Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Durrsomething is probably a spambot
Old May 30th, 2009, 09:14 PM       
What? It's a game full of glitches, long loading times, shit gameplay, shit voice acting, furries, bland characters (With Silver being the biggest Mary-Sue in gaming) and scene involving NECROPHiLIA/BEASTIALITY BETWEEN SOME CREEPY PRINCESS BITCH AND A MUTANT HEDGEHOG.

Sounds scary as hell to me
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 1st, 2009, 02:20 AM       
srsly dude shut the fuck up right now
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jun 1st, 2009, 11:36 AM       
The Grudge game isn't new, they had a prototype of it on doyouhaveagrudge.com when the first US remake came out. Atmosphere was similar.

I can't tell you how disappointed I am that they made that game.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 1st, 2009, 02:45 PM       
Is it the same thing as Atmosfear the video board game? We used to play Nightmare which wasn't scary but kind of fun.
the axe and the smasher
robo_rob is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2009, 03:02 PM       
This is a new Wii version, looks fun. Not really scary, but fun.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jun 1st, 2009, 05:21 PM       
The only things that I see as being different from the old promo game is that a) it doesn't look like it's in "the house" (although the all-important STAIRCASE is there, I saw) and b) I don't remember actually seeing Kayako in the promo game.

The one thing that is majorly similar is the cat-sounds and the croak-sounds getting progressively louder, which I think is supposed to increase your dread but in my opinion wipes out the surprise factor.

I checked a while ago to see if the game was still at that URL and it was gone...didn't check to see if it had popped up anywhere else. You were safe as long as you stayed downstairs, but you died pretty much immediately if you went up the staircase.
the axe and the smasher
Old Jun 1st, 2009, 07:02 PM       
It's probably the same game, picked back up. From what I read, you use the nun-chuck to walk around and use the remote as a flashlight. Pretty much the descriptions say it's basically a haunted house type game. As in, you walk around and get scared. Probably fun for short periods of time. Apparently a second player can set up traps.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jun 1st, 2009, 07:30 PM       
I'm just starting to wonder how many other places they can stick Kayako. And after the godawful Grudge 3, we've got another one to worry about too.

Probably the biggest thing you could do to fuck with someone who is frightened by the Ju-On movies is somehow have random, anonymous croaking cellphone calls placed to them on a regular basis. If you could trick someone into filling out a registration form and then start that up, that would be fantastic.

And if there was a way to make their monitor warp like that freaky scene in the V-cinema version, that would be good too.
the axe and the smasher
Old Jun 1st, 2009, 07:33 PM       
I'm betting here it will be random placement of her and random similar ghosts. Probably nothing too revolutionary, other than surprise moments.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jun 1st, 2009, 07:52 PM       
that pretty much describes the movies now, too.
the axe and the smasher
Old Jun 1st, 2009, 08:04 PM       
well, at least it matches the source
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Jun 2nd, 2009, 01:27 PM       
Resident evil 1
Silent Hill 1
REmake
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Jun 3rd, 2009, 03:33 AM       
Penumbra is the scariest game I've played in a long time. But that fear eventually turns into frustration when you realize that it's nearly impossible to kill ANYTHING, even if you had to.
Forum Virgin
Celestemmcknight is probably a spambot
Old Jun 7th, 2009, 08:34 AM        Scariest games
sorry sorry i am just not used to girls playing video games its a good change. and i am thinking screw it, i might just rip the tv off the wall plug it in then put it back i cant wait 4 weeks
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 8th, 2009, 11:05 AM       
Banned?
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Jun 8th, 2009, 09:09 PM       
There are a few DOOM WADs out there that can be pretty startling. Most notably are the Ghoul series. The first time I played it, I had the volume all the way down, so I never heard it coming until all of a sudden I had this giant zombie ghoul chasing me in the pitch black.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jun 9th, 2009, 03:29 AM       
Doom 1 and 2 were the first games to really get me nervous and make my heart race. After that it's been so few and far inbetween that I can't think of anything else that gave me that same fearful feeling.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Jun 9th, 2009, 10:11 AM       
It was that scream when you you died that got me back then. The scream, man.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jun 14th, 2009, 12:17 AM       
I think OutNumbered! was the first game that really scared me as a kid.

I remember the first and almost only time I played it in the Computer Lab in elementary school, back in the Mac OS 5 days or somewhere around there. I played the game with black and white graphics, and it had crude PC speaker sound effects, or probably just a really shitty sound card, and the spastic bastard TV robots chasing you around the radio station almost drove me to tears. Gizmos and Gadgets had robot enemies, too, but they weren't nearly as terrifying on Windows 95.

I've still got a deep seated fear of that game today and would probably not want to play it ever again.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/super-solvers-outnumbered

Other games that have horrified me both unintentionally and otherwise include Earthbound Zero, Tomb Raider, Ocarina of Time ( ), Metroid Fusion, Final Fantasy 7, and Silent Hill.

Yes, I am a large vagina.
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Jun 22nd, 2009, 05:07 AM       
Alone in the dark 1 made me feel pretty uneasy back when it was new...the sounds, the graphics, the Lovecraftian Atmosphere (back then, I wasn´t aware that it was Lovecraftian sadly). From the beginning with the claw on the window up to...well, 20 minutes later, when I died in the house somewhere...never finished it.
derrida is probably a spambot
Old Jun 22nd, 2009, 05:48 AM       
The Shalebridge Cradle level in Thief III. Fucking masterpiece in level/sound design. The other Thief games had some pretty creepy levels, but the cradle was the MOTHERFUCKING SHIT.

System Shock 2. Like Thief, this is mostly because of excellent sound design, and I'm pretty sure a number of the same people worked on both games.

The Clock Tower games. Dunno if anyone mentioned it yet, but there you go.
SKATASTIC
Old Jun 22nd, 2009, 04:08 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by derrida View Post
The Clock Tower games. Dunno if anyone mentioned it yet, but there you go.
The first one at least.
Dogs Get Put Down
DevilWearsPrada is probably a spambot
Old Jun 23rd, 2009, 01:06 AM       
Clock tower for snes had it's scary moments, but also had laughably bad story moments like when one of the main character's friends is drowning for a good minute and a half and instead of attempting to save her she just stands around going all 'durrhurr i guess my friend is drowning huh?'
SKATASTIC
Old Jun 23rd, 2009, 01:52 PM       
That's why I didn't like Clock Tower: Ghost Head very much. It had a lot of bad plot devices. Except Mr. Bates was awesome all the time.
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Jun 28th, 2009, 07:34 PM       
Shit, nothing tops Sanitarium. It's not really scary, just a little creepy but none the less an amazing game. Windows 95 that shit up