Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Article Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I ARE ROBOT
MockBot has disabled reputation
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 02:32 AM        Weekly Music Review: London Calling
Automatically generated comment thread for Weekly Music Review: London Calling.
James Brown in hiding
D-MoN is probably a spambot
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 07:19 AM       
No Prot, this is not the best album ever recorded however it is a Goddamned good album. The Clash is so popular even today and.. what? Wait.. sorry that was the White Stripes parroting their style. Jack white wants to be English and a member of the Clash so bad he's probably somewhere looking in a mirror going "You toytally a loymie!". What made this album and The Clash so fucking good was the fact that they were able to make punk rock, but the singer could actually sing as opposed to just string together obscenities like Johnny Rotton.

I really feel bad for anyone that's never heard this album, namely because they've bad taste in music but also because fuck, it's the Clash man. This album is so goddamned classic that every "new" rock band out there is parroting that style of snide, undertoned British rock only none of them are snide and none of them are British no matter how much those fucking idiots from the Strokes pray for it. All the poseurs with the poofed out bangs and stand up basses owe to this album and it's so worth it. Though I suppose you're expecting some kind of typical forum post from me so uh..

CLASH RULES! LOL! U R ALL PWNED!!

Or something equally retarded as heard on X-Box live.
Forum Virgin
Grishnak is probably a spambot
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 08:40 AM       
"Sgt. Pepper's", "Piper @ the gates of dawn", "Hot Rats", "Ramones", "jet Generation" are of same goodness, feels good to be wrong, as usual
Pickleman's Uncle
Poxpower is probably a spambot
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 11:05 AM       
That's a funny comedy article.
Of course we both know that "Transformers: The Movie" The Soundtrack is the best thing ever recorded.

And to "parroting" guy. Yeah everyone's is parroting the "singer + guitar + drums" style.
Rape you...
macrodeath is probably a spambot
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 11:50 AM       
Mr. Clown, you are so wrong. The best album ever recorded is Judas Priest's Painkiller, no other. Akira Yamaoka's iFuturelist is the second best album ever. And number three is Cannibal Corpse's Kill. (And not to forget The Downward Spiral by NIN and Primus records)

Arguing aside, just got Black Sabbath's Dio Years cd. Works for me, works really fucking well...
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 04:42 PM       
Don't you fuckers make me go edit Wikipedia and prove you wrong. I'll prove it!

D-MoN: How can you say that someone's taste in music sucks just because they haven't been exposed to this album? Isn't that kind of a "crazy person" thing to say?

Grishnak: I'm not a big fan of Sgt. Peppers, I have to say. I wouldn't even rank it in my top 5 Beatles albums, and in my book their best one is Revolver, hands down. And Ramones is a great album, but how can you put it in the same league as this? It's just three-chord songs that all sound the same! Don't get me wrong, I love that album and the Ramones are one of my favorite bands, but if you want to talk about overall musicianship The Clash are worlds above them (though I enjoy both bands about equally). Piper at the Gates of Dawn was a silly, fun album that I haven't listened to in years. It has a cheesy charm to it, I suppose. I haven't heard the other ones, though I've been meaning to check out more Zappa. And the only "Jet Generation" I can find is by Guitar Wolf. They're a fun band, I saw 'em live before the original Bass Wolf died, but they're not exactly going to change the world or anything.

Poxpower: Yarrrgh! Cannot...refute...the power...of...STAN BUSH!

macrodeath
: Heh. Sorry man, I haven't heard any of those except for Downward Spiral.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 05:12 PM       
Hahah Pox just blew your mind, Proto!
Forum Virgin
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 07:00 PM       
Old saying in my village say: only thing scarier than Grish is clown that is proto and his humour, Grish will not risk fury of clown that is proto and who is friend of supreme ruler Mock. But try again Piper, try listen but add magic cookies. Or magic mushrooms. Best albuuuuum! Rarrrrrghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
James Brown in hiding
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 08:07 PM       
Well el Proto-man I can say it because if you're a fan of good music and have never heard of this album or heard it means that you've either actively avoided it or are just plain suffering from bad taste. No one who likes music from Mozart to Iron Maiden could not have heard of this album unless they're Amish and then they're forgiven because they have those totally bitchin' beards.
The Goddamned Batman
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 10:53 PM       
Yeah, but there's a difference between ignorance and bad taste. Maybe someone has only been exposed to a small portion of music but they like a bunch of really good stuff, you know? I do agree that most people who are "into" music would have at least heard of this album if they haven't heard it, but maybe some people just don't care about certain genres. Doesn't mean they have bad taste, necessarily. Just limited taste.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Jan 11th, 2008, 11:24 PM       
Proto: Didn't the Ramones always strive for a more simplistic form of Rock N' Roll?

PS: I'm still looking for a riot of my own.
Forum Virgin
hobbsend is probably a spambot
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 01:12 AM       
Ah classic! Not the only best album for me, but one of the few, that's for damn sure! I got into the Clash in my ska days, and I've never looked back! Brilliantly done, showing how verstile a band can actually be, while still holding true to some very basic, core sounds. Later albums tried to recapture what this album had, and some were so close, yet still fell short. I don't care if having multiple all time favortie options is a cop out, it works damnit!
SlyBattery is probably a spambot
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 04:12 AM       
This album is definitely one of the best. But who can really say what's the best? A lot of people that's who.

I think as far as The Ramones compared to the Clash go...they are both expertly crafted pop-punk. Both bands completely understood how to make an infectious song. The Clash just branched out into different genres.
Letch
Maxwell Demon is probably a spambot
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 08:33 AM       
3 woids, Plastic Surgery Disasters. May not be the best album ever but its definately one of the most complex exhibits of punk that would still be considerd accessable to the general public. Aside from punk tho, Ziggy Stardust, Dark Side of the Moon(a given), or my personal favorite, Lifted (or the storys in the soil, keep your ear to the ground) by bright eyes. Say what you want but theres brilliant songwriting on that album.
The Goddamned Batman
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 11:10 AM       
I do realize that calling anything "the best album ever" is stupid, but I always argue this as if it's a fact to annoy my friends, and their frustration amuses me, so I did it here too.

But yeah, the Ramones certainly weren't trying to do anything overly complex, and they were fucking genius at what they did do. One of my absolute favorite bands, and I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't "get" them, because they're missing out on some of the most fun songs in existence.

And Plastic Surgery Disasters is my favorite Dead Kennedys album, no doubt. I will probably be doing a review of it here at some point.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 01:02 PM       
Anything with Jello Biafra is gold, which is why East Bay Ray and his goon's new soul raping DK Dead Kennedys make me cry inside.
James Brown in hiding
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 01:41 PM       
Yeah y'know booze and James Brown records will fix that right up for you Nick.
Forum Virgin
Old Jan 13th, 2008, 05:46 AM       
I forget "A night at the opera"! O mamma mia mamma mia MAMMA MIA LET ME GO!
James Brown in hiding
Old Jan 13th, 2008, 08:25 AM       
Could be worse though. Could be the subtle homoerotic overtones of men in denial that we call Death Metal. Death metal sucks on a good day but when you realize it's just a cheap man's way out of the closet instead of just kicking the damn thing open and screaming waht you want we tress it up as lame ass corpse paint. So yeah, London Calling is awesome because it's about a genuine expression of anger and not rage because you're so repressed that your idiot fans can't get the hint from makeup and black leather straps.
From the Home of MST3K
incognit000 is probably a spambot
Old Jan 13th, 2008, 01:04 PM       
I like this album because it got me laid. Twice.
Forum Virgin
whoareyou is probably a spambot
Old Jan 13th, 2008, 02:39 PM       
this is definetly in the top ten, but for my taste the top spot is either Nirvana Unplugged in New York or Johnny Cash Live at San Quinton.
Master of teh lazer!
Shoop da Woop is probably a spambot
Old Jan 13th, 2008, 03:25 PM       
I perfer Dr. Steel's People of Earth myself. Then again, almost no one has heard it. Just check out my site for some of his music. -Nods-
Built in the 80s
GRUMPYNZ is probably a spambot
Old Jan 13th, 2008, 05:15 PM       
I agree that it's best album ever recorded.
Master of teh lazer!
Shoop da Woop is probably a spambot
Old Jan 13th, 2008, 05:30 PM       
I IS TEH MOOSE!
Bane of Zombies
Undead Overlord is probably a spambot
Old Jan 13th, 2008, 05:37 PM       
Changing gears for a second...has anyone ever seen Stephen Lynch? He's a singing comedian and he's HILARIOUS! Maybe a bit mean, but abolutely hilarious. My favorite song is "Beelz".

What's your favorite song that he did?