Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Skurge187 is probably a spambot
Old Aug 13th, 2004, 10:41 AM        Video programs
what are some good video editing programs for me to download? Right now I have Animation Shop. It's old, but it's still a very decent program. I can create and even rip from avi's and gifs with it...frame by frame. it's pretty fun sitting there and altering gifs and screwing around with what happens in an avi, or stealing from one avi and adding the footage to another one. but, the avis don't have sound. what program could i use to add sound and change the file format to a more compact mpeg format? If I could get a program that covers all areas from advanced video editing to gif creating I'd have what I've been looking for. What would I use to create flash videos, or to rip from other flash videos and add it to another video? I'm thinking about creating some mindless insanity videos and submitting them to some of the websites like i-mockery and newgrounds.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Aug 13th, 2004, 01:11 PM       
Adobe Premiere for video editing. Fairly easy to use. You can import multiple movie files to stick together on a timeline, clip them, clip the sound, add separate sounds or music. To compress a movie you just need to tone down the quality and use codecs. I think Premiere comes with a number of codecs standard, but it's nice if the people who you want to show the movie to can easily acquire the codec, or they can't see the movie. DivX is a safe choice in that case.

Flash works differently. You use Macromedia Flash to make videos, but it's not possible to actually rip, say, seven seconds out of the middle and paste it into something else. At best you can import an existing .swf file into Flash, which results in a huge frame-by-frame movie that most likely functions badly. It's mostly a way of ripping specific objects (a picture) from existing Flash movies, and it only works if the original creator neglected to put protection from import into their Flash movie.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Aug 13th, 2004, 02:27 PM       
There are SWF to AVI conversion programs, but none of them are freeware.

And neither i-mockery nor newgrounds accept video files, even if they are especially "mindless" and "insane."

FS is probably a spambot
Old Aug 13th, 2004, 03:59 PM       
Nor when they're just montages of other people's work. Well, not I-Mockery anyway. You could probably get away with it on NG.

People occasionally submit videos embedded in Flash files to Newgrounds. And unfortunately for the site's bandwidth, they make it past judgement.