Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 01:10 PM        Chimp's Gay Web Game idea thread
Okay, I've been thinking a bit about what would be cool to have in a web game like KoC, and I think that I've devised a pretty interesting system.

1) Each player would have a "mini-economy," rather than just being a massive army. In KoC, you get X number of soldiers per day, and X amount of gold based on that number per turn. I thought that it would be interesting to instead get peasants, from which you have to train specific units. Soldiers would not generate any gold; only your peasants would.

Therefore, if you wanted to, you could keep training all your peasants as soldiers, but you wouldn't generate any gold of your own and have to fight all the time to get more. In order to be self-sufficient, you'd have to leave a sizable number of peasants as peasants.

2) More than one type of unit. It would be like Warcraft where there's an equivalent unit for each race, but there would be stuff ranging from regular grunt/footman to knight. You can also assign them to attack, defense or all-purpose duty.

3) Magic units. You could also train peasants (or perhaps a high level physical unit) into a magic user, which in turn would do entirely separate additional damage in combat.

4) Equipment upgrades. These are like in KoC to upgrade the effectiveness of your troops. Maybe there could be a few upgrades to improve the productivity of peasants.

5) Artifacts. These would be for really powerful players with lots of resources since they would cost so damn much. You could only have ONE artifact, and it would only do ONE thing (like maybe a 25% resistance to magic damage or extra gold per turn). You'd have to decide which artifact was best for you.

6) Combat. Web games can't really have any complicated, drawn out strategy to the combat without forcing players to be online all the time, so this would be just like in KoC where both armies just beat up each other and walk away with teh mad lewtz.

Extra fortifications and seige capabilities, equipment bonuses, artifacts and racial bonuses would be taken into account when defending and attacking, and casaulties would be calculated in a weighted average type thing: Rather than just picking random units to die, you would be more likely to lose regular soldiers than knights, for instance.

7) Private messaging. Because whore wants it. And it's a damn good idea.

8) Control of your army. Okay, not necessarily true control, but if one of your lackey's can't keep their shit together (like with Ashiro), you can kick them out... Just because. Alternatively, you could betray your commander and change allegiance by enlisting under someone else. :evil

9) Commanders give bonuses. Your commander would help out a bit when you get attacked by providing a small bonus to attack and bonus based on their own strength. I still have to come up with a way to get around people just signing up under really powerful people to become invincible really early on... maybe the bonus would have to depend on your own size.

10) Tributes. Friends bankrupt because of little faggots? No problem. Give him some gold.

11) Attack/Defense/Exhaustion. This is the stuff that doesn't work in KoC. Each turn, you gain attack and defense points. Attacking and defending causes exhaustion. Exhaustion is a percentage for efficiency of your troops, and each turn your troops will lose some exhaustion.

When you attack X times, you lose X attack points. When you are defending, you will lose defense points (it would have to be on some sort of scale, since it's not realistic that little guys could take out a really powerful guy)... perhaps limiting the size of players that you can attack (both max size and minimum size).

12) Spies. Separate unit, still have to work details out, but effectiveness would probably rely on a percentage your defense rating.

13) Races. I was thinking maybe 4 or 5. It would be really cool if there was an undead race because their mages could be called liches.

14) Rounds. I think 6 months would be a good round length, after which everyone starts off at 0 and goes again.
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 01:31 PM       
I feel that there should be a better goal then there is in KOC. It seems all you do in it is try to get the most people.

I think the goal in your game shoudl eb to conquer the world. I am sure it would be difficult as you said, but a map to show how much land each team has taken would be excellent. I personally would like to see the kinda game where a whole team can win. As soon as someone has conquered everything they would win. Or at the end of 6 months calculate who has the most territory.

yea so it might be impossible with php....i dont really know, but there has to be someway.

Grazzt is probably a spambot
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 01:32 PM       
I suggest being able to keep artifacts you discover in storage, so if you decide that extra gold is more advantageous than magic resistance at the time, you can rotate.
Resident Chimp
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 03:11 PM       
Hmm... I will have to think about the map thing; it's possible, I imagine, but how would you place everyone on the map? That's why I thought of the idea of nations fighting each other (no one could fight someone in the same nation), but then that defeats the purpose of being able to kick people out of your army and change allegiance.

Making a map would be some hardcore on-the-fly image generation. :/

It is easy to check which nation ends up with the most power, though.

Quote:
I suggest being able to keep artifacts you discover in storage, so if you decide that extra gold is more advantageous than magic resistance at the time, you can rotate.
That's a pretty good idea.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 04:10 PM       
If you have the siege weapons for offense, (battering rams and ladders) why not ones for defense? I'm talking boiling oil or big rocks. Things like that.

Maybe you could also make so the more battles you are in the more skill you get. Like if someone keeps attacking you, you'd learn their attack pattern and get a defense boost?

And for spells, maybe spells that affect attack conditions. Like having your mage cast a big old fog spell, so your troops could sneak in unseen and give you an attack bonus.

UnDeath is probably a spambot
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 05:01 PM       
http://games.swirve.com/earth/
this game has economic micromanagement that you seem to be talking about, but its not fantasy based, as the one your currently in seems to be.
Resident Chimp
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 07:33 PM       
Extra spells would go under upgrading magical equipment.

Thanks for the link, Undeath.

Anyways, what races should be in the game? I was thinking Human, Elf, Dwarf, Undead and maybe one other thing. Orc, perhaps, but that's so cliche.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 07:46 PM       
Goblins!

Or gnolls, or trolls, or birdy people, or ogres.
Resident Chimp
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 08:06 PM       
Hmm... It could be an all encompassing "The Horde." In D&D, the Horde is made up of orcs, trolls, ogres and other humanoids. :/

CrapOnAStick is probably a spambot
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 11:46 PM       
Demons? :/
Resident Chimp
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 11:46 PM       
:O

Demons don't really need gold, though. They just demon it up and then spend it.
Blackjack is probably a spambot
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 09:02 AM       
You really, REALLY need a girlfriend, chimp.
Resident Chimp
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 11:19 AM       
Oh yeah? Well... just you wait until I calculate how long it will take to cover the UK in a foot of semen!

This game will be cool.
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 12:05 PM       
Make armys gain through time, not through link click-through... 'Cause its more fair that way...
Resident Chimp
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 01:16 PM       
The click-throughs are what attract people to the site initially, but yeah, there should be a limit so people can't cheat (like with that proxy shit--there isn't any way to prevent that since it's many different IPs).

Maybe a maximum of 10 clicks per day.
Resident Chimp
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 03:08 PM       
I NEED A NAME FOR THIS GAME.

I was thinking something that uses the word "legions" because it's a cool name and not many game use it.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 18th, 2003, 03:11 PM       
How about "Legoins of PAIN TO THE FACE"
Resident Chimp
Old Jun 19th, 2003, 12:13 PM       

CrapOnAStick is probably a spambot
Old Jun 20th, 2003, 06:01 PM       
Will it have ads? :/
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jun 20th, 2003, 08:21 PM       
NO BUT IT WILL HAVE AIDS

-willie
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 20th, 2003, 08:21 PM       
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Jun 20th, 2003, 11:36 PM       
Legions of DOOM
The Unicorn
Old Jun 21st, 2003, 12:41 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Crunch
Legions of DOOM
Mocker
Old Jun 21st, 2003, 12:56 AM       
Shit, you found me out.

Legions of DEATH
Mocker
Old Jun 21st, 2003, 12:57 AM