Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 17th, 2011, 03:40 PM       
Went through Dead Space 2 in a couple nights. Contemplating a hardcore run, but I don't think I can justifying having to lose 2-3 hours of play, especially if it comes as a result of something stupid like a blown window.

With More Yes Than Ever
DougClayton4231 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 17th, 2011, 04:09 PM       
Just played Bulletstorm. Do yourself a favor and don't waste your money. It feels like a game from 1997 with HD graphics along with the worst dialog I've heard since Earth Defense Force. I barely got through the introductory mission before I contemplated snapping the disc.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 17th, 2011, 04:19 PM       
You've got to give me more than that because I loved the dialog from EDF.

Also, didn't Duke Nukem 3D come out around '97? That was a fun game.

taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 17th, 2011, 04:54 PM       
got mvc3 i beat the game twice fought a couple of times online before i could figure out how to switch characters and finally asked a dude online lol

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Feb 17th, 2011, 05:22 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie View Post
Went through Dead Space 2 in a couple nights. Contemplating a hardcore run, but I don't think I can justifying having to lose 2-3 hours of play, especially if it comes as a result of something stupid like a blown window.
I'm beating it on Zealot first. Are there still checkpoints in Hardcore?
Funky Dynamite
Old Feb 17th, 2011, 06:23 PM       
No checkpoints. You die, you have to load your last save.

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 17th, 2011, 06:34 PM       
That sounds awesome. I'm gonna love playing it.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Feb 17th, 2011, 07:24 PM       
Oh fuckkkk. Well, apparently the monster's damage and your health is at about Survivalist, but the ammo is at Zealot level. So far, Zealot hasn't been too much of a problem for me, so I think I can do this, as long as I break it up over two or three days.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 17th, 2011, 07:34 PM       
Then it's gonna be so easy. The only problem I have on Survivalist is the amount of ammo, which I constantly run out of. I've almost got it beat, though. I believe I'm on chapter 13 or 14.
With More Yes Than Ever
Old Feb 17th, 2011, 08:19 PM       
Bulletstorm reminds me of games like Turok 3, where you can just shoot enemies all day and they won't die. The level design is modern (read: straight shot to the finish). It just feels completely generic and the story seems like it was written by a emotionally challenged 12 year old. The voice acting isn't funny at all, it's just horrible. Honest to god, one of the actors utters the line "Holy piss shit" in the first level.

It's really sad, I had hope that this was going to be a decent game.

On another note, Dead Space 2 completely failed to scare me and I'm at chapter 11. Do I have anything to look forward to or should I just stop playing?
Token Bleeding Heart
Old Feb 17th, 2011, 08:31 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
Then it's gonna be so easy. The only problem I have on Survivalist is the amount of ammo, which I constantly run out of. I've almost got it beat, though. I believe I'm on chapter 13 or 14.
On Zealot mode, you get half the ammo in drops; 3 plasma charges, 2 (sometimes 1) force gun/ripper ammo, I think 16 pulse rounds... It sucks, but I got used to it pretty quick.
Frankly, it didn't scare me too terribly much, either. There were moments were I got startled, and a LOT were I was paranoid, but it didn't make me lose any sleep.
With More Yes Than Ever
Old Feb 17th, 2011, 09:34 PM       
I haven't been paranoid or scared once. I'm not difficult to scare either, which is the weird thing. The first game also managed to not be the least bit scary.

I played a bit more of Bulletstorm which resulted in me hearing the worst sentence ever uttered in English: "You scared the dick off me." WHO WROTE THIS?
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 17th, 2011, 10:13 PM       
I'm playing through SOnic 4 after getting sick of Dead Space. GOD. Why did I buy this tripe? I'm shallow enough to say that the graphics just ruin it completely.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Feb 18th, 2011, 10:39 PM       
GUYS, THAT GAME "STACKING" IS TITS
Funky Dynamite
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 05:12 PM       
Tried the demo for "Dungeons" last night.

It has some of the Dungeon Keeper feel to it, but I didn't really like the gameplay as a whole. Instead of accumulating wealth and fending off snooping heroes, you have to build up wealth and use it to bait heroes to visit your dungeon, killing them only after they've had their fill of your gold (filling their "need" bar), but before they can escape. You can lay down monster lairs, but the monsters mainly exist to fill the heroes' combat "need" bar. Plus, they never leave their lairs for any reason.

So whenever you need to kill a hero, you have to do it yourself with your evil avatar. It sounds fulfilling, but in practice you feel more like you're micromanaging a daycare center.

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 05:44 PM       
Do you get your gold back when you off the hero?
Funky Dynamite
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 06:19 PM       
You do, yes.

When all they want is gold, turnaround isn't too bad, but when they want to fight, you wind up having to keep a close eye on them while you're trying to focus on dungeon expansion/objectives.

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 08:08 PM       
It sounds kind of fun on paper,
Funky Dynamite
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 08:33 PM       
It loses a lot in the execution. Having a strong evil lord sounds great, but when you have to do everything yourself, it loses a lot of the fun factor.

Having finally tried the 360 Bulletstorm demo, I am now a lot less broken up about the PC version not getting a demo. The trick shot thing just isn't doing it for me, and the dialog... I like over-the-top, and yet this game has shown me that there is a limit to that liking.

On the other hand, I can't wait for the Zero Punctuation review.

With More Yes Than Ever
Old Feb 20th, 2011, 11:03 AM       
I told you Dr. Boogie lol. It's just annoying, not entertaining.
Funky Dynamite
Old Feb 20th, 2011, 03:22 PM       
I was expecting bad, but I wasn't expecting to start things off with a 20-minute video of Steve Blum shouting 5th grade insults at me.

pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Feb 20th, 2011, 08:40 PM       
Sounds like my kind of party.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Feb 21st, 2011, 12:31 AM       
http://greatgatsbygame.com/

made of fantastic
SKATASTIC
Old Feb 21st, 2011, 10:49 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie View Post
It loses a lot in the execution. Having a strong evil lord sounds great, but when you have to do everything yourself, it loses a lot of the fun factor.

Having finally tried the 360 Bulletstorm demo, I am now a lot less broken up about the PC version not getting a demo. The trick shot thing just isn't doing it for me, and the dialog... I like over-the-top, and yet this game has shown me that there is a limit to that liking.

On the other hand, I can't wait for the Zero Punctuation review.
It reminds me of this old made up game by PSM called "LAST BOSS"

Where you wait for hours on end for the hero to show up and no matter how many times you kill him he'll get revived and fight you again.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Feb 21st, 2011, 01:41 PM       
Makes me want to load up the ole Dungeon Keeper.