Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Dec 16th, 2006, 03:57 PM        So I just got back from Angels and Airwaves
Well first thing first Tom is so full of himself it's clear how different a person him and Mark are.

Tom Came out on stage moving like Edward scissorhands had a bastard lovechild with Robert Smith and wearing a My Chemical Romance black parade style shirt uniform thingy.

He began singing in the style of "Robert Smith hasn't hit puberty" and if you've seen him recently you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Anywho David Kennedy of Boxcar Racer fame (who autographed a boxcar racer insert for me) was almost an afterthought only copying or backing up Tom basicly he was just a good friend being backup guitar and moral support but i didn't care cause I still love the way he plays. The drummer was doing spectacular job it's clear why the Offspring chose him to replace Ron Weltey, no Travis Barker perhaps but CERTAINLY no slouch. VERY good AND origanel. The bassist was almost the total star, playing ASTOUNDING bass work and deep keyboard stuff he may have looked like something AFI threw up but he was good. In case our wondering after the show he was asked if the Distillers were history he said "I dunno, the frontman has a new project, but if i have the free time and they want me to I'd love to come back and do some more, it's all amicable" I don't like the Distillers, to simple and rancid sounding for me, but this bassist RULES.

They never let you forget who they are even if they are doing a pretty good Cure impersonation half the time. With an electronic rendition of Blink 182's I miss you (I would have preffered Violence, or ,Down or Stockholme, or I wanna fuck a dog in the ass, but beggars can't be choosers) and the staple Boxcar Racer cover of There Is. They told stories about the meaning of life and love and just joking a lot about amputees midgets fucking trolls. They talked about the Punk Rock they grew up with and this band's goal of taking it to a next step about building meaningful deep music that matters instead of the usual fuck you to the people you hate while hanging with your friends punk rock.

Since the live show was SO MUCH similar to Cure type stuff then their album (which did not make me think of the Cure at all) I asked if Tom would ever work with Smith again and he said no, but he is doing his best to get that guy from Depeche Mode on the next album and that they are almost ready to return to the studio and record the new album.

Also here is a quick overview of the opening acts

Cinemascope - suck
Playing with matches - hella fun, but the singer's voice is to high pitched. But the cover of Beat it, is HILARIOUS and very very good.
Happy Endings - not nearly as annoying live since the singer hit puberty, not great either.
Shinedown - I hate Southern Rock and metal, but I LOVE this band.

Definatley worth the price of admission I just wish the audience would STFU so I could listen to the singer and the band I was front row and all i heard was the audience whistling and cheering THROUGH EVERY GOD DAMN SECOND FOR 7 HOURS!

But I cross this off my list of bands to see before I die

next up:
Radiohead
Thursday
AFI (I have V-day tickets)
Flaming Lips
Cure
Misfits
Mars Volta
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 16th, 2006, 04:15 PM       
lol u have bad taste in music
OK
Black Flag is probably a spambot
Old Dec 16th, 2006, 04:58 PM       
for real, if you're gonna try to make fun of people for listening to linkin park you should maybe not listen to blink 182
Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Dec 16th, 2006, 05:45 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Flag
for real, if you're gonna try to make fun of people for listening to linkin park you should maybe not listen to blink 182
Comparing Linkin Park to Blink 182 is like comparing the Police to Kfed, they suck on two completley different platforms. There is slight annoyance and there is crap personified. then redone with Jay Z
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Dec 16th, 2006, 05:59 PM       
Oh brother, you are a dork.

Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Dec 16th, 2006, 08:17 PM       
I can't be too cool in a tree with my pants down, the air is cold and I've got splinters in my feet.
adept_ninja is probably a spambot
Old Dec 18th, 2006, 06:28 PM       
every band you just listed sucked except radio head and flaming lips
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 18th, 2006, 07:27 PM       
the police don't suck you c*ckhole
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 18th, 2006, 07:49 PM       
synchronicity and zenyatta mondatta are fantastic albums, you tastless moron
adept_ninja is probably a spambot
Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 12:19 PM       
eh they are ok. I didnt see him talk about them but i didnt exactly read the whole thing
What Video Games?
Angryhydralisk is probably a spambot
Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 01:09 PM       
The only band there I would want to see on that list would be the Misfits, but only if I could go back in time.

j/k fuck them