Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old May 28th, 2010, 08:49 PM       
GD it FZ. Why do you send me these mixed signals?!

Last edited by Dimnos : May 28th, 2010 at 09:20 PM.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old May 28th, 2010, 08:58 PM       
lol you pretty much made the same exact character as gamespot reviewer
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/alph...ol/review.html

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old May 28th, 2010, 09:09 PM       
Oh my god, I'm on the first mission and it's so awful. Targeting is shit, you won't be able to hit anything no matter what. Hacking is probably the worst minigame ever made and I think I'm going into seizures.

I can't warn people enough to stay away from this game, but I'm still going to play through because I spent fifty fucking dollars on it.
With More Yes Than Ever
DougClayton4231 is probably a spambot
Old May 28th, 2010, 09:26 PM       
I fucking told you Fathom! lol If only you hadn't pre-purchased.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old May 28th, 2010, 09:42 PM       
It sounds like you were spot-on. I was actually hoping that this might turn out to be the next Deus Ex sort of game, but instead it's just a turd.

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old May 28th, 2010, 10:03 PM       
If the gameplay wasn't so broken, it'd probably come pretty close. There's a really cool spy feeling about it, but it's just aaaaaaaaaaaagh.
Old May 28th, 2010, 10:10 PM       
Did you get it on PC FZ? You still have the hope some skilled fan(s) will make some sort of patch or mod that will fix that shit.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old May 28th, 2010, 10:50 PM       
True. It's about as stable as Merchants of Brooklyn.

I would be able to deal with all of the dickish moves Obsidian made if they made the camera rotate smoothly around the character.

I can't play a game when it's like that. I really can't. It keeps you from seeing your environment and the enemies, aiming, and everything else.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old May 28th, 2010, 11:24 PM       
I'm sorry, Fathom, but I have to admit I enjoyed your series of posts on the subject:

"Okay, I'm a few seconds in, and everything looks good. Conversation options are alri-AAAUUUUGH GOD WHY!? WHY!?"

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old May 29th, 2010, 12:33 AM       
Conker's Bad Fur Day!

At first I didn't care for it, until I realized it's not so much a Banjo Kazooie type platformer as it is a simplified version of a Lucasarts-ish adventure game. There's practically no combat in it at all, and the levels are teeny, as opposed to BK's sprawling, massive billion levels full of different stuff to do. Most of it is spent just running around, solving one or two puzzles, then moving to the next area.

It's ok, but not as funny as the internet would have you believe.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old May 29th, 2010, 06:06 AM       
Despite the gross out humor it has, I always thought the Great Mighty Poo fight was interesting and unique. Before that I never had to fight a boss that sang to me.
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old May 29th, 2010, 06:35 AM       
I admit, Alpha Protocol is pretty much shit in the technical department but I still like it, I just didn´t think they´d mess up the optics and part of the controls that much...I don´t really mind the whole "I can´t hit shit"-thing, since it´s an RPG, not a Shooter. Look at any Bioware RPG. People are hitting each other in the face with maces but nothing happens as long as the dice behind the scenes don´t say so.

But I can understand that most people will get some kind of seizure when they play this game good thing I got it a bit cheaper...

They should do they same thing I proposed to the Nier-team: Keep their story-writers and gameplay-designers, fire the rest and get some grown-ups to program their game.
With More Yes Than Ever
Old May 29th, 2010, 12:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie View Post
I'm sorry, Fathom, but I have to admit I enjoyed your series of posts on the subject:

"Okay, I'm a few seconds in, and everything looks good. Conversation options are alri-AAAUUUUGH GOD WHY!? WHY!?"
lmao, I'm glad I could at least warn some people. I couldn't even finish the training mission because I hated it so much.
drifting in the void
Old May 29th, 2010, 07:46 PM       
The training mission sucks, true. The other hubs are quite interesting up till now.

Finished Saudi Arabia and Taipeh and I´ve just arrived in Russia for my thrid operation...it´s nice how the people you meet remember in which order you went to which place...the guy I met in Taipeh (3rd Opration in the list, I did it first) talks about the things that happened there, how he and I were involved and what it can mean for our continued cooperation in Russia (1st Op in the list, doing it second). I suppose he´d treat me a lot differently, had our first meeting gone more hostile...could´ve tried to kill him too of course...but I prefer to keep potential benefactors alive, even if they´re the apparent head of some secret tech-mercenary-group.
With More Yes Than Ever
Old May 29th, 2010, 07:53 PM       
Just beat Resident Evil 5 for the first time. The last few chapters were designed by satan himself, I swear. It's like they don't want you to enjoy the game at all and most of it is not self-explanatory. I can't imagine beating it on the hardest difficulty, it must be like slamming your dick in a car door.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old May 29th, 2010, 08:45 PM       
I broke a controller while fighting Wesker for the first time, I think.

That's when I returned Resident Evil 5 and never ever played it again.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old May 29th, 2010, 09:36 PM       
For anyone wanting some good espionage action and spy stuffs, there's a game called Subversion coming out from Introversion Games, the makers of Darwinia and Defcon. It's very promising looking.

http://www.introversion.co.uk/blog/index.php
http://www.gamesradar.com/pc/subvers...08163937851035
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old May 29th, 2010, 09:37 PM       
i kiled wesker in like 5 minutes the second fight of course

frappez le cochon rouge
Old May 29th, 2010, 09:41 PM       
The quick time events were such bullshit in that game. That's why I stopped.
taco loving zombie
Old May 29th, 2010, 09:48 PM       
yeah at least in umbrella chronicles they had the courtesy of letting you know when they were coming with the effect on the screen

The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old May 29th, 2010, 10:55 PM       
You guys are such pussies.
Old May 29th, 2010, 11:43 PM       
Im with Sam. Your all pussies if you cant beat Wesker or the QT events.
taco loving zombie
Old May 29th, 2010, 11:57 PM       
wesker was easy i even beat it with a stupid ai partner

frappez le cochon rouge
Old May 30th, 2010, 06:25 AM       
I didn't care for most of it anyway. I liked Mercenaries more.
drifting in the void
Old May 30th, 2010, 09:29 AM       
Alright, finished Alpha Protocol on normal with an Engineer in about 15 hours. Up until the very last part it was really fun despite all the technical shortcomings...I for one don´t regret getting it

Now, on to replaying it as an asshole field agent.