Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
DehydratedPorkMan DehydratedPorkMan is offline
Out of his element.
DehydratedPorkMan's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Exit 9
Old Jan 18th, 2007, 05:28 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Lover
My Chemical Romance are also there, I'm thinking number three.
Sweet merciful baby Jebus.
__________________

"At that moment an unending stream of traffic crossed over the bridge."
Reply With Quote
  #27  
noob3 noob3 is offline
Banned
noob3's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: WHIRL
Old Jan 18th, 2007, 09:15 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongi
i dont know if i agree with REM. they havent made anything worth listening to in about 15 years or so, but they've made some pretty decent albums

i completely agree about U2 though. if there is one person i'd like to see curb stomped, it's that bleeding heart weapy-eyed cock sucker Bono.

1. Mars fucking Volta
2. weezer (even though they broke up, i'd still like like to see them go lynerd skynerd so there's no chance of a reunion)
3. modest mouse
4. clap your hands say yeah
5. wolf parade
6. broken social scene
I like 3 of those bands :/ modest mouse, clap your hands and say yeah & broken social scene are all good

i guess i'm gay for liking modest mouse/cyhasy but I HAVE A THING FOR ALT-COUNTRY

esp clap your hands and say yeah

that shit is hot
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Rongi Rongi is offline
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: POOF
Old Jan 18th, 2007, 09:26 PM       
i chose those three because those are the bands my friends cant seem to stop talking about or stop playing over and over again ad naseum.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
zeldasbiggestfan zeldasbiggestfan is offline
What
zeldasbiggestfan's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Not Canada.
Old Jan 18th, 2007, 10:19 PM       
My Chemical Romance is added to mine because I just heard one of their songs on the radio and it was fucking horrible. "LOOAOAOAOAONG AGOOOOO." I hate that goddamn pussy moan of his/hers.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
DehydratedPorkMan DehydratedPorkMan is offline
Out of his element.
DehydratedPorkMan's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Exit 9
Old Jan 18th, 2007, 11:22 PM       
What's so gay about Modest Mouse and Broken Social Scene? I didn't even know BSS was widely known. At least they put effort into their albums. None of them sound like copycats.
__________________

"At that moment an unending stream of traffic crossed over the bridge."
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Grislygus Grislygus is offline
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2006
Old Jan 19th, 2007, 10:05 AM       
The only song I've ever heard by Modest Mouse is that "float on" crap, which has to be one of the most singularly annoying songs in recent memory. So I do my best to avoid any of their other songs.

One of my friends loves broken social scene, so I've heard more of their stuff. Too mellow for my tastes, but I don't really find them grating.


Oh, and I'd like to add "any Ozzy Osbourne Tribute Band" to my list.
__________________
IT'S A GOOFY BALL, MATTHEW. NOT A SUPER COMPUTER.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
noob3 noob3 is offline
Banned
noob3's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: WHIRL
Old Jan 20th, 2007, 04:36 AM       
I love people who don't like Modest Mouse because of Float On, it's the only popular song they have and any decent MM fan hates that entire CD because they SOLD OUT! Noone has any sense to go check out the like 11 other CDs they have put out before that stinker
Reply With Quote
  #33  
GADZOOKS GADZOOKS is offline
dipshed
GADZOOKS's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Old Jan 20th, 2007, 05:54 AM       
Insane Clown Posse (because juggalos are scumbags Really?)
Bone Thugs N' Harmony (For making that horrifying Crossroads video)
and any band Bigtimecow listens to

That's it! All you other bands have a happy lives and enjoy the music that you play!
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #34  
DehydratedPorkMan DehydratedPorkMan is offline
Out of his element.
DehydratedPorkMan's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Exit 9
Old Jan 20th, 2007, 05:57 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob3
I love people who don't like Modest Mouse because of Float On, it's the only popular song they have and any decent MM fan hates that entire CD because they SOLD OUT! Noone has any sense to go check out the like 11 other CDs they have put out before that stinker
I didn't really think they sold out. I still saw it decent indie rock and I don't like that term "sold out." I'm not saying this because I started on the Good News album, I got Lonesome Crowded West and one of their EPs. There is no doubt that their back catalogue is awesome but I defy anyone when they say Modest Mouse sold out.
__________________

"At that moment an unending stream of traffic crossed over the bridge."
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Jeanette X Jeanette X is offline
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: in my burrow
Old Jan 20th, 2007, 06:24 AM       
1. NICKELBACK. I'm fucking SICK of turning on the radio and hearing that fucking singer warble his crappy songs at me.

2. Creed.

3. Every metal band with a female soprano in it. That was interesting for about five minutes.

4. Avril Lavigne.

5. Ani Difranco. Her website should be Self-rightousbabe.com rather than Rightousbabe.com.

6. Bjork. Not because I hate her music (I quite like it, actually), but because she's the most pretentious human being alive.

From the Guardian:
Quote:
She would never wear jeans and a T-shirt, she says, because they are 'a symbol of white American imperialism, like drinking Coca-Cola'.
Fuck her.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Dole Dole is offline
Mocker
Dole's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Brighton & Motherfucking Hove
Old Jan 20th, 2007, 10:21 AM       
My God, that quote just made me vomit through my eyeballs

More fuel for our pyre:

razorlight
the kooks (these wazzocks are from my home town...not only do they make the limpest, most middle of the road shite I ever heard, they went to a local 'rock school' to LEARN HOW TO BE IN A BAND AND PLAY MUSIC. Rocknroll motherfuckers!! CRAZAY!)
__________________
I don't get it. I mean, why did they fuck with the formula? Where are the car songs? There's only one song about surfing and it's a downer!
Reply With Quote
  #37  
DehydratedPorkMan DehydratedPorkMan is offline
Out of his element.
DehydratedPorkMan's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Exit 9
Old Jan 20th, 2007, 10:32 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dole
My God, that quote just made me vomit through my eyeballs

More fuel for our pyre:

razorlight
the kooks (these wazzocks are from my home town...not only do they make the limpest, most middle of the road shite I ever heard, they went to a local 'rock school' to LEARN HOW TO BE IN A BAND AND PLAY MUSIC. Rocknroll motherfuckers!! CRAZAY!)
Now I want to sell my Razorlight CD. Thanks. I always thought they sounded like Kings of Leon if Kings of Leon sucked and had sex with Hot Hot Heat if Hot Hot Heat also sucked.
__________________

"At that moment an unending stream of traffic crossed over the bridge."
Reply With Quote
  #38  
noob3 noob3 is offline
Banned
noob3's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: WHIRL
Old Jan 20th, 2007, 01:18 PM       
i'm not going to have some inbred retard who got into modest mouse when they heard float on tell me they didn't sell out
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Fathom Zero Fathom Zero is offline
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: cancer
Old Jan 20th, 2007, 01:28 PM       
HIM
The Black-Eyed Peas
U2
Guns N' Roses (The past and the present)
The Clash
The Ramones

Now I know that some people on my list are dead, but I also wish that the bands and their shitty music would disappear off of the face of the Earth.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jixby Phillips View Post
Oh god fathom zero, you are revealing yourself to be completely awful
Reply With Quote
  #40  
DehydratedPorkMan DehydratedPorkMan is offline
Out of his element.
DehydratedPorkMan's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Exit 9
Old Jan 20th, 2007, 01:30 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob3
i'm not going to have some inbred retard who got into modest mouse when they heard float on tell me they didn't sell out
Who said I got into them when I heard Float On? Stop assuming. I heard Shit Luck at a party a couple years back and bought all the CDs since, except for Highway 8. As far as inbred, I don't remember being from the South so I still defy what you say.
__________________

"At that moment an unending stream of traffic crossed over the bridge."
Reply With Quote
  #41  
noob3 noob3 is offline
Banned
noob3's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: WHIRL
Old Jan 20th, 2007, 01:37 PM       
set goals for yourself to become more understandable, so in the future i will know what the fuck you are talking about

Quote:
I'm not saying this because I started on the Good News album, I got Lonesome Crowded West and one of their EPs.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
DehydratedPorkMan DehydratedPorkMan is offline
Out of his element.
DehydratedPorkMan's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Exit 9
Old Jan 20th, 2007, 02:26 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob3
set goals for yourself to become more understandable, so in the future i will know what the fuck you are talking about

Quote:
I'm not saying this because I started on the Good News album, I got Lonesome Crowded West and one of their EPs.
You don't know the names of their albums? Lonsesome Crowded West was their second LP.

While I try to wrap my head around how someone who knows Modest Mouse didn't understand that sentence, I want to ask you something. Do you subscribe to the indie scene or are you just a Modest Mouse fan bitter that they are on the radio? They're still DIY. They're still indie. They just change their sound. When Mr. Bungle put out California it was more accessible than their other records and nobody said they sold out.

But in the end, there's not middle ground. Nobody's right. If you want to think they sold out, fine. But at least know your shit.
__________________

"At that moment an unending stream of traffic crossed over the bridge."
Reply With Quote
  #43  
noob3 noob3 is offline
Banned
noob3's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: WHIRL
Old Jan 20th, 2007, 02:31 PM       
the way you TYPED out that "im not saying this because i started with float on" MADE me think you started with float on

but I AM SORRY i misunderstood you

hella indy cred bro
Reply With Quote
  #44  
DehydratedPorkMan DehydratedPorkMan is offline
Out of his element.
DehydratedPorkMan's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Exit 9
Old Jan 20th, 2007, 02:32 PM       
Hello to you too, esteemed once-Modest Mouse fan. Friends?
__________________

"At that moment an unending stream of traffic crossed over the bridge."
Reply With Quote
  #45  
noob3 noob3 is offline
Banned
noob3's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: WHIRL
Old Jan 20th, 2007, 02:36 PM       
you are much too indy for me to be friends with
Reply With Quote
  #46  
DehydratedPorkMan DehydratedPorkMan is offline
Out of his element.
DehydratedPorkMan's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Exit 9
Old Jan 20th, 2007, 02:42 PM       
Because I like old Modest Mouse plus their new stuff?

How about this. I own a Limp Bizkit album.
__________________

"At that moment an unending stream of traffic crossed over the bridge."
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Dole Dole is offline
Mocker
Dole's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Brighton & Motherfucking Hove
Old Jan 20th, 2007, 02:44 PM       
They're really not very good, are they?
__________________
I don't get it. I mean, why did they fuck with the formula? Where are the car songs? There's only one song about surfing and it's a downer!
Reply With Quote
  #48  
liquidstatik liquidstatik is offline
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Seattle, WA
Old Jan 20th, 2007, 04:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldasbiggestfan
My Chemical Romance is added to mine because I just heard one of their songs on the radio and it was fucking horrible. "LOOAOAOAOAONG AGOOOOO." I hate that goddamn pussy moan of his/hers.
stop trying so hard to fit in ;o
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #49  
liquidstatik liquidstatik is offline
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Seattle, WA
Old Jan 20th, 2007, 04:22 PM       
oh yeah and

atreyu
eighteen visions
avenged sevenfold
john mayer or w/e
50 cent ;<
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #50  
noob3 noob3 is offline
Banned
noob3's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: WHIRL
Old Jan 20th, 2007, 04:22 PM       
ur body is a wonderland
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

   


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:07 PM.


© 2008 I-Mockery.com
Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.