Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Apr 13th, 2006, 02:21 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer
that and the mission that is named "Shadow over Hackdirt"

i stole the book of the deep ones from their church but man i was kind of hoping to actually get to fight a nameless horror of some sort
How do you get that mission? I went in and just searched around without having a mission to do

And yeah, you need to stay for like 10 hours then you wake up and it's kind of a recreation of the shadow over innsmouth inn scene, only you totally kill them all cause they're pussies :O

That was very funny. Well done.
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Apr 13th, 2006, 06:47 AM       
"And yeah, you need to stay for like 10 hours then you wake up and it's kind of a recreation of the shadow over innsmouth inn scene, only you totally kill them all cause they're pussies"

lol thought that might happen

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 13th, 2006, 08:47 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer
that and the mission that is named "Shadow over Hackdirt"

i stole the book of the deep ones from their church but man i was kind of hoping to actually get to fight a nameless horror of some sort
How do you get that mission? I went in and just searched around without having a mission to do

And yeah, you need to stay for like 10 hours then you wake up and it's kind of a recreation of the shadow over innsmouth inn scene, only you totally kill them all cause they're pussies :O
the mission isn't to steal the book but there's a mission to find the argonian shopkeeper's daughter in (forget the nearby town's name, Chorrol?) and the whole thing is highly reminiscent
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Apr 13th, 2006, 11:07 AM       
i was SO pissed when i got that gay amulet.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Apr 13th, 2006, 11:13 AM       
Yeah, the guards chased me all the way into some abandoned ruin after I cold-cocked the bitch while she was sleeping. Fucker actually ran into the ruin after me and all the monsters totally ignored him as I hauled ass looking for some horrifying trap to spring on him. Unfortunately this ruin had NONE, but the guard didn't take my jackie-chan inspired powers into effect, so I slapped the weapon out of his hands and beat him senseless in a stairwell.
Whiter than Alabaster
Old Apr 13th, 2006, 11:44 AM       
the scary relentless guards are not fun for running away from, especialy when they chase you for miles and miles through lakes and caves and such

CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 13th, 2006, 12:05 PM       
IT'S ALL OVER, LAWBREAKER
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Apr 13th, 2006, 03:33 PM       
yeah, you'd think for as often as you hear that that they would have a few more takes of it

i also hate how they force you into paused conversation to yell at you. i think that should be more of a thing where you have to yield to them to start that conversation.

The BREAKING THE LAW BREAKING THE LAW system needs work anyway, considering I can 'z' a plate to just move it, I get a bounty of 1 (though i can punch that plate with no conseqences), and then I can get murdered by the guard for doing it. NO ONE MISPLACES LIBRARY BOOKS ON MY WATCH CUT CUT STAB CUT CUT
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Apr 13th, 2006, 08:11 PM       
I am almost certain that a mod of that system is imminent. I definitely agree that it needs work. The yielding thing would be nice. I also wish you could summon your horse from anywhere, or at least get a notice when they are actually dead. It would also be helpful if you weren't charged for killing a guard on accident with an area effect spell.

Does anyone else have Finger of the Mountain? If you cast a weakness to magicka spell and then a weakness to lightning spell on your victim before you use it, that fucker is almost guaranteed to kill anyone but a guard. I'm still trying to get my .ini hacks to take, so the lightning will be red, have twelve bolts, and 3x as much throwing power :O
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 14th, 2006, 02:31 AM       
i bet that spell would rule, but i don't have enough magicka to CAST it
was never good
Old Apr 15th, 2006, 02:17 PM       
Are there any good mods out yet? :<
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 15th, 2006, 02:20 PM       
They have a few posted on the elderscrolls forum. Including some to fix the gay leveling system, some ai tweaks, and thievery tweaks.

I hate the gay leveling system in this game, I thought maybe they would improve it. Why do they handicap you for picking all the skills you want as major skills? You end up gimped as fuck without getting those x5's ;(
IWORKFORTHEMAN:MAN
Misdemonar is probably a spambot
Old Apr 15th, 2006, 03:06 PM       
Speaking of elder scorlls, I know this isn't relvent to Oblivion, but my morrowind construction set is not showing the rendering.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Apr 15th, 2006, 03:09 PM       
Just select Athletics and Acrobatics for some of your majors. Run around and jump everywhere.
Whiter than Alabaster
Old Apr 15th, 2006, 05:01 PM       
making loads of trips to fort blueblood and back because all the loot you get is damn heavy is quite time consuming

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 15th, 2006, 09:06 PM       
I hate that if I want to have a good character I have to pick the skills i'm going to use most as minor skills and the skills I'm going to use least as major skills.

Who fucking thought of that?
BANNED

Old Apr 16th, 2006, 03:08 AM       
I made a mod so that it's a bit easier to get higher multipliers. If anybody is interested in setting it up themselves the setting is under ilevelup(X)mult where X is the number of skills you've leveled. I basically made mine just a little bit easier, so it wouldn't be over balanced but still be nice enough to level my c haracter. I left the x5 multiplier alone, but made the rest of them possible one level lower, essentially.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Apr 16th, 2006, 03:45 AM       
I though this might be usefull
http://www.gamebanshee.com/oblivion/...s/cyrodiil.jpg
Keg Whore
EisigerBiskuit is probably a spambot
Old Apr 16th, 2006, 01:41 PM       
Don't you just love it when this happens to you?
frunk as duck
Drunkenbrigade is probably a spambot
Old Apr 16th, 2006, 03:13 PM       

Alcoholism- The new fad in todays society. Dont be left out! Get a free "How to drink your way through life!" tape with 2 proofs of purchase with every 24 pack of Budweiser.TM or
Bud-lite.TM
XboxLiveTag-IXISilencerIXI
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Apr 16th, 2006, 04:03 PM       

That was very funny. Well done.
BANNED

Old Apr 16th, 2006, 04:36 PM       
You know you can yield by blocking and pushing space on them, right?
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Apr 16th, 2006, 05:17 PM       
Oh good, I was needing a map with the locations of the gates.

Btw, all of the SS I see of the PC version aren't that pretty, is there not a single person in the world who can turn the graphics and resolution up for this on their PC?
Whiter than Alabaster
Old Apr 16th, 2006, 05:28 PM       
my pc diddnt play it too badly, there was less 'bloom' and the framerate wasnt as great as the xbox version. tex is a wee bit harder to read as im not using a HDtv

was never good
Old Apr 16th, 2006, 05:30 PM       
Some of the mods I'm running now!

Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul 1.2
New version out today! Basically makes mobs appear more frequently and level in a more sensible manner. Guys that are supposed to be challenging have higher level mininums than normal, but aren't set to unlimited level so that there's no bonus for levelling your character. Other neat stuff like clothes & silverware are worth more. The readme on this is ten days long, but it's basically a lot of neat changes that make the game more rewarding. Some other peoples' mods were absorbed into this huge project, including Lyrondor's Upgraded Combat Behavior and Better Water.

Natural Weather/Water by Max Tael
More realistic lighting effects & improved textures for the skies. Shadows moving over the sun make things darker. When it gets foggy, it's more foggyish. The world isn't as dark blue and purple, it's more realistically-tinted. The water is semi-transparent from above, but not overly. Just some neat things.

Natural Wildlife
Changes the animal scripting so that animals don't fight the same as people - Every animal has a chance to run when they notice you and some are more aggressive in certain circumstances than others. They also don't just charge at you and attack until they fall over anymore.

Improved UI
Makes icons smaller and increases various windows' size. Maps up/down arrows to common menu choices.

Topless mod
Terra mode