to teach creation science in Texas public schools."

"The Party urges Congress to support HJR 77, the Panama and America Security Act, which declare the Carter-Torrijos Treaty null and void. We support re-establishing United States control over the Canal in order to retain our military bases in Panama, to preserve our right to transit through the Canal, and to prevent the establishment of Chinese missile bases in Panama."

That's not even taking consideration of their economic policies, which I, no doubt, am sure you don't want to see.
Mocker
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 11:34 PM       
Well, it is Texas afterall.

I don't know that I'll be here beyond next July anyway, but I live in Austin. Those Republicans have little sway here....
Mocker
The_Rorschach is probably a spambot
Old Oct 10th, 2003, 02:18 AM       
I'm just glad its not me. I'd teach them to sing along with Blitzkrieg Bop and the three finger technique for unclasping bras. I'd also make them goose-step when marching in ranks on fieldtrips and to respond promptly to all questions by shouting "BAD TOUCH!"
Mocker
Old Oct 10th, 2003, 08:56 AM       
If I ever taught a classroom of kids, they'd only need one finger.